Sansi Grow Lights are on sale for Amazon Prime Day

Ok got it thanks dude

Something like one of these with a wifi timer and your golden. Though, I prefer sunblaze fixtures, one of these is better then that odyssea.

Screenshot_2019-07-15-19-45-30.png Screenshot_2019-07-15-19-46-12.png Screenshot_2019-07-15-19-47-36.png

Run the bulbs they come with for 6 months or so then swap for either 2 spectralux 901621, 1 uv, 1 spectralux 901620 (if you have flowering plants, other wise 3 of the 901621's and the uv) or 1 uv, 1 ge F24WT5/835/ECO ( same as with the spectralux, only if you have flowering plants) and 2 ge F24WT5/865/ECO.

Sure do ;) . To give you a better idea, you can see in the pics how the odyssea only has one wrap around reflector where as the others have a "w" shape to give each bulb its own reflector.

View attachment 239610View attachment 239611
Ok thank you for taking the time to explain all that to be. I appreciate it. Just to just clarify if I buy one of the 3 you posted I don’t need to buy extra lights for at least 6 months, then I change the bulbs out? Sorry if I’m annoying

Ok thank you for taking the time to explain all that to be. I appreciate it. Just to just clarify if I buy one of the 3 you posted I don’t need to buy extra lights for at least 6 months, then I change the bulbs out? Sorry if I’m annoying

Lol, you're good. Other then buying the uv bulb, no, they come preloaded with bulbs though I'm not sure of what brand the bulbs are.

I'm trying to understand you guys...a little confusing, I have used 2 4' 6500k t-8s grow lights for years and have bloomed and grew just about every orchid available, very different than hibiscus though

Sorry, case of quick look and type lol. But, looking at the deeper reds starting at 680, I'd venture to say you're probably right about mid 80's. Comparing the advertised spd vs citizen series 6 and lumiled 3030, the deep red isn't as high as 90+ in that line. They do have a ton of orange, yellow and red which lends more towards the 4000k lines of them but not as much as the others.

Do you happen to know which osram chip these have?

They got back, 85CRI and 4200 lumens, didn't answer the spectrum though.

I'm trying to understand you guys...a little confusing, I have used 2 4' 6500k t-8s grow lights for years and have bloomed and grew just about every orchid available, very different than hibiscus though

We there is alot too that.

DLI is a big part of the equation, and there is AFAIK only a few truly high light orchids, Vanda's I think are one and Angrecums another. That's why it's said that Par is what is important.

If your high par plants are all in the top, than ya it will be fine. A Nepthenes that is Lowland can be grown with a T5 when it's 6 inches from the plant. When the plant is 40 inches away, that's when it's a problem.

Keep in mind that alot of plants live in full sun. Full sun outside where I live, on a clear day in spring is 60-70k lumens at the ground.

The other aspect, being of course time per day. So plants have a DLI to Survive and a DLI to thrive. Once you know what those are, and what you want to do, you can figure out your Par, then you can figure out how long of light you need. I have seen people use Lowland terrarium to grow my Nepthenes Madgascarensis, with a 8 bulb T5, from 30 inches away, they also had to run those lights for 16 hours per day, something we don't do with Chams. Even then, they are 30 Inches light to dirt, I am 45.

My biggest aspect of wanting LEDs over Flos personally though, more than just high light. Was dimming.

Once my cage is done, everything will dim, even the UVB bulbs. So it will ramp, and wane just like the sun. So there won't be 45k lumens for 12 hours, but for maybe 2-4, the rest of the day, will be much lower, ramping up and ramping down, doing from a warm sunrises to cool afternoons back down on its way out.

If you hit up a DLI calculator and know what your plant needs, you can size for survive, and size for thrive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom