I’m back.. With tons of questions soon.

ElliotG

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi! It’s been awhile, when I first was on this website I was 16-17 and had gotten my first Cham. It’s been a few years now, I’m 20, and still have 3 of my Chams. The first Cham I ever posted about, zeppelin, passed away this last December at the age of 7 ):. Jagras, Gringo, and Mary are doing well.

Feels great to slowly come back into the swing of things, I had to move and find an apartment that would take all my lizards, and that was a chore.

I recently purchased 2 panther chameleon eggs for a steal (50$ an egg) and I’m excited to try it out! I’ve been doing tons of research, but I thought I’d log into here again incase I have any questions along the way. This will be my first time dealing with eggs, but I thought it’d be a great learning experience, since I really would love to breed Chams in the future. Any tips would be great if known! I’ll be getting the incubation kit with the eggs this week most likely, they’ll come with instructions but still super nervous lol!

I hope everyone has been having it easy the past few years, great to be posting and seeing familiar faces

Here’s some courtesy pics of my current babies

Jagras
IMG_8775.jpeg

Gringo
IMG_8210.jpeg

Mary
IMG_7782.jpeg

Welcome back 👌🏻👍🏻😎✌🏻
What a lovely crew, great news you still own 3 and they’re doing great😍
Thank you! Super excited to possibly be adding two new babies as well!

Beautiful chameleons! That is amazing that your Zepplin lived for 7 years! I hope to have my chams that long. Welcome back!

Thanks! I bet your Chams will live as long as zeppelin, even a bit longer. I got him as a rehome when he was 2 1/2 or 3, he was in a medium reptibreeze with no lights, no supplement schedule, and no misting. I honestly thought he wasn’t going to make it the first month I had him but he went strong for another 4 years! So if zeppelin who didn’t have a good start could live that long so can yours!

Thank you! Super excited to possibly be adding two new babies as well!

Thanks! I bet your Chams will live as long as zeppelin, even a bit longer. I got him as a rehome when he was 2 1/2 or 3, he was in a medium reptibreeze with no lights, no supplement schedule, and no misting. I honestly thought he wasn’t going to make it the first month I had him but he went strong for another 4 years! So if zeppelin who didn’t have a good start could live that long so can yours!
Wow good for you taking him in and giving him such a good life! Was he a panther? Veiled?

Wow good for you taking him in and giving him such a good life! Was he a panther? Veiled?
He was a veiled, actually if you go to my profile and look at my older posts He’ll be in there somewhere. I think the first post I ever made was about him and when I had gotten him first upgraded. That post definitely taught me a lot LOL 😂.

Here’s a picture of the big guy, he was abnormally large for a veiled imo, my other two boys are around the same size and haven’t grown any bigger, zeppelin was kinda a monster Cham.
IMG_3026.jpeg

Thank you! I saw your post about too many large dubias. If you still have some in a week or twos time I’d be happy to pay you for some of them. All my insect colonies didn’t make it through my first move in (had roommates that were freaked out by them 🙄). I need to start making bug colonies again lol!
I haven’t gotten rid of them yet. Where abouts do you live? I live in Maine. I don’t want any money for them, just the shipping cost. I’m not sure what the rules are about shipping them and where they are legal to ship to. I’ll have to research that before I do. I have several adult males and females so you could start a colony. Let me know where you live.😊

I haven’t gotten rid of them yet. Where abouts do you live? I live in Maine. I don’t want any money for them, just the shipping cost. I’m not sure what the rules are about shipping them and where they are legal to ship to. I’ll have to research that before I do. I have several adult males and females so you could start a colony. Let me know where you live.😊
Thanks so much! I live in Idaho, I can dm you an exact address. I think i can be shipped dubias, ive been shipped other roaches before.

Welcome back! Your chams are beautiful and from their longevity it sounds like they are having excellent care. 💗 The ones who can help you with hatching your eggs are @kinyonga and @jannb
Thank you! I try my best! They do need new plants though, some didn’t make it during the move sadly ): .

Also thank you for the recommendations! I will definitely be asking questions as I progress through it. I have been doing research but some things still seem a bit fuzzy when it comes to the exacts.

Put the eggs in a plastic Tupperware shoe box with about 3 inches of moist vermiculite and keep them in a closet where the temps with be around 76 degrees. I punch two tiny holes in the lid. To test for moisture, take a fist full of the vermiculite and squeeze it, if no more than a drop or two of water comes out then the moisture level should be okay. Do not turn the eggs as you move them from where they were laid to the container. Lay them in rows about an inch apart in all directions in shallow dents made with your thumb in the vermiculite. Put the lid on and place them in a dark place where the temperature is between 72-78 F. Moisture will form on the sides of the container and underside of the lid. It takes about 8 to 9 months for the eggs to hatch. It they are not fertile they will mold over in a couple of weeks

Put the eggs in a plastic Tupperware shoe box with about 3 inches of moist vermiculite and keep them in a closet where the temps with be around 76 degrees. I punch two tiny holes in the lid. To test for moisture, take a fist full of the vermiculite and squeeze it, if no more than a drop or two of water comes out then the moisture level should be okay. Do not turn the eggs as you move them from where they were laid to the container. Lay them in rows about an inch apart in all directions in shallow dents made with your thumb in the vermiculite. Put the lid on and place them in a dark place where the temperature is between 72-78 F. Moisture will form on the sides of the container and underside of the lid. It takes about 8 to 9 months for the eggs to hatch. It they are not fertile they will mold over in a couple of weeks
Thank you! Super helpful.

Welcome back! All of your chameleons are beautiful! I absolutely love their names 😍 Can’t wait to be seeing updates, especially about the eggs.

He was a veiled, actually if you go to my profile and look at my older posts He’ll be in there somewhere. I think the first post I ever made was about him and when I had gotten him first upgraded. That post definitely taught me a lot LOL 😂.

Here’s a picture of the big guy, he was abnormally large for a veiled imo, my other two boys are around the same size and haven’t grown any bigger, zeppelin was kinda a monster Cham.
View attachment 354684
My goodness he is beautiful! Thank you for sharing ❤️

Back
Top Bottom