Shedding

How often should a female vailed cham shed. About a month ago she started to shed in 2 spots and that was it. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I keep my room where she stays at low to mid 70's and I also have a humidifier in my room, humidity is at 50 in the whole room and in her enclosure it goes up when I mist.

It really depends on how old your chameleon is. If it is a baby, on average they shed about every 2 weeks or so. Juveniles about every month. There is no set schedule really and some shed more than others, especially if they are in the growing state. Adults do not shed too often, atleast not full body sheds. When they are fully matured they tend more to shed in parts, like feet, tail, etc. I don't keep females so I cannot comment if females shed less or more than males. Maybe someone who has females can elaborate on that.

hey! I also have a one year old veiled. sorry i don't really have advice for this cause mine hasn't shed yet since i got him( 4 days ago) i just thought that was really cool

Back
Top Bottom