Free Ranging Gone Wild

Really now.. I cant say that I have ever seen them there, but that doesnt mean much.:) I will have to go look later today.

Could you give me the dimension on yours D3s5?

Ive seen metal shelving similar to that. i cant say it has wheels or not, but you could probably buy casters for cheap and put them on if you want to.

great little story you made there, i loved it. my favorite pic is the close-up of him looking out the window, he has such a forlorn look goin on.

can he still climb onto the bird cage? im getting horrible thoughts of the parrot getting a hold of his tail or something else within reach, yikes

No, he can't get into the cage, now. And yes, he does get so forlorn when I can't let him out because of the temperature. He climbs on me and leans toward the door. He paces at the door. He scratches at the door. He so tries to communicate "LET ME OUT!" I feel so bad. It probably doesn't help that he sees the bird go out everyday unless it rains. I can't seem to explain to him that the bird is warm-blooded!

No, he can't get into the cage, now. And yes, he does get so forlorn when I can't let him out because of the temperature. He climbs on me and leans toward the door. He paces at the door. He scratches at the door. He so tries to communicate "LET ME OUT!" I feel so bad. It probably doesn't help that he sees the bird go out everyday unless it rains. I can't seem to explain to him that the bird is warm-blooded!

so what im hearing is,
you have a dog in a chameleon costume!
I am also hearing, you need to learn to speak chameleon!

do the head bobbing and weaving to communicate hed die outside!

so what im hearing is,
you have a dog in a chameleon costume!
I am also hearing, you need to learn to speak chameleon!

do the head bobbing and weaving to communicate hed die outside!

LOL! I think you're funny. Phineas, not so much!
a09acb74.jpg

As for being a dog . . I haven't mentioned what it takes to get him OUT of his little maple tree and go back into the house. It's not always pretty. And I have tried the head bobbing to communicate. Now I have two neighbors that won't let their children near my house!

a09acb74.jpg

As for being a dog . . I haven't mentioned what it takes to get him OUT of his little maple tree and go back into the house. It's not always pretty. And I have tried the head bobbing to communicate. Now I have two neighbors that won't let their children near my house!

hahaha, thats going to be me one day XD head bobbing to my chameleons :p

a09acb74.jpg

Well isnt he just a fiesty little boy?

I can just imagine being your neighbor and see you talking to a tree.. (cant see the cham of course) and hear you telling it to get out of that tree right now! come here so i can grab you! damnit now i cant reach! you have to go back inside or you will get too cold! wanna see the birdy?
HAHA.. id probably keep my kids away from you too!

haha yeah my chams have missions of thier own..male has a spot he like to wonder to behind the tv (in front of the other window) and the female goes to my desk lamp to watch me on the computer..the new female just chills in the tree still..:D

awh how cute! loved the stroy :)!! your FR is beautiful.

on another note- chams i think dont like to be alone as much as we may think, clair come and sits on me when i take naps dureing the day (never fail, she WILL sit on me). last time i fell asleep on my floor i woke up to her nudgeing me. i should have my bf take a video one day of her doing that :) i have one of her licking the camra but im too lazy to post it. ^^

awh how cute! loved the stroy :)!! your FR is beautiful.

on another note- chams i think dont like to be alone as much as we may think, clair come and sits on me when i take naps dureing the day (never fail, she WILL sit on me). last time i fell asleep on my floor i woke up to her nudgeing me. i should have my bf take a video one day of her doing that :) i have one of her licking the camra but im too lazy to post it. ^^

now you have to post it.

nice

Wow that's so interesting. I would be so worried to let me chameleon wander around my house. Plus I think he would get stepped on.

This thread is epic!!

Funny thing is My Chams (ALL of them) show intrest in my Umbrella Cockatoo when she is visible to them.

I love it! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. It's absolutely amazing what all these animals can do and the personality they can show when given the chance.

I love it! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. It's absolutely amazing what all these animals can do and the personality they can show when given the chance.

You are so right, Jann! I lurked around these forums for six months before joining. Planned for the cham, cages, FR, food, etc. for months before even deciding on a cham to get. Thought I was ready for anything! HAHAHAHAHA! Oh how naive I was!

this is a great post thanks for sharing with us!
i laughed, i got scared, then i wondered if i would want to attempt a free range ever ;):D

I love this picture story! I was just wondering, where did you get the stand his free range plants and such are on? I can't find the "right one" anywhere!

I love it!! All of it! The cage, his roaming, his 'love' for the bird, the blinds, him! It's all just so awesome!! What a lucky, smart, independent, unique, and personality filled cham!!

Love it mine has started throwing a fit head butting clawing at his cage until I let him crawl across me and onto his favorite curtain hes kinda starting to act like his 3 year old keeper lol!

Cham that acts like a dog... amazing. Never seen a cham bask on the carpet in front of a door before! My ambilobe used to hang out in the window racks all the time. Your cham has quite the personality it looks like. Lucky little guy! The free range is awesome btw.

Back
Top Bottom