Bump on nose

Surgery went well. He’s still sleepy. He has a checkup in a week. The vet said the infection was all at the surface and hadn’t gone down into his mouth or anything so it looked pretty good. I’ll update again tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all the support and well wishes!

Surgery went well. He’s still sleepy. He has a checkup in a week. The vet said the infection was all at the surface and hadn’t gone down into his mouth or anything so it looked pretty good. I’ll update again tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all the support and well wishes!
woooo! I hope spaghetti recovers fast and speedy and is enjoying his treats and food soon 🥰

Was a culture and sensitivity test done?
Was the chameleon put on antibiotics again now that it’s been cleaned out?

I hope it doesn’t come back again this time!
I’m not sure if a culture and sensitivity test was done this time, but they did the last time he was seen for this. They left the cut open to drain (it’s very small) and I was told to clean it twice a day before applying an antibiotic ointment they gave me. He is scheduled for his check up on the 13th.

He’s up and moving around this morning. A bit slower than usual. But he did a little mini round of his enclosure, pooped, got a drink and is headed to his basking area. He was very unhappy with me cleaning his nose and putting meds on it, but he got an extra hornworm for it.

Seems to be doing good this afternoon! Exploring and basking like he normally does. He doesn’t mind the cleaning of his cut too much but he HATES the meds. He did the vibration thing this morning and afternoon when I applied it 😭 I just wish I could explain to him that it’s to help him

Oh boy was he angry this morning!!! He was actually hiding from me when he realized what I was doing. He was hissing at me which he hardly ever does. I do have a concern. Since the abscess was right on his nostril, when he was hissing at me before I cleaned it he was blowing ‘snot bubbles’. I’m guessing since it was left open to drain that it’s just gunk coming out and not really ‘snot’. The area its self looks really good. Does not look irritated or anything and is not swelling up any. And after I cleaned it, no more bubbles when he hissed. Do you guys think I need to be concerned?

Oh boy was he angry this morning!!! He was actually hiding from me when he realized what I was doing. He was hissing at me which he hardly ever does. I do have a concern. Since the abscess was right on his nostril, when he was hissing at me before I cleaned it he was blowing ‘snot bubbles’. I’m guessing since it was left open to drain that it’s just gunk coming out and not really ‘snot’. The area its self looks really good. Does not look irritated or anything and is not swelling up any. And after I cleaned it, no more bubbles when he hissed. Do you guys think I need to be concerned?
So if you are worried call the vet... I would not feel comfortable telling you this was ok when I really just do not know. :)

Photo of the area. The wetness is the medicine I just applied.

IMG_1205.jpeg

I couldn’t get a hold of the vet. They were closed. 😕

Ugghhhh I feel like I’m undoing all the trust I’ve built with him. It’s so discouraging. He just gets so angry when I put his medicine on his nose no matter how patient and gentle I am. He hides from me and he never hid from me before this. 😭😭😭

It can’t be helped to lose trust. Once he’s healed up and your interactions will only be positive again, he’ll quickly relearn that you’re to be trusted. I know it’s hard and hurts your heart, but hang in there. 💗

Back
Top Bottom