Update on Luie’s Health Issues

Sorry to hear your cham is ill - we have a "special needs" cham, who has to be hand-fed every day...
The coloring of your Luie is fantastic though!

Any new answers?

just to let you know, Jann is out of the country on a trip to Madagascar with her family... she has reliable pet sitters looking after everyone. when she gets back im sure she'll give us an update on Luie!!!!! :)

Thank you everyone for your love and support. Luie is not doing to good. I have an appointment to take him back to Dr. Mader for a re-check on the 14th and he plans to do x-rays this time. I'll keep you posted.

Jann I know you will do all you can for Luie. He sure has a good mom and just being with you I'm sure brings him some comfort.

Oh Jann, I hate hearing this about Luie, my prayers and thoughts for you and Luie, there is no better cham mom than you and I know you will do everything possible for him, I'm so sorry.

I'm still down in Marathon with my husband, Luie, Sid and Jr. We were with Dr. Mader until after 6:30 yesterday evening. He's not sure about what's causing Luie to grab his front legs with his back. His X-rays looked good and the bone infection is healed. He took him off the antibiotic and we no longer have to do the chin flush. He said Luie could be having pain that's causing him to grab his legs like maybe a pinched nerve. He gave him a strong pain killer called Tramadol and he also wants me to keep him on the Metacam. His bloodwork will be back on Monday so maybe it will show something helpful.

Jr got another Adequan injection for his arthritis and he is doing well. He wants us to keep him on the Medacam and give him the injection every 2 to 4 months at home as needed.

On a very sad note Sid has hardening of the arteries, high blood pressure and arthritis. He said he COULD stroke out at any time. He got the Adequan injection like Jr. My husband, Mike got to give Sid's Injection so we will know how to give them at home and he put Sid on the Medacam.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are not getting as much positive feedback as I'm sure you would have liked :(

Have been keeping you and your babes in my thoughts xx

Jann I'm sorry that you guys are having to go through all this :( I'm still hopping praying and thinking about you all!

Thank you both. These little guys are just like people, dogs, cats and everything else, when they get old they start having medical problems. Allot of my guys are all getting old at the same time.:(

Jann, all of those medical concerns certainly aren't positive. But, on the other hand - your chams have lived long enough to get those old-age problems! Looks like you've got a little Chameleon Retirement Home on your hands now. Good luck with all of them and thanks for sharing your experiences and treatments.

Deb

Jann, Thanks for the update. You've got a lot of well wishes out there and we all love your chams! (and puppies :))

You are the best Chameleon mommy ever. Any animals in your care can truly live and be loved to it's fullest.

Jann, all of those medical concerns certainly aren't positive. But, on the other hand - your chams have lived long enough to get those old-age problems! Looks like you've got a little Chameleon Retirement Home on your hands now. Good luck with all of them and thanks for sharing your experiences and treatments.

Deb

Jann, Thanks for the update. You've got a lot of well wishes out there and we all love your chams! (and puppies :))

Thank you all so much.

Sorry to hear about all of Luie's aging problems...but aging does lead to health issues in many of them. All we can do is give them the best life we can while we have them...and I know you do that.

Back
Top Bottom