Some thoughts on fog/mist/rain + observations from Madagascar. Fog droplet size and fog dynamics

I figure that the sitting in the dishes was their attempt to find a place to hibernate/brumate…I'm not sure why they drank out of the dishes other than they were taking advantage of available resources in a nit so natural environment. All but one of them was with me for 5 years or so…and all were WC and adult when I got them. I was surprised they lived so long under the circumstances. The females all produced eggs the first year they were with me and some more eggs (but fewer in total) the second year. Most of the hatchlings also lived for 4 or 5 years with me. Some of the second years’ hatchlings were weaker…maybe due to my less than perfect husbandry back then…or maybe not?

I figure that the sitting in the dishes was their attempt to find a place to hibernate/brumate…I'm not sure why they drank out of the dishes other than they were taking advantage of available resources in a nit so natural environment. All but one of them was with me for 5 years or so…and all were WC and adult when I got them. I was surprised they lived so long under the circumstances. The females all produced eggs the first year they were with me and some more eggs (but fewer in total) the second year. Most of the hatchlings also lived for 4 or 5 years with me. Some of the second years’ hatchlings were weaker…maybe due to my less than perfect husbandry back then…or maybe not?
Anyway great effort
Usually they die within one year or so. So that was a great succes back then! Yes thez brumate 1-2months, rhey dig themaelves in shallow holes in debris and under leaves

I wanted to be able to hibernate/brumate them properly back then but I couldn’t find a way to do it in my house safely. I’m reasonably sure I didn’t get eggs the third season because I couldn’t cool them for the winter months at that time.

Back
Top Bottom