Sansi Grow Lights are on sale for Amazon Prime Day

@cyberlocc and @dshuld should be in the pot business with all of their lighting knowledge :ROFLMAO:

That's where we get our knowledge. We invaded the potheads forums and are learning from them. I can't speak to Dshuld, but I don't partake in their recreational activities, did as a youngster and have nothing against it though.

I do get scared about being on those forums though, I don't post much, I read and PM people when I need clarification lol. In scared to post much.

Wait there is a forum for that :eek: I need to join

https://www.rollitup.org/

Between that, Growmaus's Videos, and the Reef guys, is where I have been learning about LEDs and growing plants mostly. The reef guys take this stuff very seriously and well, well Freshwater, but alot of the reef guys are good with FW too.

A few Fbook groups and the CP forums as well, and then just taking the things they talk about and researching into it further. When I get a bone, I don't put it down lol. I will Google it for days on end till I understand how it works and why.

Anymore specific? Me and Dshuld get to going and confusing everybody :p.
I know looks are tricky. Just like when a bulb is labeled UVB and people get the coil bulbs that are no good. When it comes to plants I see "Plant bulb or grow light" I think to put that over the plant and the thing will grow. Not the case.
T5 Dual 6500K Aquarium Light... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IFIOYJ6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I use this and it seems to be doing fine. Actually the plants with the babies I'm trimming down because they're growing so good.
I'm just always keeping my eye open for better lights or improving my knowledge about the grow lights.

Are we looking at the same SPD lol??

Here is a 95CRI vs a 80 at 5000k, my laptop is out for a few days, but draw the line. View attachment 239569

And here is the Amazon light.

It's a little low in the early greens, and UV, I'd say it's likely high 80s / low 90s in CRI 5000k or more. Probably like an 87, I did write them to ask though, earlier.

View attachment 239570

Sorry, case of quick look and type lol. But, looking at the deeper reds starting at 680, I'd venture to say you're probably right about mid 80's. Comparing the advertised spd vs citizen series 6 and lumiled 3030, the deep red isn't as high as 90+ in that line. They do have a ton of orange, yellow and red which lends more towards the 4000k lines of them but not as much as the others.

Do you happen to know which osram chip these have?

Ya I need to get my blog done. And see if their is a way to let Dshuld contribute, (I know there is a community blog option, have to look into how it works) or he can just correct me in the comments. At least get the basic stuff laid out for everyone in an easy to understand way.
That would be helpful. I’m currently trying to upgrade my lights. I’m just trying to decide between a quad and a duo light source right now.

I know looks are tricky. Just like when a bulb is labeled UVB and people get the coil bulbs that are no good. When it comes to plants I see "Plant bulb or grow light" I think to put that over the plant and the thing will grow. Not the case.
T5 Dual 6500K Aquarium Light... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IFIOYJ6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I use this and it seems to be doing fine. Actually the plants with the babies I'm trimming down because they're growing so good.
I'm just always keeping my eye open for better lights or improving my knowledge about the grow lights.

There is nothing wrong with that light at all. You could grow a tank, nicely with that.

The problem comes in, when you want ramping or you want high light plants, that will grow under a T5 when it's 3 inches away lol.

Then with the good LED diy builds, there adds a factor of wattage. So electric isn't that much for me, and right now I only have the big Viv and a few smaller setups, but man I can't imagine what you pay in power.

So that you linked is 24ws each at around 2500 lumens, each, so a total of 5k lumens. For those same 50ws I could get you 9000k lumens or pretty close. If you just wanted the 5k, I could get you that with 20ws. And 30ws isn't that much, until how many cages do you have? 10, that's 300ws now. I pay almost 12cents per KW, so that's about 43 cents a day to run that at 12hours. So almost 15 dollars a month.

Let's say your plants need high light though, and you need double that. So now there is 600ws of waste. That's 30 dollars a month. That's 360 dollars a year, and in that year you have changed 40 T5s 1-2 times, that's another couple hundred, that is where LEDs truly shine.

Sorry, case of quick look and type lol. But, looking at the deeper reds starting at 680, I'd venture to say you're probably right about mid 80's. Comparing the advertised spd vs citizen series 6 and lumiled 3030, the deep red isn't as high as 90+ in that line. They do have a ton of orange, yellow and red which lends more towards the 4000k lines of them but not as much as the others.

Do you happen to know which osram chip these have?

I do not, I asked them though, we will see if they reply. My guess is mid 80s as well, I feel like if it was in the 90s they would say so. It might be lower than 5k, but IDK about 4k that's pretty warm. They are calling a daylight light, that's why my money was on 5k, but they are short alot of blues compared, they have blues only on Royal, and Reds in Photo, which I guess is "Grow Light" standards, just not what we want for Chams. Or I do.

That would be helpful. I’m currently trying to upgrade my lights. I’m just trying to decide between a quad and a duo light source right now.

Really depends what kind of lumens you need. What kind of plants you have, and how even spread you have.

@cyberlocc Haha growing pot is pretty much the norm now a days, I have no problems with it. They Need to know their lighting or nothing will grow to its full potential same with the reef guys growing their corals.

I’ve been lurking your posts though and you definitely seem to know your lighting which is really cool haha. I try to understand a lot of what your saying but I’m still lost on most of it haha. I’ll be looking forward to your blog on these veros or cobs you keep talking about, they sound like the bees knees haha. I currently just have 2 JDs and a dual Arcadia fixture on my 24x24x48 enclosure. Im very curious in your diy lights to possibly replace my JDs. I love my JDs but these diy lights sound like they could be even better.

Though I have read through a bit of the pot site listed, I don't partake in the activities. Tbh, most of my previous lighting experience is with planted aquariums(running t5ho/ low end led) that I've adopted over. Granted in that case the spd needs are slightly different and can be used to "manipulate" some plants to get some pretty brilliant colors (the red end mostly for "manipulation").

Last edited:
@cyberlocc Haha growing pot is pretty much the norm now a days, I have no problems with it. They Need to know their lighting or nothing will grow to its full potential same with the reef guys growing their corals.

I’ve been lurking your posts though and you definitely seem to know your lighting which is really cool haha. I try to understand a lot of what your saying but I’m still lost on most of it haha. I’ll be looking forward to your blog on these veros or cobs you keep talking about, they sound like the bees knees haha. I currently just have 2 JDs and a dual Arcadia fixture on my 24x24x48 enclosure. Im very curious in your diy lights to possibly replace my JDs. I love my JDs but these diy lights sound like they could be even better.

There is a DIY easy COB build up right now.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/the-ez-bright-cost-difficulty.2405/

Fairly cheap, for what you get, and pretty darn bright lol.

Do a single, puck/ dome basking and led :LOL:.

I would do the double COB above, and. Arcadia Deep Heat Projector. I have seen promising information about those. People seem to like them, the science is there, and what I am hearing it works.

There is a DIY easy COB build up right now.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/the-ez-bright-cost-difficulty.2405/

Fairly cheap, for what you get, and pretty darn bright lol.

I would do the double COB above, and. Arcadia Deep Heat Projector. I have seen promising information about those. People seem to like them, the science is there, and what I am hearing it works.

Yeah, I liked what I saw about the deep heat early on too. But, I'm really liking the xenon pucks I've been messing with. They fit the shallow space requirements, only use 20w and the chams seem to bask like they do with everything else they've had over them. Ik some of the people on ccc use them and I think the co owner of radion posted about using them at one point some where.

Back
Top Bottom