Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

This is truly heartbreaking.
I really hope she pulls through.
She's sleeping with her mouth open
IMAG3953.jpg

Well no it's not ok. But it's what's going to happen may be able to make her more comfortable with some adjustments, do you have a humidifier? (Can't currently go back, out of the house and Wi-Fi is shitty) Also what are her temps at? Especially at night. Bumping them at night might help her if you haven't already and depending on what they are. I suggest getting a ceramic heat emitter. I only ever suggest this for chams when breathing problems become at issue.

It's very hot and humid out and I have no AC, so it's like 82 in here and humid. I do have a humidifier as well, but she's pretty humid right now. Otherwise temps at night go no lower than 68, but it's very hot lately

It's very hot and humid out and I have no AC, so it's like 82 in here and humid. I do have a humidifier as well, but she's pretty humid right now. Otherwise temps at night go no lower than 68, but it's very hot lately
You will need to keep her temps up right now . A bit more humid as well you don't want a wet enclosure. I know how you feel . Frances has had chronic URI 5 in a year and we can't get an answer of why . Andee is also correct with it can get worse before better . Oral antibiotics Take longer to work then injections, but the injections there is a higher risk of kidney issues and she already is not drinking I'm sure that is why your vet is not going that route .

In My opinion you d ont want her night temps to go below 75, you can technically put the ceramic heater on a thermostat. So she doesn't go over. And for humidity I would but the humidifier on a timer. I know you can get cheaper timers that work fine at home improvement stores, not sure about thermostats. I have bought them in pet stores before but only when I was desperate because the cost 60+ there

In My opinion you d ont want her night temps to go below 75, you can technically put the ceramic heater on a thermostat. So she doesn't go over. And for humidity I would but the humidifier on a timer. I know you can get cheaper timers that work fine at home improvement stores, not sure about thermostats. I have bought them in pet stores before but only when I was desperate because the cost 60+ there
Yes both can be bought at home depo .

It's 8pm and 80 in the house. Her enclosure is 75% humidity. Her temperature right now is 81.2
That's good you won't want those temps for ever but right now it's necessary . She's a strong little trooper don't give up on her . Trust me I understand what you are going through and even more so Andee she take in very ill chameleons .

Back
Top Bottom