My New Cham "Chance".. One hell of a Homewward Bound trip.

That guy just gets better looking every time I see him! I think your enclosure looks great!

Thanks a lot! i still would like to make use of the space and get a taller plant in there. But i feel the Pothols will eventually take over the cage. Lighting towards the bottom of the cage already seems to be an issue.

Damn son! That boy is literally on fiyaaa!!!

Yea. I have been mapping out the project all day. Expences, feeders,gutloading,incubating,which female to breed him to first, bins, extra mistking, cages, lighting, etc....$hit adds up.

My biggest issue will be the retained clutch. I'd like the clutches to be at least 3 months apart for my own cumfort level.. But with a female able to lay a retained clutch a month later has the possibility of having up to 80 babies at a given time.:eek:

In regards to this, have you seen chamNations post about feeding/temps/clutch sizes?

I know it isnt exact science, but they have the ability to do large scale "studies". So its somewhat valuable info. Maybe you could start off with attempting to get them to lay smaller clutches to start with, then once its going well, raise temps slightly and feed more? Just a thought:p

Damn son! That boy is literally on fiyaaa!!!

In regards to this, have you seen chamNations post about feeding/temps/clutch sizes?

I know it isnt exact science, but they have the ability to do large scale "studies". So its somewhat valuable info. Maybe you could start off with attempting to get them to lay smaller clutches to start with, then once its going well, raise temps slightly and feed more? Just a thought:p

Link......

Thank you sir. Im looking for quality over quantity. So i'd like less eggs/hatchlings to deal with at any one time and raise some very healthy Chams.

I think when you have a 40+ clutch and most if not all hatch, you'd loose that attention to detail.

Of the smaller clutches about 95% survived. Only 60-75% survived out of the larger clutches.

Smaller clutches produce larger eggs. Babies hatch out bigger and healthier.

I like the sound of this

Well Chance had been having a hard time with the past 2 sheds. So with this most recent shed i placed him into the ExoTerra to help keep him at a higher , more constant humidity level. Well his sleeping choices are funny!

Here he is hanging from the dripper line, it damn near popped off the dripper container under the weight of his 126g frame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh39V9B_maQ

Haha, I noticed my guy wasn't shedding as fast his last shed and since I'm concerned since he's fully free ranged yeah I do mean he's taken over the house but mostly sticks to his free range, anyways back to the point I put him in the shower and he shed completely the next day

Haha, I noticed my guy wasn't shedding as fast his last shed and since I'm concerned since he's fully free ranged yeah I do mean he's taken over the house but mostly sticks to his free range, anyways back to the point I put him in the shower and he shed completely the next day

Yea , thats what i've been doing now along with some time in the ExoTerra.

I didn't notice it b4, but he had lost 2-3 nails on his back feet from a bad shed that formed a tourniquet and poor blood circulation and caused him to loose the nail/s.

I am trying to avoid this at all cost now. So 5 minute showers and ExoTerra for the day or 2 while he sheds.

I'm also considering wrapping 2 walls of his larger cage with coco fiber sheets to help keep some humidity in.

Man, he is SO pretty. You really do need to send me one of his babies when the time finally comes. I am not usually a fan of most Ambilobes but he is to die for.

Man, he is SO pretty. You really do need to send me one of his babies when the time finally comes. I am not usually a fan of most Ambilobes but he is to die for.

Thanks Olimpia.. And you are on the list! Just need to have my females put on some size and mature and it's game time.

+1

He is SMOKIN bro, it'll be hard for me to resist buying one of his kids..

Thanks Dan. :D

chance.jpg

chanceandari.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom