Sansi Grow Lights are on sale for Amazon Prime Day

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi! The 24w Sansi Plant Grow Lights are on sale for Amazon Prime Day, plus there is a 20% off coupon, so it ends up being $19 shipped. The 15w is $15. The 36w is also 20% off so that is $31.

These are awesome grow lights, I have 9 of them and just ordered 2 more for all the cages and plant areas. 2 of the 36w really light up my 45x20x60" cages, in combination with a dual T5 HO bulb. FAR more light than a quad would put out, and for less money, and far cheaper than a Jungle Dawn. I have the 24w on my 48" cages and it lights them up well, too.

Hope it helps someone!

Last edited:
Pretty wide, depending on how far away it is. I have two on the 45" cage and they overlap a bit, but I have a tall tree in the middle so 2 ensures that light is getting to the floor in all 4 corners. I have a 15w in my bug room, about 4' away and it lights up the entire 5' long rack with pretty bright light. I've been super happy with them. They get warm but not super hot. mine are in open bulb cages, but the 15w is in a regular old wide heat lamp.

https://www.amazon.com/SANSI-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Greenhouse-Houseplants/dp/B07BRKT56T

Trying to justify a purchase. I dont grow plants, i dont even have a socket in the reptile cages for these. i guess i could use it to replace my giant 26 watt CFL in the living room....

what is the spread on these?

They have a 60 degree spread, are very similar to lower wattage JD Spots.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07L88B9ZD/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That one is a JD spot, just without Arcadia branding, as are Dshulds pool bulbs. China loves to make stuff for you than sell it direct for half price.

They are great from a cheap and easy standpoint, and with the 60° spread, direct alot of PAR down. However they are overdriven, and have horrid L/W ratios, actually worse than Flos. JD Spots were something like 87.

If only i could get something cyberlocc certified for under $50 just to play with. Unfortunatly i dont need to grow anything and dont need 1.21 gigwatts of light. I just want to replace my crappy 26 watts CFL that is the only light in the middle of my home theater room :)

These are awfully bight (and directed) to use for ambient lighting. I have them in a "lamp" but they're pointed at my free range area... and even pointed to a corner, they're bright!

If only i could get something cyberlocc certified for under $50 just to play with. Unfortunatly i dont need to grow anything and dont need 1.21 gigwatts of light. I just want to replace my crappy 26 watts CFL that is the only light in the middle of my home theater room :)

These are good, I would support Arcadia before buying the knock off, from a reliability standpoint and to not support the scummy Chinese behavior. But either option is good.

They are bad from a Lumens Per Watt standpoint. So you will pay the diffence on your electric bill (won't be much worse than a CFL) but the upfront cost is good, and the light spectrum and directional nature is good.

They can get deep, have a really good cob in them, (looks like the Sansi is Stars, to me) with a good Spectrum and CRI, and are pretty cheap. They are Cyber Locc approved, for small use case.

For a typical keeper with one cage, that uses a handful (2-3) they are not bad.

However as you starting talking chameleon rooms, and racks of cages, very high light plants ect, that's when I would lean to my DIY, as you will feel the diffrence on your electric bill. My Veros are 2.5x as much lumens for 10 more watts.

These are good, I would support Arcadia before buying the knock off, from a reliability standpoint and to not support the scummy Chinese behavior. But either option is good.

They are bad from a Lumens Per Watt standpoint. So you will pay the diffence on your electric bill (won't be much worse than a CFL) but the upfront cost is good, and the light spectrum and directional nature is good.

They can get deep, have a really good cob in them, (looks like the Sansi is Stars, to me) with a good Spectrum and CRI, and are pretty cheap. They are Cyber Locc approved, for small use case.

For a typical keeper with one cage, that uses a handful (2-3) they are not bad.

However as you starting talking chameleon rooms, and racks of cages, very high light plants ect, that's when I would lean to my DIY, as you will feel the diffrence on your electric bill. My Veros are 2.5x as much lumens for 10 more watts.

Uhhhh, so i should by the sansi or the JD Spots?

Uhhhh, so i should by the sansi or the JD Spots?

Depends how much light you want. They both Utilize High CRI Cree LEDs and the appearance of a 60° beam angle. Just go by how much lumens or DLI you want or need. What is the light used for?

You said it will replace a 26w CFL, the JD would be more light, and a Sansi will be similar. They do direct light info a smaller cone, which intensifies it, where a CFL shoots it everywhere, so either will be brighter from that aspect alone.

Also, was coming back to link this, as it's a good old article. It's very old, and his statements of we cannot reproduce the sun's full spectrum has changed, but the effects on reptiles is good :).
http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Reptile-Health/Habitats-Care/Reptile-Lighting-Information/

It's the science behind the Arcadia Deep heat. Of which I have seen a few Youtubers, and comments saying it really does work. The infrared seems to make the animals more Active, they seem to recognize the heat source better. Also, a study I seen (have to find it) the other day, said that's why Chams change colors when basking.

