Someone explain this to me please

I agree... Most will not adjust anything especially in the beginning. They stay to the line and just go with what they think is correct. I have played with everything since I started. Everything I have now fully customized the more I have learned. From misting to lighting and this includes staggering my T5's and reduced basking time. But when I first started I had no clue.

I also think a lot of how someone interprets the info is based on where they live. I have lived in the south where you wanna die after it rains and the sun comes out because the humidity is insane but I have lived most of my life in AZ. Where monsoons bring drastic temp drops and we still barely get humidity when the sun comes back out.

It is starting to annoy me... Because now I can not find the 67-68 concept that I now teach. I have been searching. I am starting to wonder if it was something that was posted in Bill's Facebook group back in the day. I really am not sure. I am also wondering if this was more of a rule of thumb... Trying to express that a drop in temp is required when fogging rather then an actual "safe" level. But then again if husbandry is done right a drop in temp is already in place far below that 68 idea. Right?
Glad I could annoy you 😊

I agree... Most will not adjust anything especially in the beginning. They stay to the line and just go with what they think is correct. I have played with everything since I started. Everything I have now fully customized the more I have learned. From misting to lighting and this includes staggering my T5's and reduced basking time. But when I first started I had no clue.

I also think a lot of how someone interprets the info is based on where they live. I have lived in the south where you wanna die after it rains and the sun comes out because the humidity is insane but I have lived most of my life in AZ. Where monsoons bring drastic temp drops and we still barely get humidity when the sun comes back out.

It is starting to annoy me... Because now I can not find the 67-68 concept that I now teach. I have been searching. I am starting to wonder if it was something that was posted in Bill's Facebook group back in the day. I really am not sure. I am also wondering if this was more of a rule of thumb... Trying to express that a drop in temp is required when fogging rather then an actual "safe" level. But then again if husbandry is done right a drop in temp is already in place far below that 68 idea. Right?
I found it. It's in Petr's paper on fogging. He mentions never above 20 C, and discusses this in relation to RI and possibly inhibiting bacterial growth at lower temps

https://www.archaius.eu/archaius-1-4-2020/

Back
Top Bottom