Update on Luie’s Health Issues

I'm sorry to hear that, Jann :( I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers every day. It's a very sad unfortunate thing that chameleons have such a short time on earth. But they go to a beautiful place when they leave us. Keep positive, we're all rooting for you guys!

Janb, you have got to be the most careing and thoughtfull pet owner i've ever met. Louie is the luckiest cham on earth, i just know you'll do the right thing by him whatever it is. Hopefully he'll get through this and lead a long and happy life. Stay positive, your doing everything possible for Louie.

Jann I know you have and are doing everything possible for Luie. I know your heart must be torn apart seeing Luie in the condition he is. I know you have and will do what is best for Luie... even if it means your heart will break. Please know my heart is with you as I continue to pray for him.

We are all here for you

I'm so sorry, I have been reading and hoping that Luie would bounce back a little, and I still hope he does. We all know that he couldn't be in better hands.

Oh Jann every time I see this post pop up I hope to hear some good news! And I still will!!! We are all pulling for Mr. Luie he is one amazing guy to us as well as you!!!
Were saying a special prayer for him tonight! I know it's easier for me to say but be strong, he'll get strength from you!!!!

Took a bit for me to reply to your last Luie update. So sad to read that you know your days with him are numbered. Of course, I am hoping for him to live to an even riper old age. As always, sending positive thoughts your way. Take care of yourself too, Jann.

Deb

Thank you all for your love and support for me and Luie. Dr. Mader put Luie on Prednisone and he's showing a tad of improvement but not much. I have been spending allot of quality time with him and treasuring every moment that I have with him. He is such a sweet boy and I love him dearly.

Jann, we are pulling for you and Luie! Hoping that he feels comfort and that you continue to see peeks of improvement!

Jann, you and Luie are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that Luie continues to show signs of gradule improvement.

Hi Jann, I'm glad to hear that Luie may be showing a tad of improvement. I will be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. It's going to be cold the next few nights down here so I know you will be keeping your guys warm.

Happy that Luie is showing some signs of improvement, I know how hard this must be on you...still in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so much everyone for all of the well wishes and prayers.

I'm in Marthon with Luie & Jr....just got to the hotel less than an hour ago. I spent over three hours at Dr. Mader's. He did more x-rays and bloodwork on Luie. He has hardening of the arteries, like Sid*and his kidneys looked enlarged since his last X-rays in Dec. He couldn't see anything pacific but thinks it's just everything tired and worn out from old age. He wants me to keep him on the Prednisone*and keep doing like I'm doing. He said he's in hospice and he doesn't think he suffering yet.

Jr has had three surgeries in the past eleven days. I'll update his thread also.

Sounds like you have your hands full of recovering chameleons lately! I am so sorry that Luie's prognosis couldn't be better but we all know you are doing everything - and more to help him. If only we could stop time....

Keeping Luie, Jr, yourself and all your chams in my thoughts.

Oh Jann, I'm so sorry for you and your boys, it doesn't sound good for Luie and I hate that, I sure will be putting that boy in my prayers tonight and for Jr. hoping all goes good with his last surgery..I know this is hard and stressful on you, but you're the best cham mom ever and I know you know how to deal with this and you will do whatever is best for your boys...thoughts and prayers for you Jann......I just love Luie and this really hurts me knowing he is in this stage of life, God bless his little heart.

Back
Top Bottom