Panther

Hitched

So Charizard after 2 weeks of hissing and hiding finally warm up to me.It took sometime but all my hard work paid off today, As it was the first time my hand could actually get close to him..... Look at me now,just one thing I really want to know if he looks healthy, worried about his eyes seen him scratchn it against the branches

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 141
Congratulations for the success! :) Very handsome guy you have!
I think scratching their eyes to the branch is normal,that's how they clean their eyes. Only if you see something odd on his eyes or different than take him to the vet. Otherwise just keep your eyes on him and create him a wonderful life with you!

They worth everyting!

Dang, what a beauty! Nice reds on him. Like Hitched said, it's perfectly normal for them to do that. Just make sure the branches are always clean, of course, so he doesn't get hurt or infected or anything like that.

Awesome

Congratulations for the success! :) Very handsome guy you have!
I think scratching their eyes to the branch is normal,that's how they clean their eyes. Only if you see something odd on his eyes or different than take him to the vet. Otherwise just keep your eyes on him and create him a wonderful life with you!

They worth everyting!
Thanks for the advise and its nice to see more and more Canadians on the forum, seeing altogether we have such different climate form the West Coast,,

haha Awesome name! And he looks great. My chameleon scratches his eyes on branches somewhat often, so that is definitely nothing to worry about. What was your method of getting him so used to and being on your shoulder like that? My chameleon is about 4 month old, nearly 5 months. He's a jackson. He is getting more and more used to me. Doesn't tend to get stressed when I'm near, and will eat out of my hand and drink from the spray bottle. He even sometimes will walk on my hand just to each his food in my other hand. Is this similar to why you did?

Not There Yet

Actually he's has only eaten out of my hands a few times, I only got Charizard like 3 weeks ago. But hope to start training him to eats from my hand maybe next week... 1 thing at a time. What I have been doing is letting him get used to my hands in his cage by leaving my hand in and slowly getting closer each day until he got so used to my hand he stopped try to run and hide...let's not forget the occasional flare and mouth wide open. The hand that brings food and water and cleans on a daily basis, never try to grab him my approach was always from the front and not casting to much of an eye on him when he got defensive.Once my hand got under his chin/mouth, I then proceeded to gently raise him up until he got his first grip on me finger and it all happen after for itself..
His reward in return was me taking him outside for ah bit to get some afternoon sun
Step 2
Eating out my hands? I'll let you know how that turn out soon lol...

Lots of foliage to make him feel safe.

Just don't let anyone in the house with an empty pokeball or he may come up missing. Why not 'togepi' or 'squirtle'?

Back
Top Bottom