Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

12x12x24 Housing 2 approx 6 month old Veilded males.

Attachments

• 11738019_10153177005847655_6485476328335274836_n.jpg
    11738019_10153177005847655_6485476328335274836_n.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 294
This is a new, more permanent cage for our veiled. Got a new dresser/entertainment center and decided to turn out old one into her enclosure. Been working on it for a few months now and am nearly finished. All it lacks is the glass doors that I am going to put on the front after getting them cut. As well as lighting and a few fake vines. Nearly done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 373
Sorry, couldn't figure out how to post multiple attachments from my phone. I have many more photos of the process and everything. If anyone is interested just let me know and I'll upload them from my computer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 358
Are the sides glass as well? If you read around you'll quickly notice that it's all about the screens. In fact, they're necessary in an enclosure. It's really nice though. All glass sides no es bueno.

Are the sides glass as well? If you read around you'll quickly notice that it's all about the screens. In fact, they're necessary in an enclosure. It's really nice though. All glass sides no es bueno.

No, both sides and top are aluminum screening.

Probably should've included info too lol.
It's a 24"x24" cabinet from lowes, the cage is 24x24x36,the bottom is pitched slightly to pull any water to the back drain,the drain has a tail pipe that empties into a 5 gallon bucket in the cabinet. The cabinet will also hold my mist king systems pump and water bucket,water is provided by a rodi unit I use for my reef tank to mix salt water. The sides and doors are charcoal aluminum screen and the top is ply wood that will have lights recessed into it. The back wall will have mopani wood mounted to it with vines interconnecting them as well as a few live plants,I have a large Petra for the main plant and a bromeliad as well.
There's a fogger hidden in the cabinet thst will run out the back and the hose will come through the back wall and hidden by plants to have a nice fog effect.

My setup

Hey guys! I'm new here. This is my first set up and its definitely not complete. We're going to take out the bottom panel and rest it on top of the planter and add a second cage on top of this one for more height.

Attachments

• IMG_3358.jpg
    IMG_3358.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_3359.jpg
    IMG_3359.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_3360.jpg
    IMG_3360.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_3361.jpg
    IMG_3361.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_3363.jpg
    IMG_3363.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 314
looks good.Becarful with those small rocks at the bottom,theres a good chance he may eat them at some point.When my panther was young he ate a really good sized polished stone and luckily passed it.

looks good.Becarful with those small rocks at the bottom,theres a good chance he may eat them at some point.When my panther was young he ate a really good sized polished stone and luckily passed it.
He cup feeds so hadn't thought that the rocks would be an issue but, I'm going to be covering this with something when we elevate the cage. I'm not sure what yet. Do you think that the exo terra moss rolls would be a good option? I just ordered more plants so I can hang small pots on the sides of the cage. What's the best way to cover the soil?

i just use rocks that are too big for them to swallow. you can also use thin plasic netting to cover the soil.I never used moss so I couldn't help on that one

Feeder cup

My temporary feeder cup mounting solution. How do y'all attach your feeder cups? Sorry, I keep trying to rotate the picture and it's not working out.

Attachments

• IMG_3385.jpg
    IMG_3385.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 250
Back
Top Bottom