We lost power for 21 hours!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Yesterday we had a snow/ice storm all day and into the night! It tore down power lines and tree limbs and the temp in my apartment plummeted to 59 degrees F! Last year I luckily invested in a box of hand warmers that you shake and they get hot. I had Eustis n his cage all night but then today I put him in a small box with a branch poked through it. I activated one of those hand warmers and put it under the box. I kept a close eye to make sure he didn’t get too hot. We got power back about an hour ago and alls well that ends well!😊
The only thing I lost was my silk worms and everything in my fridge and freezer. I think my dubia colony is still alive. I’m going to check them tonight when I feed them.

Yesterday we had a snow/ice storm all day and into the night! It tore down power lines and tree limbs and the temp in my apartment plummeted to 59 degrees F! Last year I luckily invested in a box of hand warmers that you shake and they get hot. I had Eustis n his cage all night but then today I put him in a small box with a branch poked through it. I activated one of those hand warmers and put it under the box. I kept a close eye to make sure he didn’t get too hot. We got power back about an hour ago and alls well that ends well!😊
The only thing I lost was my silk worms and everything in my fridge and freezer. I think my dubia colony is still alive. I’m going to check them tonight when I feed them.
I have a guess where this could be, Maine maybe? My friend has major power outages there. Glad you’re all ok! Rip the silkworms tho

Just a word of warning for next time…if you put the hand warmer UNDER the box/cage make sure that it’s not hot enough to burn the chameleon’s feet if it stands on the spot you put it. I’ve heard of it happening.

So glad your chameleon and insects made it!

He was above the bottom of the box on a stick I stuck through the box for him to perch on but thank you Kinyonga! I was very careful and made sure it wasn’t too hot in the box as well. I kept checking on him.😊

Well we are going to get hit again! This time a nor’easter is coming and will hit tomorrow night with a lot of snow, high winds etc! They say there will be power outages because of the heavy wet snow and high winds. Pray for us all in the northeast! It’s supposed to last through Friday.

Hopefully the storm will end soon and no more storms for the year. Winter needs to go away and let spring happen.
Yes!! The snow has just about stopped! My mother lost power but I still have it here so my pastor went and got her and brought her to me. At least she’s warm now! She’s not thrilled that the living room lights have to be off for Eustis tonight and she can’t watch tv. Oh well.

I’m glad you are all ok! That’s crazy

Thanks guys! Mom has power back so she wanted to go home so I took her home. Just a short time after we got there we had a small earth quake! It wasn’t very strong but it totally surprised us! Maine does have earth quakes but they are pretty rare here. I’ve lived in California so I know what they feel like.

Back
Top Bottom