Not sure - eyes

Hey I am going through this exact issue right now in south Florida. His first dose was yesterday morning and I’ve been watching him like a hawk since then. I turned up the heat to around 87-90 like you suggested, I’ve lowered daytime humidity by keeping the curtains closed and a small fan keeping the room circulated (on low).

Today his head is up more than usual. I know he’s only had one dose, but he hasn’t had his nose in the air until today. Honestly can’t wait to give him his next dose.

What other changes did you make? The steam showers seem counterintuitive since warm humidity was the problem in the first place right, or am I missing something?

I’m in manic anxiety mode currently and I need some reprieve. Tell me all the secrets please.

Hey I am going through this exact issue right now in south Florida. His first dose was yesterday morning and I’ve been watching him like a hawk since then. I turned up the heat to around 87-90 like you suggested, I’ve lowered daytime humidity by keeping the curtains closed and a small fan keeping the room circulated (on low).

Today his head is up more than usual. I know he’s only had one dose, but he hasn’t had his nose in the air until today. Honestly can’t wait to give him his next dose.

What other changes did you make? The steam showers seem counterintuitive since warm humidity was the problem in the first place right, or am I missing something?

I’m in manic anxiety mode currently and I need some reprieve. Tell me all the secrets please.
Steam showers are a no go! This is old information that is no longer accepted in current husbandry.

Additionally to what Gloriawood said. 87-90 Is very hot for them. You may see additional gaping with a hotter temp. I would suggest starting your own thread if you have not done so already.

Last edited:

hey sorry about the delayed response as I know each day is important on getting their health better.

As far as the fan I would only put that on for a little while at a time like maybe 30 mins to an hour so the ambient temp is correct.

As far as the steam showers I stopped doing that and just got him out, gave him the shot, and put him back in, if I wanted him in warm humidity I would just mist in the cage. Still do. Just find something he is willing to eat and make sure to put the calcium.

Took a couple of weeks for him to start getting better.

I use 100watt bulb with a slanted branch for heat regulation.

No sitting water and no dripper. Use clean water .

What are his exact symptoms and when did you first notice it

And also my ac is always on 68 so I need the 100watt. Get a thermal temp gun . Make sure your uv and everything is correct and it’ll work out

Additionally to what Gloriawood said. 87-90 Is very hot for them. You may see additional gaping with a hotter temp. I would suggest starting your own thread if you have not done so already.
My veiled keeps 82-87 basking spot-

I make sure the bugs are all gutloaded with carrots and collard greens and I sprinkle bug burger on all vegetables.

Important to keep on good food sources too.
IMG_3874.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom