Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

This has been exhausting. I got the reservoir hooked up, gravity feeding the pump, all the hoses are fully in, but it's either not spraying or just dripping

Just read someone else's post about how to prime it, works fine now :) that is a very fine mist
Yes it really does not flood , It's a mist . Oh yeah well mistking makes seances lol . Awesome !!. You will be so happy you have it . You can set it for long misting several times a day . I still like handmisting all my babies like hand misting . I use a fish tank heater in my reserve to keep the water warm . Frances still sometimes is surprised by the Mister .

Nothing is going right, I am so frustrated.
I finally found a ficus and go figure it's too tall for the enclosure. Should have measured it, but it didn't look that tall in person.
I can keep it for myself/shower plant or return it and get another draecena...

Sigh.

I can repot it, but I don't think the roots would enjoy being in something even smaller. I might take a look at the roots and see if I can lose some height in the pot area.

Nothing is going right, I am so frustrated.
I finally found a ficus and go figure it's too tall for the enclosure. Should have measured it, but it didn't look that tall in person.
I can keep it for myself/shower plant or return it and get another draecena...

Sigh.
You could put it under the potho's and start a free range ? Or shower plant or all the above ? Or out side under tent ?

It would be too tall for the tent. I may hold onto it and see how I feel. If I get a male I'll need to upgrade size eventually, or I can just let him play in it like I did the pothos for the girls

It would be too tall for the tent. I may hold onto it and see how I feel. If I get a male I'll need to upgrade size eventually, or I can just let him play in it like I did the pothos for the girls
Yes or maybe once you get a healthy one and see how amazing that is you will need another :love: . Then you would have a start ;).

I am so incredibly frustrated, but the mist king is setup and works. I have zero idea how the timer works. If it's on auto it just keeps going even though I set times. I'll deal with that tomorrow.

I bought some twist ties that I no longer need, so I'll be returning those and possibly the ficus. I was so excited for that ficus but it's like 5" too tall.

The drain system so far seems like it will work, though I'll likely try to come up with a more aesthetically pleasing setup over time. The guy at home depot gave me a trash can lid for free, so there's not too much invested in it.

IMAG3995.jpg IMAG3996.jpg

I'll take better photos tomorrow during the day, and maybe with the enclosure lights on. That room has no overhead lights currently. That's a project waiting to happen...

I am so incredibly frustrated, but the mist king is setup and works. I have zero idea how the timer works. If it's on auto it just keeps going even though I set times. I'll deal with that tomorrow.

I bought some twist ties that I no longer need, so I'll be returning those and possibly the ficus. I was so excited for that ficus but it's like 5" too tall.

The drain system so far seems like it will work, though I'll likely try to come up with a more aesthetically pleasing setup over time. The guy at home depot gave me a trash can lid for free, so there's not too much invested in it.

View attachment 186904 View attachment 186905
Woohoo awesome . We have the clymist . That timer was a royal pain in the A** !!. I wanted to throw it out the window !! Am was our time and pm was military time . We had to get it set up . We were going to be away . Frances could not travel she was ready to lay and was recovering from an URI and our normal sitter was not available. My mom was coming over but in Am/pm . They have cats and we could not bring her their and it would have been moving her . I almost cancelled going because I though I was not going to get it set up . Thank god for @Matt Vanilla Gorilla and @WAMBO !!. That thing would have been out the window I was so frustrated!!.

I'm in bed now actually. Everything about this was a process but should be very worth it.

My drill was too small for drilling the reservoir, so that was a process. Then it was leaking. Then the nozzle wouldn't spray, then the ficus was too big. Just like UGH.

They didn't help at all :(
IMAG3994.jpg

I'm in bed now actually. Everything about this was a process but should be very worth it.

My drill was too small for drilling the reservoir, so that was a process. Then it was leaking. Then the nozzle wouldn't spray, then the ficus was too big. Just like UGH.

They didn't help at all :(
View attachment 186906
Adorable we just put our boys to bed . They were all wrapped up snuggling watching a movie with us . I just love the Hamic .

I take the dragons to bed with me, so they're snuggled in for the night. They had a very exciting day of superworms.
All my crickets are still in the box they arrived in.... I need to clean out a bin..

I take the dragons to bed with me, so they're snuggled in for the night. They had a very exciting day of superworms.
All my crickets are still in the box they arrived in.... I need to clean out a bin..
Yay they like the hornworms !!. I'm so afraid we would roll on them ,But they have little beds in them habitats .

Back
Top Bottom