Pygmy habitats

I am really wishing I didn't get rid of my old Exo Terra kit... ><

I am using an old 10 gallon with lid for my little ones. I still have to wash off the pothos and plant it. I procrastinated and I am going to do it tomorrow after school. :3

I am getting mine as a Secret Santa gift. Thankfully I know what I am getting! :p Free Pygs! :D They are all cbb' too.

Thanks Bocajan for adding great info to the thread!! :D That is the same construction method I use as well, minus the charcoal layer. In the big viv I used ABG mix instead of just soil to hopefully get the plants to grow better. We'll see if it works down the line!

Thanks Bocajan for adding great info to the thread!! :D That is the same construction method I use as well, minus the charcoal layer. In the big viv I used ABG mix instead of just soil to hopefully get the plants to grow better. We'll see if it works down the line!

If you'd pay me I'd find a cheap one and transform it, entire enclosure and all! I love having projects to build on.

And so begins the "make Vivs out of everything glass in sight, place near well lit area, and enjoy"

I have a cylindrical glass vase I used for a large flower arrangement with a frog pin in the bottom. Wonder if I can make that a pyg tank... we will see ;)

aeeb813e-725f-33f9.jpg

What is that on the back of the enclosure?
Like mud or moss?

What is that on the back of the enclosure?
Like mud or moss?

It's Great Stuff expanding foam covered by silicone and while the silicone is still fresh you press dirt/moss/bark into it to cover it. You can make it in whatever shape you want and cover it with whatever you want too.

Niels - that tank looks awesome!!

It's Great Stuff expanding foam covered by silicone and while the silicone is still fresh you press dirt/moss/bark into it to cover it. You can make it in whatever shape you want and cover it with whatever you want too.

Niels - that tank looks awesome!!

It's called great stuff? Where can I find that? And what type of silicone?

I´m using a product called "knauf", to seal the MDF. Its a product you use in bathrooms floors. Im sure you have a similar product in your country. I have not been able to find a site on english, but maybe you can translate this site. http://www.vatk.dk/index.php?option...r-om-knauf&catid=47:terrariegruppen&Itemid=69

The texture on th walls are made from another "bathroom" product called alfix. They use it to glue tiles to the wals. You mix it up with water (and in this case add colour) and lubricate it on to the walls.
http://www.flise-eksperten.dk/shop/alfix-normalfix-graa-188p.html

Back
Top Bottom