What is this! Bump on back

Justnmac

I had my veiled chameleon for almost a month now it was delivered with this bump on his back. I got him from FL chams And I had contacted them he said wait to see if it goes away. He has shed once already an It’s still there and I’m not too thrilled. Does anyone know what it could be? It looks like a little pimple (the bump) but nothing like a white head u can pop not referring to it like that. I give him the best repashy everything has proper lightening.. I’m worried it’s not going to go away An I’m not about to have a unhappy or fractured Cham... if y’all could get back with any information I’d greatly appreciate it THANKS
B0B4806D-F5A4-4DF7-B7C3-43D7C80F9757.jpeg

The bump could be an abscess, a calcium deposit, a calcification from an old rib fracture, hard to say. But, the most immediate problem is the cham's overall condition. It is skeletal. You need to fix that NOW!

That poor cham is SO thin as everyone has said. See if you can get it to eat wax worms. They are high in fat and are usually just a "sometimes" treat because of that, but that also makes them a great way to add weight in a cham!

Could you fill out the "how to ask for help" form please? Here is a link: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/ be as detailed as you can. The more information we have the more we can help! Pictures are also very helpful!

That poor cham is SO thin as everyone has said. See if you can get it to eat wax worms. They are high in fat and are usually just a "sometimes" treat because of that, but that also makes them a great way to add weight in a cham!

Could you fill out the "how to ask for help" form please? Here is a link: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/ be as detailed as you can. The more information we have the more we can help! Pictures are also very helpful!
he isn’t thin was only sucked up like that due to me having a camera al up in his grill he eats 20 crickets a day An Dubai roaches.. he’s healthy an eating well just a bad picture

The bump could be an abscess, a calcium deposit, a calcification from an old rib fracture, hard to say. But, the most immediate problem is the cham's overall condition. It is skeletal. You need to fix that NOW!
Thank you, I had thought it could be a calcium build up from sender but I’m not sure. I think or thought it was more of a rib fracture. I wasn’t very happy when I received him. I talked to the owners he’s sending out a new one. Dude is eating well everyday 15-20 crickets An I mix it up with roaches. It was a bad picture everyone’s freaking out over. He didn’t like the camera was a night photo. I will update a better picture to show you all how he looks today..

Last edited:
Wow, we where trying to help you, and your kind of being a jerk to people.

It seems like your more concerned with the "looks" of your cham, to just trade it in like that. They are not baseball cards!

I’m not trading it in but it’s not a help when people r coming back with tha same response over an over. I’m getting a new one An I am going to continue to raise him to make sure he has a good life so thanks for your concern. I want the best I give him the best of everything. I wouldn’t be on this thread if I only cared about his looks. Thanks again

im not a cham owner . but I do spend a lot of time prepping for myn , and im here to tell you that 15-20 crickets , and a dubia , is not a proper diet , im not trying to be rude but please spend more time evening out his diet

im not a cham owner . but I do spend a lot of time prepping for myn , and im here to tell you that 15-20 crickets , and a dubia , is not a proper diet , im not trying to be rude but please spend more time evening out his diet
I can’t win lol thank you I appreciate your response an consideration first An foremost. But maybe I didn’t explain his diet as best to my ability as I could have explained. I mix his diet with crickets dusting them daily with repashy calcium plus then every third day he eats Dubai roaches. He’s only 3 months old.. is there something more I need to be feeding him to be as healthy as I can allow...?

You can feed it small silkworms or small superworms, or black soldier flies, once in a while waxworms, etc. I've raised lots of chameleons on a basic diet of crickets with not much variety over the years and they do fine. Crickets are easy to gutload with a nutritious diet so they are healthy for the chameleon.

I do agree not just any vet but an exotics vet that is familiar with chameleons and their illnesses. And good luck too you :)

Back
Top Bottom