Out With The Old FR - In With The New!

Thanks for the very nice comments everyone. It really means a lot. Of course I couldn't have done anything without the wonderful people on these forums!

As far as feeding - he only eats like 2 or 3 things a day. I put silkworms, hornworms, superworms, and butterworms on branches or hand feed. And I put crickets in a cup and just hold it up for him. He stopped eating dubia awhile ago, but I'm going to start a green banana colony soon. I'm sure he'll love them! Anything wild-caught I also put on a branch or in a cup.

For hydration and drinking - the mistking goes off 9 minutes at 8am, 7 minutes at noon, and 7 minutes at 4. This keeps the lower plant level at 80% humidity pretty much all day and the upper level fluctuates. Of course that doesn't really matter because he spends his time all over the downstairs of the house.

To solve this problem, I shower him every morning with warm water 20-30 minutes with my Round-up sprayer from Lowe's. It's our quality time together. He loves it, it hydrates him for the day, he cleans his eyes, drinks, really helps during a shed - sometimes I find myself power washing his shed off! He never walks away during a shower except if the water is too cool. Then he waits for me to get warmer water. I learned quickly the temperature that he likes! I think he would sit there longer, but once the water runs out of the sprayer, we're done! If I come down late in the morning, sometimes he is already sitting in his "showering" spot.

That free range is amazing!!!!!!! I would love to have that.

It looks great! I would love to have someting like that one day... :)

Thanks! It wasn't too hard or expensive. It just took awhile because I'm pretty slow at doing things and tend to over think things and change my mind. I pretty much had everything in the garage or took it from the old free range. The only really new things were the Tray Huggers and the two inch hole through my house for convenient drainage!

Back
Top Bottom