Sansi Grow Lights are on sale for Amazon Prime Day

That is an extremely over priced bulb lol. Look for spectralux 901621 or ge F24WT5/865/ECO. If buying multiples, I'd google though as they can be had for less with shipping then Amazon will charge.
That is a big difference. Thanks. I thought being 6500k I could use this instead of the other and it would give the plants the right kind of light. Maybe I'm better off with the other grow light. Unfortunately I ordered 2 last night and it looks like I can't cancel the order. I guess I'll be testing these out.
Screenshot_20190716-063803_Gallery.jpg

That is a big difference. Thanks. I thought being 6500k I could use this instead of the other and it would give the plants the right kind of light. Maybe I'm better off with the other grow light. Unfortunately I ordered 2 last night and it looks like I can't cancel the order. I guess I'll be testing these out.
View attachment 239652

It's not that they are bad, just over priced lol. Pretty comparable "bulb hue" to the spectralux from what I've previously experienced with them so I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't a rebadge of the same bulb. To give you an idea of them (sorry kind of crappy pic from years ago), this was one 4ft sunblaster fixture/ bulb combo over my feeder/ plant grow out 55 gal placed as close to center as the glass tops allowed for.
Screenshot_2019-07-16-08-50-18.png

View attachment 239652

Also, if we're talking about the hibiscus, t5ho will struggle with them even running 8 tube fixtures. They just don't have the "oomph" to creat the par hibiscus need where as we can get there with led. I'll try to explain more in a bit but have a read through these in the mean time.

https://growershouse.com/blog/best-...son-test-and-reviewof-4-x-8-bulb-grow-lights/

https://www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/ho/ho-238-w.pdf

Also, if we're talking about the hibiscus, t5ho will struggle with them even running 8 tube fixtures. They just don't have the "oomph" to creat the par hibiscus need where as we can get there with led. I'll try to explain more in a bit but have a read through these in the mean time.

https://growershouse.com/blog/best-...son-test-and-reviewof-4-x-8-bulb-grow-lights/

Can confirm, i have 3 hibiscus, 1 in the cage and 2 outside, i have to rotate every 3-4 months or they drop leaves. That is with a double T5HO and 75 watt halogen. Im not part of the LED master race (yet), but yea, "more" T5's doesnt sound like a good plan. Though a quad with individual reflectors would increase my output by 250-300%.

I agree, my hibiscus did badly under the plant grow 6500k t5s that come with Arcadia. The jungle Dawn's did very well, but that's the only LED that I've used for plants(I've used one for my nano reef though). I honestly for the 6500k t5 bulbs to be a little weak. Not many plants did that well under them and often got attacked by aphids. Plus they're pretty dim compared to LEDs

So you tell them about DLI and not give them a calc :p.

So here is a Calc, that I like https://curiousplant.com/light-carnivorous-plants-part-2/, why I like it, is it's easy to change over. Most calcs want you to input PPFD, but this helps you solve from Lumens, Lux, Par, PPFD, whatever you have.

So let's do some crunching :).

So a Quad 22inch T5HO with a 125° reflector, assuming no light loss, on a 24x24x48 at 36inch depth we have.

A total DLI of 3.09, aka "Deep Shade" where a Hibiscus wants 12+ to thrive.

Now however, that's 36inches down. That's the plant that's low to the bottom. So that Par isn't that bad. But let's figure for Midway, about where our Hibiscus will have most of it's foliage.

So 18inches down, and we have a DLI of 6.17, we are still full shade. At 18 inches.

Now let's compare my Easy Bright. For the same wattage.

The DLI at 18in down is 19.62 aka "Full Sun".

Keep in mind, these numbers are directly under the bulbs, the par will deviate off axis, be less. But it's a good enough comparison for our purposes. Best bet for accuracy is to get a Par meter, (there is a DIY for 150 or so) or get a Lux meter and use Lux, in the spots you want your plants to go.

To be clear, the Lux for the T5s was 10000k where the LEDs lux is 36,000 and that was giving the T5 the benefit of no wasting of light.

Question mark can I do a double hood instead of a quad and get the led light instead? Will that be enough for the honeysuckle and the hibiscus? Thank you good day

Question mark can I do a double hood instead of a quad and get the led light instead? Will that be enough for the honeysuckle and the hibiscus? Thank you good day

What size cage again? 24x24x48? A single tube or double tube should be fine with a pair of the led bulbs listed for hibiscus at least. On Lola's I have a double tube (one of the tubes is an led retrofit and pretty useless other then adding light to the top) and 3 bulbs similar to cyberlocc's (his is cheaper atm), two 6500k and 1 3500k.