They have the ability to reflect Infared. When they bask and turn light, or green that reflects Infared, when they turn black, it's to become a Black Body Radiator.

I think we all knew, they were color shifting as to absorb or reflect light, I personally didn't know they have the ability to reflect infrared, to the point of Zero absorbtion till seeing that.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/chameleons-viewed-in-infrared-lighting.115008/

Chris mentions the study I seen as well. However in that study, they never showed the Chams in question, as to what they were doing at the time. Were they trying to bask, or not. Though I have seen other reports stating all of them can do it, when no longer wishing for heat.

I think with the Advent of LEDs, and the new Deep Heats, we can provide a lighting that is much more natural than ever achieveable before. Infared for heat, full spectrum LEDs and UVB flos, and we can represent the sun in it's entirety.

Last edited:
I'd like to see these in a grow contest between the JDs. I'm not very experienced with lighting other than the basics. If I bought more I'd probably try these out. Then I'd feel mad I spent all that on jungle dawn if these work better lol. All I know is, my jungledawns got my cryptanthus to turn purple/red at the lower end of the atrium through dappled lighting(which takes a lot of light) and my more picky bromeliads threw off pups and flowered under them. They also got my carnivorous plants to flower and change colors which takes a LOT. I'd love to give these things a try though to see if they'd do the same. Wish I had the money to grab some.

I'd like to see these in a grow contest between the JDs. I'm not very experienced with lighting other than the basics. If I bought more I'd probably try these out. Then I'd feel mad I spent all that on jungle dawn if these work better lol. All I know is, my jungledawns got my cryptanthus to turn purple/red at the lower end of the atrium through dappled lighting(which takes a lot of light) and my more picky bromeliads threw off pups and flowered under them. They also got my carnivorous plants to flower and change colors which takes a LOT. I'd love to give these things a try though to see if they'd do the same. Wish I had the money to grab some.

The Sansis? Or the ones I linked?

The Sansis, are 25ws they are half as bright as a Jungle Dawn. The ones I linked, those are Jungle Dawn's lol, they are the same light just Chinese unbranded.

They may not be as high of CRI, but the spectrum is equivalent, they are viable lights for sure, they may or many not use a cheaper cob, likely a clone of the Cree in the JDs.

Edit: It helps to read the description, they are an Osram COB, Osram is good lights. It is comparable to Jungle Dawn Spot. Uses the same heatsink, likely driver, the same optics, has good spectrum Osram LEDs.

I might even suggest this over JDs, the price is fitting.

The Sansis? Or the ones I linked?

The Sansis, are 25ws they are half as bright as a Jungle Dawn. The ones I linked, those are Jungle Dawn's lol, they are the same light just Chinese unbranded.

They may not be as high of CRI, but the spectrum is equivalent, they are viable lights for sure, they may or many not use a cheaper cob, likely a clone of the Cree in the JDs.

Edit: It helps to read the description, they are an Osram COB, Osram is good lights. It is comparable to Jungle Dawn Spot. Uses the same heatsink, likely driver, the same optics, has good spectrum Osram LEDs.

I might even suggest this over JDs, the price is fitting.

Looks like that might be the elusive 4000k version of my pool bulb :unsure: . Other then it's using osram chips instead of lumiled....

Looks like that might be the elusive 4000k version of my pool bulb :unsure: . Other then it's using osram chips instead of lumiled....

Where did it say 4000k? Or are you talking the Sansi or the light I linked?

The one I linked, is being labeled "Sunshine" that's 5400-5500k, Daylight would be 5500-5600k range.

Look how sharp those blues are, that's not 4000k. I don't even think it's the 5400ish they are advertising, if that spectrograph is correct, I would think that's more in the 57-6400k range. Just a guess, but that's alot of blue.

Where did it say 4000k? Or are you talking the Sansi or the light I linked?

The one I linked, is being labeled "Sunshine" that's 5400-5500k, Daylight would be 5500-5600k range.

Look how sharp those blues are, that's not 4000k. I don't even think it's the 5400ish they are advertising, if that spectrograph is correct, I would think that's more in the 57-6400k range. Just a guess, but that's alot of blue.

Yours, the spd reads like a 80 cri 5000k bulb but the pic shows more reds in it then the spd would lead me to believe. That's why I put :unsure: in there lol. Definitely not got the heavy blue I see in mine.

Yours, the spd reads like a 80 cri 5000k bulb but the pic shows more reds in it then the spd would lead me to believe. That's why I put :unsure: in there lol. Definitely not got the heavy blue I see in mine.

Are we looking at the same SPD lol??

Here is a 95CRI vs a 80 at 5000k, my laptop is out for a few days, but draw the line.
kelvin_cri_comparison_chart.jpg

And here is the Amazon light.

It's a little low in the early greens, and UV, I'd say it's likely high 80s / low 90s in CRI 5000k or more. Probably like an 87, I did write them to ask though, earlier.

51K-d8XPrhL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I need a Spectrometer, and I would just buy some of these cheap LEDs and find out :p.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom