Bump on nose

So he has an abscess. The vet drained it with a needle, looked at it under a microscope and gave antibiotics. He said since it was liquid and not like cottage cheese texture like the usually are, he’s gonna try the antibiotics first. If it come back, he wants him to come back and get a light sedative so he can go in and clean it out real good. Here’s some pics from the vet. The first two are before he drained it. It went down ALOT. Last pic is the bill. Much cheaper than I expected.

The vet I see is not on the list. There are no vets in Missouri on it. This is the third time I’ve seen him. He seems pretty good. The nurse was a little rough, but he quickly corrected her and told her she has to be more gentle so that made me happy.
Poor baby! I hope that clears it up.

Thanks everyone for Spaghettis well wishes! I think when he drained it, it made him feel better. He was sooooo angry. He was hissing which is not like him. After he drained it, he instantly calmed down and even stoped showing his angry spots. We stopped at Lowe’s on the way home and picked up a new money tree for him since he ate the last one 🤦🏻‍♀️

Aww…poor sweet Spaghetti. Glad he’s feeling better now. Love that you got him a new tree after…kind of like the chameleon version of getting a lollipop after a Dr visit. 😂 That vet bills is outrageously inexpensive! Maybe @elizaann2 should add your vet to her list.
Yes! I do like this vet. He has done well the couple times I’ve seen him. Thankfully every time I’ve seen him, it’s not been anything major (aside from the MBD) so I don’t know how well he is with more serious issues. But I know I’m not the only one with a Cham that goes to him. My first time there I met a sweet little panther girl named Fergie 😍 and he is for sure the cheapest vet I have ever been to. They don’t let you charge your bill, you have to pay in full every time, but they take care credit and with rates that low it’s never a problem.

Thanks everyone for Spaghettis well wishes! I think when he drained it, it made him feel better. He was sooooo angry. He was hissing which is not like him. After he drained it, he instantly calmed down and even stoped showing his angry spots. We stopped at Lowe’s on the way home and picked up a new money tree for him since he ate the last one 🤦🏻‍♀️
He ate the whole money tree? That’s unusual for a male.

Aww…poor sweet Spaghetti. Glad he’s feeling better now. Love that you got him a new tree after…kind of like the chameleon version of getting a lollipop after a Dr visit. 😂 That vet bills is outrageously inexpensive! Maybe @elizaann2 should add your vet to her list.
Yes if you want to share the vet info with me I’d love to put it on our spreadsheet for others to use ❤️

So he has an abscess. The vet drained it with a needle, looked at it under a microscope and gave antibiotics. He said since it was liquid and not like cottage cheese texture like the usually are, he’s gonna try the antibiotics first. If it come back, he wants him to come back and get a light sedative so he can go in and clean it out real good. Here’s some pics from the vet. The first two are before he drained it. It went down ALOT. Last pic is the bill. Much cheaper than I expected.

The vet I see is not on the list. There are no vets in Missouri on it. This is the third time I’ve seen him. He seems pretty good. The nurse was a little rough, but he quickly corrected her and told her she has to be more gentle so that made me happy.
poor baby:( thinking of spaghetti!

Just an update: his abscess is back 😕 so looks like I’ll be making an appointment to get it drained 🤞
When they have an abscess, it needs to be cut open and cleaned out and flushed, because their pus is more like cottage cheese than liquid. It’s usually a good idea to have a culture and sensitivity test done to determine the bacteria involved, although it’s usually Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and the chameleon should be put on an antibiotic to ensure it’s killed.

When they have an abscess, it needs to be cut open and cleaned out and flushed, because their pus is more like cottage cheese than liquid. It’s usually a good idea to have a culture and sensitivity test done to determine the bacteria involved, although it’s usually Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and the chameleon should be put on an antibiotic to ensure it’s killed.
Yea he tested it when we first went in. It was a liquid rather than the cottage cheese texture. That’s why he decided to try just a round of antibiotics first to avoid sedation if he could. He said it would likely come back and if it did he would cut it and clean it out. So that’s what’s happening Wednesday.

Ew Wtf GIF by Married At First Sight

Back
Top Bottom