So you tell them about DLI and not give them a calc :p.

So here is a Calc, that I like https://curiousplant.com/light-carnivorous-plants-part-2/, why I like it, is it's easy to change over. Most calcs want you to input PPFD, but this helps you solve from Lumens, Lux, Par, PPFD, whatever you have.

So let's do some crunching :).

So a Quad 22inch T5HO with a 125° reflector, assuming no light loss, on a 24x24x48 at 36inch depth we have.

A total DLI of 3.09, aka "Deep Shade" where a Hibiscus wants 12+ to thrive.

Now however, that's 36inches down. That's the plant that's low to the bottom. So that Par isn't that bad. But let's figure for Midway, about where our Hibiscus will have most of it's foliage.

So 18inches down, and we have a DLI of 6.17, we are still full shade. At 18 inches.

Now let's compare my Easy Bright. For the same wattage.

The DLI at 18in down is 19.62 aka "Full Sun".

Keep in mind, these numbers are directly under the bulbs, the par will deviate off axis, be less. But it's a good enough comparison for our purposes. Best bet for accuracy is to get a Par meter, (there is a DIY for 150 or so) or get a Lux meter and use Lux, in the spots you want your plants to go.

To be clear, the Lux for the T5s was 10000k where the LEDs lux is 36,000 and that was giving the T5 the benefit of no wasting of light.

Meh, I figured you'd help fill in the blanks since I couldn't at the time :ROFLMAO: .

What size cage again? 24x24x48? A single tube or double tube should be fine with a pair of the led bulbs listed for hibiscus at least. On Lola's I have a double tube (one of the tubes is an led retrofit and pretty useless other then adding light to the top) and 3 bulbs similar to cyberlocc's (his is cheaper atm), two 6500k and 1 3500k.
Yes 2x2x4. You’ll have made the old gods very happy thank you. I’m trying really hard to understand what y’all are saying on this thread lol I wish I was this smart

Same thing as @dshuld was saying but I found this online and wanted to show everyone.
Indoor hibiscus care. View attachment 239727

So there is a Few Keys to that post.

1. His Flos are very close to the plant. But 10-12 inches, may be enough ( I think he said it was)

2. Look at those Incans, so to start. Incandescent lights offer the highest DLI of any light source, I think the fact they are the only true full spectrum we have in a single bulb is why. They give UVA, UVB, Blue, Red, Green, Violet, Infared A, B and C. In small amounts on the Infrareds, and UVs but it's enough to "Wake" the plant up. Alot of LED grow systems use Far Red (Infared A) to increase flowering in plants like the weed ones.

Look at the location of those Incans lol, that's a huge boon to this plant flowering like it is.

He also had them on a 14 cycle, which I would do for Chams too, but only during the spring/summer.

If you have, like Dshuld said though, 4 T5s, and 2 basking lights, you could get pretty close to this. It won't be as strong of growth as the Incans and Flos won't be so close, so don't expect that per se. But it will work.

Also though, you have to remember this is a 4' grow space. Those are T5 46" which are 5k lumens each where the 22s are 2100. So in our use, the lighting is a bit less, but likely still enough.

Thanks. I thought that's what you were saying. 4 T5 bulbs will do the trick.

No actually the opposite. This person said it took 8 t5ho plus the 2 clamp lights if I'm reading it right? That's a lot of power that could be saved with led lol. Though, I'm surprised they pulled it off with the 8 tubes plus 2 clamps tbh.

So there is a Few Keys to that post.

1. His Flos are very close to the plant. But 10-12 inches, may be enough ( I think he said it was)

2. Look at those Incans, so to start. Incandescent lights offer the highest DLI of any light source, I think the fact they are the only true full spectrum we have in a single bulb is why. They give UVA, UVB, Blue, Red, Green, Violet, Infared A, B and C. In small amounts on the Infrareds, and UVs but it's enough to "Wake" the plant up. Alot of LED grow systems use Far Red (Infared A) to increase flowering in plants like the weed ones.

Look at the location of those Incans lol, that's a huge boon to this plant flowering like it is.

He also had them on a 14 cycle, which I would do for Chams too, but only during the spring/summer.

If you have, like Dshuld said though, 4 T5s, and 2 basking lights, you could get pretty close to this. It won't be as strong of growth as the Incans and Flos won't be so close, so don't expect that per se. But it will work.

Also though, you have to remember this is a 4' grow space. Those are T5 46" which are 5k lumens each where the 22s are 2100. So in our use, the lighting is a bit less, but likely still enough.
Thanks for the breakdown. I figured it would need some adjustments for the chameleons. Looks like and awesome free range set up. It needs a chameleon right in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom