My New Cham "Chance".. One hell of a Homewward Bound trip.

JonRich

My New Cham "Chance".. One hell of a Homeward Bound trip.

Well where do i start..

I was in the market for a new Cham recently since things are going soo well with the Veiled Cham named "Kamo" that i adopted. Lets just say I AM HOOKED!!

WILL POWER!!:rolleyes:

Spoke with Liddy @ Kammer's and held out a month for a male from a not yet ready clutch from their "Son Tiger" Ambilobes Panther stud. This was a gift for my wife and since the hatch date was Sept 6th and thats her Bday aslo, that made it even more special.;)

A lot of waiting went on ,what seemed longer lol. Then ship day came. I checked and double checked the weather and all was GOOD!! guess i didnt check the weather in Memphis TN. There was a storm there that held up the plant out of Cali.

Long story short after making calls, e-mails and walking the streets in a madd search for FedEx trucks i got the little guy at almost 4pm. He was scheduled for 10:30am delivery. :(

But he is here, safe & sound and doing great.. And pix for your viewing pleasure.:D . He is soo small and has tons of personality.

I took a few quick flicks then let him warm up, relax and settle in. This morning i offered some small bug burger loaded crix and he went straight for them . Cup feeding FTW!!.... My biggest fear was getting him to eat. :D

Attachments

• Chance in cup.jpg
    Chance in cup.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 709
  • Chance4.jpg
    Chance4.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 699
  • Chance3.jpg
    Chance3.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 693
  • Chance branch.jpg
    Chance branch.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 627
Looks like he is happy to be in his new home after all his travel! Is your daughter enjoying him as much as she does the Veiled??

BTW don't excuse you cockatoo screaming.... that bird can dance!!! :D

Looks like he is happy to be in his new home after all his travel! Is your daughter enjoying him as much as she does the Veiled??

BTW don't excuse you cockatoo screaming.... that bird can dance!!! :D

Well because of how small he is i will limit my kids being around to bother him. I will be moving his tank to my room for some time. But they are both veryy curious of him and my 3 year old Ari thinks he is "Uber Cute". I have no idea where she got "Uber" from. lol

As for the Cockatoo, she made me her Mate and now screams when i leave the room. She has also recently became deffensive and attacks people that are too close to me. It's kinda cute. But i don't want my wife or kids to get hurt.

Now that's a handsome little "man" !!!!

I also got a baby from Ed and Liddy back towards the end of September. I had almost a 2 month wait on him to be ready to ship. Since you already own a chameleon, I'm sure that I don't need to tell you that these little fella's transform in color almost overnight. I started a thread with weekly updates of photo's of ours...........and it is pretty cool to go back and see how they change with every shed.

Enjoy your journey...........and congratulations on the new addition.

Now that's a handsome little "man" !!!!

I also got a baby from Ed and Liddy back towards the end of September. I had almost a 2 month wait on him to be ready to ship. Since you already own a chameleon, I'm sure that I don't need to tell you that these little fella's transform in color almost overnight. I started a thread with weekly updates of photo's of ours...........and it is pretty cool to go back and see how they change with every shed.

Enjoy your journey...........and congratulations on the new addition.

Well when i got my male Veiled he was almost adult age. And compared to Panther's, Veileds don't show as much color range outside of yello,black and green.

So this is all exciting for me to see the transformation. I will most deff be keeping weekly photo updates to look back on later.:D

My limit is 3 Chams, and i am pretty sure i will fill that quota soon. Chameleon- it's one hell ova drug!

Chameleon- it's one hell ova drug!

You........GOT that right !!!!!

I'm gonna wait a while for another one, at least until I feel more comfortable with my "keeping skills". But..........come spring-time.........I'll have decided on something that really strikes my fancy.

Don't forget to do the photo's........you'll thank ME later..........and by the way, excellent photo's........especially for indoors. :)

Congratulations!
This gives me one more reason NOT to deal with Fed ex. I always have problems with them:mad:

So glad the story had a happy ending with a very handsome man in a very nice cage with a Proud new Pappa finally able to relax:)

Enjoy him and the holiday :D

You........GOT that right !!!!!

I'm gonna wait a while for another one, at least until I feel more comfortable with my "keeping skills". But..........come spring-time.........I'll have decided on something that really strikes my fancy.

Don't forget to do the photo's........you'll thank ME later..........and by the way, excellent photo's........especially for indoors. :)

So many nice Chams out there. Hard to choose. I'm torn between Nosy Be, Ambanja or a Nosy Faly for my next and final Cham.

I just checked out your thread. Wow @ how fast they change. I can't waitttt!!

And the pix were taken by my wife with her new Iphone 4S, she swears it's the best thing in the world. lol

Does take good pix tho.:)

I dont know if your aware of this but chams main predators in the wild are birds. Make sure your chams and their enclosures are out of site of that cockatoo. A bird within view can stress the hell out of a cham and make them not eat, hide, etc.... Just wanted to fill you in, just in case. Congrats on the new addition.....

Congratulations!
This gives me one more reason NOT to deal with Fed ex. I always have problems with them:mad:

So glad the story had a happy ending with a very handsome man in a very nice cage with a Proud new Pappa finally able to relax:)

Enjoy him and the holiday :D

I went out walking around the streets . I saw 2 different UPS trucks and NOT ONE FedEx...

I live in NYC , Literally 5 blocks from the FedEx Depot. If i have ANYTHING shipped FedEx it will be " for pick up at Depot" Only!!..

The FedEx site stated he was out for delivery at 9:37am . He was delivered at 4:00pm!!:mad: 6 and a half hours to go 5 blocks?????:confused:

PS: Thanks for the holiday wishes. Likewise to you and your family.

I dont know if your aware of this but chams main predators in the wild are birds. Make sure your chams and their enclosures are out of site of that cockatoo. A bird within view can stress the hell out of a cham and make them not eat, hide, etc.... Just wanted to fill you in, just in case. Congrats on the new addition.....

Thanks for your concern. I'm well aware of it. Jane (The Cockatoo) is kept in another room. And thank god for Chams not having ears, lol.

Quick question on feeding..

He is currently feeding on 1/4" crix. But i do have some less than a week old B.Dubias avaliable and some 3/4" superworms..

Can i also offer the supers and Dubias?

Congratulations! He is very handsome. I can't wait to get a Panther of my own. I have my Veiled currently in an Exo Terra. I noticed your temp and humidity gauge. I wanted to give you a tip. I would go get the digital temp/humidity gauge ASAP. Mine were reading at around 60-70% and 80 degrees. I didn't realize until after I bought the nicer ones two days later that it was almost 105 degrees in there. Don't trust those things. I can't believe they even put them on the market. The thermometer was the worst! It seems like the highest it goes is 82 degrees. I just wanted to let you know so something doesn't happen to your little man. It freaked me out big time. Your family will really enjoy your new addition. :)

I would offer the dubias.. the worms idk.. may be too long

Judging from the larger (almost 1/2") cricket in the 1/4" batch i had that he ate without issue. I'm pretty sure the supers will go down just fine. lol

I just didn't know if younger Chams had a greater impaction risk or not.

Back
Top Bottom