does anyone know what’s going on?

lexicole

my chameleon has had a bump on his head for awhile and i was told by a couple vet assistants that it could be an infection so they recommended that i poke it with a needle to get the puss out. i got the correct needle, iodine (which is why it currently looks yellowish), and all that but there was no puss in the bump. it also seems to kind of be spreading to his eye which was another inclination that made them think it was an infection but now idk): can chameleons get cancer?? idk what’s going on. i wasn’t the one who got him but he was abandoned by his original owner and there was no one else that would take him, i love him so much tho & want to make sure he’s okay! i’m hoping this can be remedied without going to a vet because i’m sure it will be expensive but if that’s what needs to be done i will.

Attachments

• 4912B822-7037-47D3-A50A-AE5E16A2E3D8.jpeg
    4912B822-7037-47D3-A50A-AE5E16A2E3D8.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 25
  • B9195BAA-1041-4971-A899-C0C3E95D152C.jpeg
    B9195BAA-1041-4971-A899-C0C3E95D152C.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 30
Hey there welcome to the forum. I highly recommend taking this boy into a reptile vet for proper treatment. I am seeing massive signs of infection. Even with how he does not close his mouth lip to lip. looks like swelling all along that bottom jaw/lip line. The closed eye and swelling with extra skin around the eye is also not a good thing.

Hi and welcome. I’m afraid you’ll be needing a vet to diagnose and treat that and the sooner the better. The infection can spread throughout his body and he definitely needs antibiotics. Poking it will do nothing but cause more pain, and he already looks to be having pain from that. If you need help finding a good vet experienced with chameleons, just let us know your general location.

Hey there welcome to the forum. I highly recommend taking this boy into a reptile vet for proper treatment. I am seeing massive signs of infection. Even with how he does not close his mouth lip to lip. looks like swelling all along that bottom jaw/lip line. The closed eye and swelling with extra skin around the eye is also not a good thing.
thank you so much for the advice & info! i’ve been calling around to see what vets in the area accept chameleons. so even though there was no puss it could still be an infection?

Hi and welcome. I’m afraid you’ll be needing a vet to diagnose and treat that and the sooner the better. The infection can spread throughout his body and he definitely needs antibiotics. Poking it will do nothing but cause more pain, and he already looks to be having pain from that. If you need help finding a good vet experienced with chameleons, just let us know your general location.
thank you so much for the reply! i’m in bakersfield, california.

thank you so much for the advice & info! i’ve been calling around to see what vets in the area accept chameleons. so even though there was no puss it could still be an infection?
Absolutely everything I am seeing in your boy’s picture screams infection. So this would not be something you could deal with at home. Need a good reptile vet, treatment and antibiotics

Back
Top Bottom