Possible upper respiratory Infection

Alycia

Established Member
Ok so the veiled baby I rescued. Has started to pop and wheeze when she breathes. She's in a medium reptibreeze cage basking spots are 80-85 degrees. Ambient temperature is 75. She's still eating norm. Bowls seem to be norm. I've got her in a different room from all my other chameleons. The 9 of them seem to be fine so far. I've never had to deal with a respiratory issue in my chams so not sure exactly what to do. I've called a vet that deals with reptiles she's the only one I can find and she won't be back in the office until next week. What should I do please help. Oh I'm in Alabama so I know her humidities are screwed up which is why I mist regularly.

Oh I forgot to add I noticed it yesterday after I let my husband mist her. Typically I don't let him mist any of the baby chams because he doesn't understand how easily babies drown. He's very heavy handed with it. She is maybe 3 months old that's a Max on her age. She still appears to be active and isn't holding her head up. When I talked to the vet's office I told them all this as well and they told me to try to keep a little more heat on her than norm to try to help her expel any extra fluid she may have breathed in when he misted her. It was after he misted her that I noticed the popping and wheezing. That was around 5:30pm when I got off work at 3am I came home and checked on her and she was still doing it

I haven't noticed her doing it since around 4am. Moving her into the warmer room and keeping her heat lamp on her a little longer today seems like it has help the problem. Looks like I can't let him mist my babies any more.

I called the vet's office back and they told me to keep doing what I was doing and keep them informed

The other room she was in was also set up to cater more towards the Jackson's. So I may also have to keep her set up in the other room that I set up for veiled. That way I can monitor heat levels better and the Jackson's do better with the cooler temps. She seems happier in their

My other question with her is how often do veiled chams need the reptivite with d3. My Jackson's only get it bi monthly and I know the veiled need it a little more but how much more

Thank you I just wanted to be sure and not over or under supplement. My baby Jackson's still only get calcium

Back
Top Bottom