Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

Enclosure containing Delilah (Female Nosy Be)
and Dexter (Male Nosy Faly](Right)

Not the most current photos and as many can say it's never "finished"​

Attachments

• 20190818_193744.jpg
    20190818_193744.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 386
  • 20190818_193755.jpg
    20190818_193755.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 398
  • 20190818_193716.jpg
    20190818_193716.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 404
This Marley’s natural bioactive terrarium, I tried the reptile breeze but couldn’t get the humidity right living were we do and now it’s perfect all the time. Marley is a 5 month old nosy B panther

Attachments

• DC4DD15E-9BB4-417A-94CC-9B0572BB633B.jpeg
    DC4DD15E-9BB4-417A-94CC-9B0572BB633B.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 355
Here is our setup! This is our first foray into retiles so we did a lot of research. The wood is oak and the back is a false rock that is made for aquariums, the sides are plexiglass and the top and front is solid mesh. I have double aluminum screen mesh on top, so I placed a t5 10.0 uvb bulb to break through the barrier. also has a small heat lamp around 8ish inches from the basking branch. He seems to like the space but I would like to know if I should add some plants or move the ones that are on the bottom to the top?
tempImagesai2Mb.jpg
tempImagecuqCIq.jpg

Here is our setup! This is our first foray into retiles so we did a lot of research. The wood is oak and the back is a false rock that is made for aquariums, the sides are plexiglass and the top and front is solid mesh. I have double aluminum screen mesh on top, so I placed a t5 10.0 uvb bulb to break through the barrier. also has a small heat lamp around 8ish inches from the basking branch. He seems to like the space but I would like to know if I should add some plants or move the ones that are on the bottom to the top?View attachment 341741View attachment 341742
Hi! Welcome! It looks really beautiful! I think the more plants the better! I would add some more to give him more coverage and a feeling of security. You did a beautiful job

Hi! Welcome! It looks really beautiful! I think the more plants the better! I would add some more to give him more coverage and a feeling of security. You did a beautiful job
Maybe some more chameleon highways as well (branches) ☺️

Here is our setup! This is our first foray into retiles so we did a lot of research. The wood is oak and the back is a false rock that is made for aquariums, the sides are plexiglass and the top and front is solid mesh. I have double aluminum screen mesh on top, so I placed a t5 10.0 uvb bulb to break through the barrier. also has a small heat lamp around 8ish inches from the basking branch. He seems to like the space but I would like to know if I should add some plants or move the ones that are on the bottom to the top?View attachment 341741View attachment 341742
Looking great... You might add more branches and plants so baby can really utilize the entire space.

Just keep in mind just one layer of aluminum window screen will reduce UVB output by about 40%. I would be concerned about using 2. Even with the 10.0 bulb. Because with a 10.0 T5 UVB bulb your looking for a distance of about 11-12 inches to the basking branch from the bottom of the fixture to put a cham in a 3.0 UVI zone. I run my fixture parallel to my highest branch so the cham lines up with the UVB exactly. But when you add that extra layer of screen I do not think you will get the UVI level you really need to have.

Could I put the light inside the enclosure?
You do not want to do that. Your UVI exposure will be much too high and for safety reasons its always best to have them outside.

Was there a reason you used two layers of aluminum window screen? What is the current distance from the bottom of the fixture on the screen to the branch below?

You do not want to do that. Your UVI exposure will be much too high and for safety reasons its always best to have them outside.

Was there a reason you used two layers of aluminum window screen? What is the current distance from the bottom of the fixture on the screen to the branch below?
it was a structural decision. To give it more strength to hold the weight of the light. I can remove one of the layers and fine a solution to hold the light

it was a structural decision. To give it more strength to hold the weight of the light. I can remove one of the layers and fine a solution to hold the light
Remove one layer... Then to make it stronger you can get a large gauge metal. They have it at home depot from 1/4 to 1inch squares. Get what you feel will be best for strength. But this will allow the light to pass through that layer without the extreme reduction. Then with that 10.0 bulb you want to make sure you have 11-12 inches between the branch and the uvb lighting on top.

Remove one layer... Then to make it stronger you can get a large gauge metal. They have it at home depot from 1/4 to 1inch squares. Get what you feel will be best for strength. But this will allow the light to pass through that layer without the extreme reduction. Then with that 10.0 bulb you want to make sure you have 11-12 inches between the branch and the uvb lighting on top.
I'll do that! thank you!

Back
Top Bottom