Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

Question

I recently purchased my first chameleon and I was wondering if I can put regular tree branches in there? Meaning like freshly cut off of a tree. Also my chameleon has been like scratching her legs against the vines or the walls of her cage, is that normal?

Decided to try my hand at wood working again. My skills with the power saw and measurements is not the best, so I was stoked to see how this project is progressing. I'm about 3/4 of the way through, with some sanding still to go, but I couldn't resist putting on a coat of stain to see what it was going to look like. :D

I've built a stand and the top is a free standing frame to wrap my Reptibreeze cage. I'm hoping to finish it up in the next few weekends and start on my outside setup which will be similar.

Attachments

• Stand Build.jpg
    Stand Build.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 395
Here's my setup, I just finished the base cabinet, and will be installing the hood in the next few days. Right now my panther is shedding.

Does everything look ok? Should I add, or change anything?

Attachments

• IMG_4190.jpg
    IMG_4190.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_4192-1.jpg
    IMG_4192-1.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_4186.jpg
    IMG_4186.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_4188.jpg
    IMG_4188.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_4187.jpg
    IMG_4187.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 312
Just finished my new enclosure need more fake plants, and cant wait for my live ones to grow somemore any other suggestions?
ee15db7dd3bab130c780a41d4fef5cc3.jpg

I just finished building this. Its 36.5 x 25.5 x 48". I used a large concrete mixing tub as my base with a bulkhead installed. Mistking installed. I used the shrink wrap you get for insulating windows on the sides and back to keep the humidity up and the heat in. It should look a lot better in a few months when the plants fill in.

1a87036cb95fedb91956e2e4b6a77517.jpg

55914660d1d8b8d88ec92c93820eb18e.jpg

Just finished my new enclosure need more fake plants, and cant wait for my live ones to grow somemore any other suggestions?
ee15db7dd3bab130c780a41d4fef5cc3.jpg

You need horizontal climbing branches that vary in distance from the basking bulb. One vine will not do it.

Fully finished!! Finally! Now just waiting for tax returns =)

Hope you enjoy

Attachments

• GOPR2320.jpg
    GOPR2320.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 345
  • GOPR2321.jpg
    GOPR2321.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 353
  • GOPR2322.jpg
    GOPR2322.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 358
Cage for baby Veiled Chameleons

Made this quick enclosure for new 2 month old veiled Chams.
I made 2 of these,but, am keeping both Chams in this one for now.
I will make different one as they get larger.
20150312_151706.jpg

I like the open area at the top, especially for feeding. But don't be afraid to crowd the middle of it with more foliage. They'll enjoy the cover. The biggest thing is the option for them to choose.

New setup work in progress

I just finished with most of it.Still have to add the monsoon tomorrow and get a light fixture. Let me know what you think or have any suggestions feel free to comment.

Attachments

• IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 296
Reptibreeze Medium for my 3 month old male veiled. It's got 2 live Scheffleras, 5m of doubled up Komodo 10mm jungle vine, 2 large branches attached to the sides with wire, and 4.5m of Zoo Med's 25W Repti Heat Cable running throughout the enclosure. To help maintain the humidity I've loosely wrapped a shower curtain around the outside of the enclosure. For lighting he has an Exo Terra hood which houses a 25W and a 13w Exo Terra UVB 100 bulbs.

Attachments

• 20150322_132720[1].jpg
    20150322_132720[1].jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 318
  • 20150322_132736[1].jpg
    20150322_132736[1].jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 314
Here is some pics of my little bud's new home...I have been working on it for about two months. I would love some feedback to hopefully justify the hours and money spent!....I started with an solid wood heavy entertainment center my sister donated in my basement when she got a flat screen.....didn't want to see it go to waste so I decided to convert it to new home for "Boyd"...I cut out the sides, doors and top and made custom screens to fit....then I outfitted it with a mistking premium system and converted one of the drawers to a acrylic lined water tank and hid the pump and stuff behind the drawers. I also added a digital hygrotherm and a fogger to keep the humidity automatically controlled. The rest of the systems are hidden on top....the unit had the perfect recess at the top. I am a bit ocd and I wanted a clean automatic system. Inside is vinyl with a floor graphic lamination for easy clean up....the inside back is picture of a jungle printed on polystyrene with a floor guard lam as well. I custom made a tree from an apple tree I cut down with fake leaves and vines....once again maintenance free. All misting and lights are timed and fully auto....let me know what you think!.....thanks!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 380
  • FullSizeRender3.jpg
    FullSizeRender3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 392
  • FullSizeRender2.jpg
    FullSizeRender2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_1228.jpg
    IMG_1228.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 367
Here is some pics of my little bud's new home...I have been working on it for about two months. I would love some feedback to hopefully justify the hours and money spent!....I started with an solid wood heavy entertainment center my sister donated in my basement when she got a flat screen.....didn't want to see it go to waste so I decided to convert it to new home for "Boyd"...I cut out the sides, doors and top and made custom screens to fit....then I outfitted it with a mistking premium system and converted one of the drawers to a acrylic lined water tank and hid the pump and stuff behind the drawers. I also added a digital hygrotherm and a fogger to keep the humidity automatically controlled. The rest of the systems are hidden on top....the unit had the perfect recess at the top. I am a bit ocd and I wanted a clean automatic system. Inside is vinyl with a floor graphic lamination for easy clean up....the inside back is picture of a jungle printed on polystyrene with a floor guard lam as well. I custom made a tree from an apple tree I cut down with fake leaves and vines....once again maintenance free. All misting and lights are timed and fully auto....let me know what you think!.....thanks!

I am new to chams so I cannot speak to function, but this setup looks AMAZING!!!! I purchased an armoire last night to do the same thing after seeing your post a while back so I would really like to know how it's going for you with the humidity and everything. Mine has wrought iron gates for the doors that I will screen. I'm really interested in how your humidity levels are and what wattage bulbs you are using as mine looks to be about the same size (4'w, 7'h, 2' deep). Thanks for sharing, this idea is what got me the "go-ahead" and got my wife on board! (well that and actually taking her to a herp show and getting her to see/hold some chameleons)

New Custom Cage

Im a new member here, but I've been keeping chameleons for quite some time.

This is a custom hybrid breeder cage from Dragon Strand. I contacted Bill Strand (Great guy!)
and he helped me get what I had in mind.
It is 5ft tall, 23.75 in wide, and 23 in deep.
It is sitting on a 24x24 in planter that is 20 in tall.
the floor of the enclosure is planted with:
Schefflera
Pothos
Parlor Palm
Spider plant
babytears
On the inside back, I glued a flora felt living wall planter, with a reservoir from amazon.com. It has a total of 8 pockets. I did not want to experiment with 'nice' plants so I just planted 6 various types of pothos and 2 large bromeliads.
Also, 6 magnaturals small planters, with small bromeliads.

For the vines, i used 2 large and 2 small eco terra vines, in which i twisted them together. Also used 8 kammerflage chameleons (chameleonsonly.com) branches. GREAT quality!

The top section also has 4 grapwood bird branches, that a 'screwed' on the dragon strand hybrid shelves.
There are zoo med cork backgrounds siliconed to the sides. for decoration and increase humidity.

Im using a mist-king, currently there is only one single nozzle, but ill be adding a quad unit, to ensure that the whole cage get 'wet'. The mist-king water reservoir is a 44 gallon, brute container, to ensure that the cage can sustain itself for a long period of time. As I do travel a lot.

Lighting: I purchased Arcadia bulbs and domes from lightyourreptiles.com
Todd, is the most helpful and informative person to speak to in regards t lighting, and his products (Arcadia) are truly amazing.

100W mercury vapor bulb
75W halogen bulb
12% uvb.
and the uvb fixture is the zoomed UVB/LED fixture.

My chameleon, is an adult male nosy be panther.

P.S.
I used the arcadia uvb on my chameleons previous cage, and honestly noticed a difference within hours after installing the bulb.

Attachments

• IMG_4640.jpg
    IMG_4640.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_4641.jpg
    IMG_4641.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_4642.jpg
    IMG_4642.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_4643.jpg
    IMG_4643.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_4644.jpg
    IMG_4644.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 342
Casa De Spike

His cage is coming along... Here are some pix of our progress...

Custom cage with drainage system and lighting system:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 262
  • FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 264
  • FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 240
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg