Sansi Grow Lights are on sale for Amazon Prime Day

CE44F87B-39C3-4182-A41C-447404BFDB72.jpeg

I have not messed with that one, personally. If it does blow down, like I already told Dshuld to do lol, take it apart and flip it up. @dshuld yours blows down, as in a pool the glass is right in front of it, their likely isnt enough airflow to allow it to intake. You dont have it mounted in a pool, you should flip your fans around, its the exact same heat sink as the JD spot, it can and should be in taking air, its more efficient.

I actually like the down flow personally, especially if it's like Lola's with three bulbs. Just means "free" basking spots and several of them. As noted in her original build thread, she chose to bask under them instead of halogen or incandescent so it's kind of a win win for me.

Dshuld, I know I can use Halogens, I am going to. However you should at the very least put the glass black. UVC will kill your chams, over time. it kills cells in humans and chams, kills bacteria and insects almost outright. I wouldn't play with UVC.

So others can have some context of the spd you posted for xenon, here is the link to that page.

https://www.med.unc.edu/microscopy/files/2018/06/light-sources.pdf

Again though, that spd is for a true xenon bulb (xbo) where there is 99.99% xenon gas inside that is used to carry an arc of electricity to "create" the light. This also doesn't take into account any "doping" that may have been done to limit uv emissions. The "xenon" bulbs in the pucks are halogen bulbs that use .01 to 1% xenon as a "buffer" to knock the tungsten molecules "back" to the tungsten filament to prolong the life of the tungsten filament which also lets them "run cooler". I have reached out to Feit to see if they can provide a spd of their "xenon" halogen g8 bulbs though. Of the four "major" bulb manufactures they are the only ones I can find that list the fact they make them. If I hear back I'll update with what they said.

Edit: side note, I wanted cooler since these are meant for the planned hatchling rack which is 20" tall cages. I did test the first pack I bought on the adults before buying the rest which is where I decided to pull the glass lens.

Last edited:
They have a 60 degree spread, are very similar to lower wattage JD Spots.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07L88B9ZD/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That one is a JD spot, just without Arcadia branding, as are Dshulds pool bulbs. China loves to make stuff for you than sell it direct for half price.

They are great from a cheap and easy standpoint, and with the 60° spread, direct alot of PAR down. However they are overdriven, and have horrid L/W ratios, actually worse than Flos. JD Spots were something like 87.
I bought one of these and it came yesterday. It is nice and bright. I have it in my office shinning on my Venus fly trap.

Mind taking a pic of the plant with the light on?
Its a lot brighter than what the picture shows. I was using one of those dual led lights with the red and blue leds in it. My plant went into dormancy so I'm hoping this brighter light snaps it back out of it.

Attachments

• Venus Fly Trap.jpg
    Venus Fly Trap.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 115
Its a lot brighter than what the picture shows. I was using one of those dual led lights with the red and blue leds in it. My plant went into dormancy so I'm hoping this brighter light snaps it back out of it.

Awesome, thanks!!

If her brain hurts like mine all parts lol y’all are specking Alien

Ya I need to get that Intro blog done. With all these terms laid out in an easy to understand way, so you guys can get the just and understand what we are talking about lol :) soon TM.

@dshuld good to know :). I just don't want to see your Chams get burned or hurt from UVC or you :).

For hacthings you don't really need them, the UVB light is usually enough for them to bask, you could do a double Flo fixture and I think that's what most breeders do. Babies do not live in the canopy, but small bushes close to the ground afaik.

Lol. Geez I'm looking through the posts like I'm suppose to have a fan on. :rolleyes: I think it's going up. I have i it in the other half of a double dome fixture. I turned off the baking bulb. This is getting warm enough. 20190718_173600.jpg

Lol. Geez I'm looking through the posts like I'm suppose to have a fan on. :rolleyes: I think it's going up. I have i it in the other half of a double dome fixture. I turned off the baking bulb. This is getting warm enough. View attachment 240027

So these should carry the same "disclaimer" I posted for my pool bulb version.... Check temps below the bulb. On the brightside, like the pool bulbs, they double as basking bulbs, edit: with better light penetration.

Last edited:
So these should carry the same "disclaimer" I posted for my pool bulb version.... Check temps below the bulb. On the brightside, like the pool bulbs, they double as basking bulbs, edit: with better light penetration.

I had never considered that. I can run one of these in a regular dome fixture like I was planning for a basking bulb, I'll just be adding a lot more usable light for the plants?

https://www.amazon.com/Daylight-Equ...op?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=sspa_mw_detail_0

Back
Top Bottom