Concerned!

Just got a poop from Carmelo. Any suggestions for his dehydration? I'm fogging for 2 hours at night. I'll give him 0.1ml of water later.
This is his second poop with half orange urate. The poop portion is so dry!
This poop is less than 1 hour old. View attachment 352683
Run the fogger for a longer period of time at night. Some will run for 5-6 hours easily. As long as you have air flow and colder temps you can run it longer.

Update:
Blood work was good. No signs of organ issues, infection or vitamin deficiency. Calcium was a bit high but he had a fluid injection 24 hours before blood draw. The only issue noted was dehydration.

Carmelo has shown improvement. He is more stable on the branches, no falls, no longer grabbing his front claws when trying to walk. There were a few incidents of daytime sleeping - could be due to Meloxicam 0.1ml every other day. He had his first all white urate today. No poop attached. Today he ate 1 grasshopper. He is basking and hiding from the mister as usual. The only thing I've changed is his uvb - ReptiSun to Arcadia and using a fogger when temps are low enough.

I think he's very old.

Vet 600.00 - Carmelo PRICELESS
20240315_182953.jpg

Please post a couple of photos so I can see all of him.
Does he have all his toenails?
I’d like to see his feet gripping the branches in the cage too.
Carmelo's xrays and bloodwork came back fine. His calcium was a little high but nothing else. Organs good, no infection, vit levels good. Xrays showed strong dense bones. No arthritis. He is better, not faling - no longer grabbing his front legs. He had a all white urate today and ate 1 grasshopper.

So sorry you’re dealing with this. We are here. He is very loved and I’ve no doubt he will continue to feel loved and comfortable till the end ❤️❤️❤️

Sending hugs to you and strength vibes Carmelo!❤️
He has been so fortunate to have found you, and you have given him the best life and care. As Jan said, it’s so tough when they get to this point. Will be thinking of you.

I can only repeat what has already been said. You’ve taken the best care of your big beautiful guy and given him a wonderful life. I’ve no doubt that you will continue and keep him content and comfortable for however long he is able to remain with you. Although facing an eventual sadness, I hope you are feeling some relief to have an answer as to what has been wrong with him. Celebrate each day, take lots of photos, give lots of treats and fill the space with love. Sending you hugs. ((( 💗 )))

I've found Carmelo asleep during the day. He's had a really good exam with bloodwork and xrays. The Vet found him to be very healthy. I feel like he is in the last chapter of his life. I'm going to do everything possible to keep him happy and comfortable. View attachment 353669
I think this is the best option. Everything else has been ruled out. When they get older they do slow down. We have to remember that Veileds in the wild do not get to the ages we can keep them in captivity.

Back
Top Bottom