My New Cham "Chance".. One hell of a Homewward Bound trip.

ABSOLUTALLY a work of art,,, LOVE IT!!!!:)

Thank you.. Lets just say he will be getting more sun from now on.

chancewtfclose.png

J, omg!!
The colors on Chance have exploded!!
Did you send this pic to Ed? They so need to see it, and put it on their site :)
Bravo my friend, you have done an exceptional job with him. Not just with his coloring, but his overall health just screams amazing care.
Thank you for pm'img me with this. I might have missed it
anne

Looking great cant wait for it to warm up here for my guy!!
Thanks, i have never been soo excited for summer before, lmaoo!!

Man Jon he is just SO amazing that he looks photoshopped :eek: You have don't an amazing job with him for sure!!

He did look photoshopped !! lmaoo.. Good thing i took this ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxORuwvVCh4

J, omg!!
The colors on Chance have exploded!!
Did you send this pic to Ed? They so need to see it, and put it on their site :)
Bravo my friend, you have done an exceptional job with him. Not just with his coloring, but his overall health just screams amazing care.
Thank you for pm'img me with this. I might have missed it
anne

Thanks. Yea i posted it on their FB.. Chance is by far the most spoiled Cham! For god sakes i wake up early to take him tanning before work. lol!

WOW! He is a fireball! A fireball with slight greens... and whites lol. He looks so fake just because how great he looks but I know he's not. And he looks super healthy, you got a great cham.

WOW! He is a fireball! A fireball with slight greens... and whites lol. He looks so fake just because how great he looks but I know he's not. And he looks super healthy, you got a great cham.
Thanks A lot. He is a really healthy, really robust Cham. I gutload his feeders separate from my other Chams. I have been trying different things with him and i want to try to keep things controled. I just got a few Hornworms for him to snack on, then back to a steady supply of loaded Dubias.

WHOA! That's one red chameleon. He's spectacular.

Thanks Trace..

Chance had a little trip to my Daughter's school for a "show n tell" Diversity Day. He is perfect for this. Do doesn't mind being handled and will eagerly hand-feed in front of crowds.

This is him relaxing back home after the "show"
chancenewcage.jpg

chancenewcage2.jpg

Im also trying to convince my mother to let me build a screened cage around this Maple in her yard in Brooklyn. lol:rolleyes:

Summer Free-Range!! Get some Hibiscus, Schefflera or Ficus planted around the base and cage the whole thing.:D
summertree.jpg

Finally got around to redoing the large cage for Chance since the Hibiscus that was in there was dead.

Went alll over trying to get a nice sized plant for his cage 3' x 3' x 5'... NOTHINGGGG!!!

Ended up getting a nice "small" Schefflera for my ExoTerra that ended up being too big, so i put it in Chance's cage with a Pothols. Came out ok. But i'm still looking for a taller plant to replace the dead Hibiscus.

HomeDepot had a deal where you buy a pot and they will re-pot the plant for free. The guy that helped me was really cool. Told him the plant was for a Chameleon and that blew his mind. He asked me a tonnn of questions after. He ended up potting the plant with Organic soil for no extra charge. Score!!:rolleyes:

This is how it turned out. Not really what i want , but it will work for now.
Rednewcage.jpg

Rednewcage2.jpg

His first night in the cage.. Tail curled up and eyes closed . It was 15 minutes b4 lights out. Guess he was tired, but looked greattt!!
RedSleeping.jpg

redsleep.jpg

New cage looking good just let that grow for a couple months and you'll have one like mine ;)
And he's looking crazy good man!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333475997.085846.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333475997.085846.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 195
Thanks.

And thats what i was thinking . Having the Pothols grow in and fill in the blanks. He seems to like the cover and i catch him roaming in and out the thicket sections of the Pothols.

you should change his name to blaze, wow!

he's stunning man, really great job with him.

Thanks Dan, he is doing great, just got him 2 ladies so the "fun" will start soon, lol.. I was meaning to text you yesterday. I see you are selling your Nosy Be!...Went in heavy with the Cresteds huh? lol

Thanks Dan, he is doing great, just got him 2 ladies so the "fun" will start soon, lol.. I was meaning to text you yesterday. I see you are selling your Nosy Be!...Went in heavy with the Cresteds huh? lol

i did man, i went crazy and have close to 20 now with some very gravid females :eek:

it hurts to let him go, but he'll be getting a good home. good luck with breeding him, he'll have some KILLER kids.

i did man, i went crazy and have close to 20 now with some very gravid females :eek:

it hurts to let him go, but he'll be getting a good home. good luck with breeding him, he'll have some KILLER kids.

Yea. I have been mapping out the project all day. Expences, feeders,gutloading,incubating,which female to breed him to first, bins, extra mistking, cages, lighting, etc....$hit adds up.

My biggest issue will be the retained clutch. I'd like the clutches to be at least 3 months apart for my own cumfort level.. But with a female able to lay a retained clutch a month later has the possibility of having up to 80 babies at a given time.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom