Update on Luie’s Health Issues

Hope Luie feels better quickly! It would be great to see him with no issues slowing him down! Also, its a good sign that Sid is doing better so soon. Hope the Prednisone does the trick ;). Thanks for sharing the results. Hope to see some new Luie and Sid pics soon!!!! (shameless request! :rolleyes:;))

Sure happy for your boys Jann, sounds like things may be looking up for them and I'm so happy that Luie may have much less pain, I do love that Luie.... and knowing Sid didn't have a stroke has got to be good news......hope to see more pics of those boys soon.

Oh my goodness!!! That poor boy! With that much infection in that area it would make alot of sense that it would show pain and issues in the leg area! I'm so glad the dr found this and it sounds like he is on track and Luie can get back on track.

Glad to hear that he doesn't think that Sid had a stroke. Many times doctors can go forever not seeing a bad reaction from a medication... then suddenly one will have it. Glad to know that hopefully it was the meds and can get that reversed.

Hang tight Jann, you babies love you for all you do for them.

Jann,,, such good news to hear on both of them! Poor Luie, sounds like he's been getting backed up for awhile! He's got to feel better now!!! :)

And Sid not having a stroke, just a reaction to the medication, that's great!!!! I'm praying for them to continue recovering!!!!!!!

Jann, Glad both of your chams are doing better and that is great news about Luie. That is crazy about the sperm plugs. I guess just something else that can go wrong that we would never think about!!! Luie is quite the trooper! Bless his little heart!!

Thank you for the kind words everyone. Luie seems to be feeling a little better this morning. He's been sitting up in the window looking out all morning. I'm getting ready to take them all outside for awhile before I have to go to work. We're going to be 80 degrees here today. I though it might take a few days for the antibiotic to kick in but he is off the the pain meds now, all but the Medacam so he's not all doped up anymore. I am so pleased that Dr. Mader found something wrong with him so he could treat it. It's so hard to see them ill and not know what's causing it. Our vet visit last month he couldn't find anything wrong with Luie and guessed maybe a pinch nerve and gave him pain killers.

Sid is just doing awesome. He so enjoyed his trip to the Keys and all the attention he got from the girls at the vets. :)

Last edited:
Thank you all for your continued support with my boys.

Sid is doing very well. I'd say he's back to the same way he was before the injection. On a sad note Luie is about the same. The first couple days after our vet visit I thought he was showing some improvement because he was moving around and trying to walk a little. I'm not sure if this tad of improvement was due to the removal of the sperm plugs or from coming off the pain meds. I have an email into to vet to see if he has any other suggestions. I put him back on the pain meds this morning.

Last edited:
Poor Mr. Luie, he just can't get a break.... :( I'm praying for something encouraging from the vet!

Glad to hear Sid has recovered and back to his old self!!

Jann, thoughts, positive mojo and prayers continue to go your way for Your guys. Good to hear about Sid.

Poor Mr. Luie, he just can't get a break.... :( I'm praying for something encouraging from the vet!

Glad to hear Sid has recovered and back to his old self!!

Jann, thoughts, positive mojo and prayers continue to go your way for Your guys. Good to hear about Sid.

Thank you Lisa and Cammie but don't forget that Sid still has hardening of the arteries, high blood pressure and arthritis but he's not limp any more and up walking around with a catch net under him just incase he falls.

I'm so sorry that things aren't going as we all hoped! It must be tough on you with working and running a chameleon care centre! I will leap hoping and praying for you all.

Sorry to hear that Luie didn't respond to his sperm plug removal (poor guy!) but I am happy to hear that Sid is feeling a bit better and didn't have a stroke after all! I will keep your guys in my thoughts and hope the Vet can figure out a further course of treatment to help Luie feel better soon!

I am glad to hear that Sid is back to a better way , that is good news.....but poor Luie is hurting my heart, I feel so bad for him and you Jann, I have fallen in love with that boy and to think he is in pain again just hurts me dearly....prayers being send for you and Luie.

Dr. Madre put Luie on Prednisolone and I'm keeping him on the pain meds. So far he's not showing allot of improvement. I'm praying that tomorrow he will start to show more improvement. It's so hard for me to see this once beautiful and pround boy ill. It sadens me so to know that his days with me are numbered. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and concerns.

Jann, you and Luie are never out of thoughts and prayers and I will continue sending them your way....it hurt me just reading your last post, I know your hurting.....maybe Luie will start to feel better with this new med.

Aww Jann, I am so sorry to read that Louie is struggling to improve. I am sure I can speak for everyone when we say that we are following Louie's progress with both you and Louie in our prayers and in our hearts. Louie is such a great presence on the forums that he could qualify as a senior member himself; we all feel like we know him.

Stay strong and remember how lucky Louie is to have you and you are to have Louie :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom