Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

The misting today she's been hating. I fully intended to mist her outside but forgot by the time I was out there. It's still warm and relatively sunny, I can try and get her out later

The misting today she's been hating. I fully intended to mist her outside but forgot by the time I was out there. It's still warm and relatively sunny, I can try and get her out later
That's ok some time glistening leafs natural sunlight can help add in getting them to drink .

Mamool has a little annoyed coloring going on lol . Don't count her out for being pissed off at that phone ;).

Just gave her her second dose of meds. She's seemed more alert today - her eyes have been open more often and she's been looking around a lot.
She did a cute back leg scratching her neck thing earlier, that was adorable.

She is starting to lock jaw for the syringe. I'm about ready to sterilize a credit card and keep it on hand for her doses. Speaking of, forget to medicate the beardie. Whoops! 1500764666664916748734.jpg

Just gave her her second dose of meds. She's seemed more alert today - her eyes have been open more often and she's been looking around a lot.
She did a cute back leg scratching her neck thing earlier, that was adorable.

She is starting to lock jaw for the syringe. I'm about ready to sterilize a credit card and keep it on hand for her doses. Speaking of, forget to medicate the beardie. Whoops!View attachment 186460
Her colors look great in that pic . Yup her sass is coming back Yay Mamool . Out door time is so very important right now . Great Job .

Thank you, I've been trying very hard.
She does start to yellow when trying to get the syringe in her mouth but I'm sure it's upsetting her is all.
I'm hoping tomorrow's weather is similar to today's. Today was supposed to rain and it hasn't yet, so maybe tomorrow won't be cloudy like it is supposed to be.

Thank you, I've been trying very hard.
She does start to yellow when trying to get the syringe in her mouth but I'm sure it's upsetting her is all.
I'm hoping tomorrow's weather is similar to today's. Today was supposed to rain and it hasn't yet, so maybe tomorrow won't be cloudy like it is supposed to be.
Cloudy is just as good . As longs as it's nice and warm .

1500815970318-470876718.jpg 1500816007274-503494042.jpg

Good morning!
I got up to use the restroom earlier this morning and checked on her, and she was sitting looking pretty plump in her basking spot.
I finally got up not long after and she clearly has been moving around quite a bit.
Time for her morning dose

Is it normal for her to get a little worse right after taking meds/pedialyte?

She goes into mouth breathing right after the syringe and seems to get more lethargic. The more time passes, she seems to start doing better.

It also appears she attempted or did pass a urate. She has some yellow crusting by her vent, implying she did or attempted to, and confirming dehydration. Hopefully the pedialyte has been helping with that.

I've got her outside, going to clean up her enclosure in the meantime and perhaps find out where that urate went

It's prob
Is it normal for her to get a little worse right after taking meds/pedialyte?

She goes into mouth breathing right after the syringe and seems to get more lethargic. The more time passes, she seems to start doing better.

It also appears she attempted or did pass a urate. She has some yellow crusting by her vent, implying she did or attempted to, and confirming dehydration. Hopefully the pedialyte has been helping with that.

I've got her outside, going to clean up her enclosure in the meantime and perhaps find out where that urate went
its probably in a plant . Hydration is a very slow process with a dehydrated chameloen . She is being forced to take things she otherwise would not take or refuse when feeling better . Probably her little way of saying I don't like this as closing their eyes it's a last resort defense mechanism .

Alright, so though humid out, it's starting to cool down and rain clouds rolled in so she's back inside.
Her enclosure is drying right now from an F10 spray down, so she's in the pothos.

I unfortunately found two urates, implying at least one had to be old, but neither were the same shade as her vent area is. That could mean just the end of it was more yellow or she didn't fully pass one. The two I did find were tinted yellow but otherwise mainly white.

I'm going to touch base with the vets tomorrow.
Is there anything more that can be done or could be suggested to help?

Alright, so though humid out, it's starting to cool down and rain clouds rolled in so she's back inside.
Her enclosure is drying right now from an F10 spray down, so she's in the pothos.

I unfortunately found two urates, implying at least one had to be old, but neither were the same shade as her vent area is. That could mean just the end of it was more yellow or she didn't fully pass one. The two I did find were tinted yellow but otherwise mainly white.

I'm going to touch base with the vets tomorrow.
Is there anything more that can be done or could be suggested to help?
Just keep up the misting and hydration . Really long misting sections . How is her breathing other then when you hydrate and medicate ?

Her breathing otherwise seems fine, she just acts up after the syringe.
She's basking at 85 degrees right now, still green.

Will long misting still benefit her if she isn't drinking it? I've still been misting but she just tucks her head down and waits for it to end

Her breathing otherwise seems fine, she just acts up after the syringe.
She's basking at 85 degrees right now, still green.

Will long misting still benefit her if she isn't drinking it? I've still been misting but she just tucks her head down and waits for it to end
Yes because she will breath it in . Also if you go anextra long time she might start licking the air droplets . Don't spray at her but from behind her . Also make sure you have very warm water . Even if you have to use filtered tap right now . She needs as much assess as possible .

Ok, that's good to hear.
I may try and get her in the shower, then. I haven't done the shower tactic with her yet because I've been afraid since JaJa had such issues with it and passed away right after. I'm afraid of the same happening again, though the shower was likely not to blame

Ok, that's good to hear.
I may try and get her in the shower, then. I haven't done the shower tactic with her yet because I've been afraid since JaJa had such issues with it and passed away right after. I'm afraid of the same happening again, though the shower was likely not to blame
You can just hold her to get started , Take her in . If your water will stay warm you can do 10/15 min . She might hunker down on her plant . Their instinct will always be climb up when scard .

Aww that makes me feel so badly. Jaja spent the whole time in the shower trying to climb up. That poor, scared little girl

Is that why Mamool climbs up the enclosure when misting?

With her being so weak, I have her an easier plant to hold.
She's avoiding the mist, which is very fine mist and not too overbearing, and I'm sitting on the edge of the tub to monitor her.
She just began walking around with her eyes closed. Her movement is very wobbly, like she's drunk
IMAG3980.jpg

Back
Top Bottom