Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

With her being so weak, I have her an easier plant to hold.
She's avoiding the mist, which is very fine mist and not too overbearing, and I'm sitting on the edge of the tub to monitor her.
She just began walking around with her eyes closed. Her movement is very wobbly, like she's drunk
View attachment 186553
You can hold her sit in there with her if she's to weak and unstable . Just let her exhorb the mist you can bouse the water off the shower wall .

I actually just took a shower right before doing this, should have considered it before hand.
She's sitting well on the fake bonsai plant, but I'm going to sit with her until the end of it.

Not too much going on, she's just sitting in the mist, no licking, no deep breaths, and not too much movement. Her mouth is just slightly open and she has her head tilted downward.
Water temp is about where I'd shower at, very warm but not hot

I actually just took a shower right before doing this, should have considered it before hand.
She's sitting well on the fake bonsai plant, but I'm going to sit with her until the end of it.

Not too much going on, she's just sitting in the mist, no licking, no deep breaths, and not too much movement. Her mouth is just slightly open and she has her head tilted downward.
Water temp is about where I'd shower at, very warm but not hot
Excellent they just breath the mist .

I'm aware this is a off topic question but I was wondering what qualifies you to not be a "New member" because I recently bought a chameleon as a pet store rescue and I'm pretty sure it may be having problems with an abscess on its eye but I wanted to clarify with an expert to make sure it was in fact an abscess before I took it to the vet. Also I had some other random chameleon-related questions too

Just took her out, she was in for maybe 15-17 minutes based on when I posted the photo of her in there.

She had some mucus between one of her nostrils and her lip that I quickly cleaned up. I'm not sure it that's a sign of the mucus breaking up and coming loose, like how humans need to cough it out of our lungs, or a sign that there's still work to do. I have to imagine it likely came out of her nostril based on how she was hanging her head.

I'm aware this is a off topic question but I was wondering what qualifies you to not be a "New member" because I recently bought a chameleon as a pet store rescue and I'm pretty sure it may be having problems with an abscess on its eye but I wanted to clarify with an expert to make sure it was in fact an abscess before I took it to the vet. Also I had some other random chameleon-related questions too
Hi @Nathan9803 welcome . Can you please switch over to health clinic copy and paste this https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66 . You will get lots of help . I will watch for it and tag a few other member whom can better help you ;).

Just took her out, she was in for maybe 15-17 minutes based on when I posted the photo of her in there.

She had some mucus between one of her nostrils and her lip that I quickly cleaned up. I'm not sure it that's a sign of the mucus breaking up and coming loose, like how humans need to cough it out of our lungs, or a sign that there's still work to do. I have to imagine it likely came out of her nostril based on how she was hanging her head.
She has a Waze too go . You are doing a wonderful Job !!. She's very dehydrated and the meds won't help that situation but they are beyond necessary right now . The handling adds stress but that as well is necessary . Definitely check in with vet and you can even make notes with with all that happening so there's nothing forgotten when checking in .

Is .4ml of pedialyte/water still the way to go? I know it was @Andee that recommended the dosage, I'm just unsure if it's still an efficient amount and if it would be unwise to offer her more. I know more does not always mean better.

Should I offer her any reptiboost via syringe at all or just stick with the pedialyte? Just unsure if she needs any food in her or if that would be detrimental right now

Is .4ml of pedialyte/water still the way to go? I know it was @Andee that recommended the dosage, I'm just unsure if it's still an efficient amount and if it would be unwise to offer her more. I know more does not always mean better.

Should I offer her any reptiboost via syringe at all or just stick with the pedialyte? Just unsure if she needs any food in her or if that would be detrimental right now
Let's wait for @Andee thats her area of expertise .

Sorry I have been asleep, you can increase it to .8 just make sure to do it in small doses as usual, and do plenty of mistings in between time and I would honestly recommend a shower every other day.

Sorry I have been asleep, you can increase it to .8 just make sure to do it in small doses as usual, and do plenty of mistings in between time and I would honestly recommend a shower every other day.
I was just going to ask if he could do showers every day .

Ok, I'll do showers every other, mist often, and boost her pedialyte dosage and administer throughout the day. Unfortunately this will get more difficult during the work week, but I know I'll manage since I do come home on lunch.

Can I do pedialyte at the same time as the meds? Say I put .04 of her meds into the syringe, and also say .2 of the pedialyte water and do both at the same time? I'm not sure if I could over dilute the medication at all. I've been waiting at least an hour after medication to do the pedialyte water

1500846170282-881637586.jpg IMAG3981.jpg

So her color looks very good when I leave her alone. She's looking pretty plump. Her mouth has been open a lot today, and she's still moving around and gripping well.
I really hope she feels better soon

Back
Top Bottom