This is Why I Hate FedEX

Wykd

Established Member
I have been tracking a package with FE that was supposed to been here tues. Its at the local place and has been out for delivery on the truck since tuesday.

Tuesday @ 5pm i get an e-mail from fedex that they could not make the delivery due to weather, so they did not attempt delivery. Interesting since the FE hub is 10 minutes from my house and we had 95 degrees all day except for a rain shower @ lunch. OK I bite and snicker to myself typical FE

Wednesday same thing rinse and repeat, but no rain at all yesterday and temp only in 80's . But weather issues so no attempt to deliver was the e-mail I got.

Well its now thursday and needed the parcel by yesterday but thats typical FE and the UPS guy has dropped off yesterday and today. Still no FedEx dude.

This is why i specifically ask to NOT ship via FedEx when i have deliveries coming in. :mad:

I have been tracking a package with FE that was supposed to been here tues. Its at the local place and has been out for delivery on the truck since tuesday.

Tuesday @ 5pm i get an e-mail from fedex that they could not make the delivery due to weather, so they did not attempt delivery. Interesting since the FE hub is 10 minutes from my house and we had 95 degrees all day except for a rain shower @ lunch. OK I bite and snicker to myself typical FE

Wednesday same thing rinse and repeat, but no rain at all yesterday and temp only in 80's . But weather issues so no attempt to deliver was the e-mail I got.

Well its now thursday and needed the parcel by yesterday but thats typical FE and the UPS guy has dropped off yesterday and today. Still no FedEx dude.

This is why i specifically ask to NOT ship via FedEx when i have deliveries coming in. :mad:
Have everything delivered and held at the hub. The only thing I know of they won't hold id live animals. if you ship one of those and have it held at the hub, they get very testy. i did it not knowing I couldn't , I felt sorry for Jon when he got there. But if that is the only address they have, well it is there so they are stuck.

Mine was shipped by Fed Ex to the hub and they were fine about it, their eyes lit up when I turned up and handed over the tracking number 'Oh the reptile!'. But I was there first thing in the morning, might have been different if it had been hanging around a while maybe.

The "weather" in a truck might well be hotter than 80. They may have very conservative embargos on delivering live animals in summer. Hard to say without asking them.

so just saying i clicked on this to post and a fedex ad popped up go figure. i hate fedex as well as well as normal mail.

were you expecting a cham. if so that is terrible. i would go in and complain. i told the post office i was gonna sue them so they gave me the money i paid for my package and shipping and everything.
i ordered silkworms and put a hold on it to stay at the post office and so did the company sending it and i even called and reminded them just to make sure it didnt get delivered. and low and behold when i got home from work sitting in my unconditioned hallway in 100deg weather it was sitting there. with a big green sticker on it saying do not deliver. pick up at hub........needless to say if i sued for my money back i would have won. so they just gave me what they owed

oh no it was nothing cham related was some computer stuff. I could see the non delivery due to temperatures, but 80-90 degrees? Really.

The fedex guy dropped the parts off this evening at 7:32pm. /shrug like i said Fedex sux! The UPS dude has been here twice this week.

Since its about fed ex here it is I've had atleast 4 chams held for pickuo at the san Diego fed ex the first 3 it was perfect the guy there was always taking pics of my chams ,the fourth time he tells me I can no longer have them held for pickup because an African -American girl is scared if snakes and she went out of her way to find paperwork saying they cannot hold live animals ,when she seen it was a harmless lizard she was ok with it ,well too late she only was scared of snakes but because of the commotion she made no more pick ups .and in no way do I say African am in a racial way I said it because she was yelling and made a big thing out of nothing. I had to tell someone about this situation so I'm telling my chameleon family.

Since its about fed ex here it is I've had atleast 4 chams held for pickuo at the san Diego fed ex the first 3 it was perfect the guy there was always taking pics of my chams ,the fourth time he tells me I can no longer have them held for pickup because an African -American girl is scared if snakes and she went out of her way to find paperwork saying they cannot hold live animals ,when she seen it was a harmless lizard she was ok with it ,well too late she only was scared of snakes but because of the commotion she made no more pick ups .and in no way do I say African am in a racial way I said it because she was yelling and made a big thing out of nothing. I had to tell someone about this situation so I'm telling my chameleon family.

Have any other fed ex hubs near you? Might be worth a few minutes drive.

Wykd, was it a chameleon or feeders or supplies? I think there's a big difference.

I think most of the responses have assumed it was a chameleon...

I would always ask to have a chameleon held for pick up.

IBdragons, I do not think that Fed Ex clerk has a leg to stand on. Fed Ex accepts reptiles for shipment and they allow you to have them shipped to the Site and held. If they have an employee who is incapable of dealing with something they accept for shipment, it is their responsibility to schedule her for work that will not involve such things. I worked at a photo lab for decades and once we had a finishing person (mounting on boards, texturing, spraying with glossy or matte finishes) who was paralyzed by the sight of snakes. It became a company rule that any order with pictures of snakes had a be labeled SNAKES and she was exempt from dealing with those orders. It is the COMPANY'S responsibility, not yours.

Back
Top Bottom