T. montium hatching

And the second. Waiting to get moved into place and set up(supposed to have been today). Getting ready to start on the third. They're smaller. Six per rack.

Cash,

What is that cage brand? Dragonstrand? Also, what brand feeder cup is that?

Cash,

What is that cage brand? Dragonstrand? Also, what brand feeder cup is that?

I built the cages and feeder cups from scratch. They were inspired by the creativity of various members on this forum and then taken in the direction I wanted to go with them. Thanks to all who helped inspire and to you, ChameleonNinja, for the huge compliment of thinking they're Dragonstrand. Good luck with the bifidus eggs!

Montium update: All 10 are still going strong and growing(knock on wood with fingers crossed). I'm fairly certain I can tell which are going to be males and females already, which is a lot sooner than I expected.

I built the cages and feeder cups from scratch. They were inspired by the creativity of various members on this forum and then taken in the direction I wanted to go with them. Thanks to all who helped inspire and to you, ChameleonNinja, for the huge compliment of thinking they're Dragonstrand. Good luck with the bifidus eggs!

Montium update: All 10 are still going strong and growing(knock on wood with fingers crossed). I'm fairly certain I can tell which are going to be males and females already, which is a lot sooner than I expected.

Ha. No problem. They are the cages I have been looking for, which apparently only exist with you. Hahaha. Dragonstrand cages are beautiful but out of my price range for the amount I want. Thanks for the luck on my eggs. I am terrified to say the least. Good luck with the montium, they are my favorite species, I plan to get quite a large group at the end of this year when they become available again.

Thank you, too, Frank. If all goes well and I get some extra unrelated pairs, I'll let you know(and you as well rshewfel, I haven't forgot). Would love to see them go to good homes, obviously. With some luck and fingers crossed.

Thank you! I would definitely work with CB. I'm sure you will do well with the babies.

Update on the montium project:

All 10 hatchlings have been growing steady and doing well so far with an even split. 5 males, 5 females. The 2nd unrelated clutch of 7 started hatching Jun. 25th. All hatched and are doing as well as the first. Knock on wood. The mother of this clutch is in the pairing photos earlier in this thread and she just laid a clutch of 10 eggs from this mating, which will be the first CBB of this project if all goes well. Then, out of nowhere, the female that laid the first clutch, who came in on death's doorstep, with one smaller sunken eye and missing half of her right front foot, laid a second retained clutch of 7 eggs. Unfortunately, being unexpected, it caught me off guard and she laid them in a dry portion of her cage and they desiccated quite a bit before I found them. I've got them rehydrated but most look bad. Hoping a couple pull through at least. Fingers crossed. And I must say once again, she's one VERY tough girl.

Update on the montium project:

All 10 hatchlings have been growing steady and doing well so far with an even split. 5 males, 5 females. The 2nd unrelated clutch of 7 started hatching Jun. 25th. All hatched and are doing as well as the first. Knock on wood. The mother of this clutch is in the pairing photos earlier in this thread and she just laid a clutch of 10 eggs from this mating, which will be the first CBB of this project if all goes well. Then, out of nowhere, the female that laid the first clutch, who came in on death's doorstep, with one smaller sunken eye and missing half of her right front foot, laid a second retained clutch of 7 eggs. Unfortunately, being unexpected, it caught me off guard and she laid them in a dry portion of her cage and they desiccated quite a bit before I found them. I've got them rehydrated but most look bad. Hoping a couple pull through at least. Fingers crossed. And I must say once again, she's one VERY tough girl.

Great news about your baby Trioceros montiums! Post pictures!!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Great news about your baby Trioceros montiums! Post pictures!!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Thanks Jeremy. Between family, work and chameleons, I haven't had time to do much else. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the last batch of enclosures I've been working on for what seems like an eternity. Almost done though and I hope that will free up enough spare time to breathe and get some pics at least. Hope all your charges are doing well.

Thanks Jeremy. Between family, work and chameleons, I haven't had time to do much else. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the last batch of enclosures I've been working on for what seems like an eternity. Almost done though and I hope that will free up enough spare time to breathe and get some pics at least. Hope all your charges are doing well.

Whenever is okay. What are you talking about charges? I do not have any charges.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Whenever is okay. What are you talking about charges? I do not have any charges.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Charge(s):
d. One that is entrusted to another's care or management: the baby sitter's three young charges.

If you're responsible for taking care of another being you do. We all do. ;)

Charge(s):
d. One that is entrusted to another's care or management: the baby sitter's three young charges.

If you're responsible for taking care of another being you do. We all do. ;)

:D LOL We're all good here. I am University graduate and I am learning everyday. I am looking to complete a couple of pairs and possibly some more clutches this summer. Other than that I am just raising Trudy my female Calumma parsonii parsonii to breeding size to start mating with Rhinos.

Good luck with your Trioceros montiums.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

The first of my clutch of montium eggs began to hatch today. These are CH from a WC female imported back in Dec. I didn't think the female was even going to survive to laying when she came in. Got her back in enough shape to lay the eggs and thought for sure she was done for after that. She kept trying as hard as I did and after a looooong road to recovery, which she's still on, she is still with me. Tough girl. Two have hatched and one pipped so far out of the clutch of 10. The two so far seem to be showing good vigor but I know to not get my hopes up too soon on neonates whose gestation occurred during importation. Fingers crossed.

As if this isn't enough excitement for one day, I have a second unrelated retained clutch of 7 that is about a month behind this one whose Dam mated with my unrelated male today. And all this in the middle of a 36 cage build. It's a welcome distraction, but Geez. All or nothing I guess.Do you have a spare?
Wendell

It's only letting me attach one picture so more will follow.
Gary- I am looking for a young T. montium female for a mate for my young male.

Gary- I am looking for a young T. montium female for a mate for my young male.

Working on it. All I have now I'm keeping for my breeding group. If I'm lucky enough to get some f2 I'll let you know. Where did you come across your male if you don't mind me asking?

Working on it. All I have now I'm keeping for my breeding group. If I'm lucky enough to get some f2 I'll let you know. Where did you come across your male if you don't mind me asking?
I bought a pair of imports last summer. They were tiny. Male died in about a week. The female laid 6 eggs and died. They eggs were really small. Two hatched. one neonate survived. I worked hard to keep him alive, but he survived. If I cant find a female, I should sell him to a breeder. I have raised sailfins before, they were about the size of quads. This sailfin seems smaller than I expected. Keep me posted.

Back
Top Bottom