Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

How'd I'd do on my first cage build ?

First cage build for a Veiled chameleon I had purchase at my local pet shop in Southern California .
4tt Tall X 2ft wide
Jungle theme I came up with as I put together the cage
The cage is actually made out of 3 pound density polystyrene foam that my styro company uses for aerospace drone planes. On back of cage I laid stone on wall for a different back ground . Screened top and both sides of cage and did a plexi class door on front of cage. I build a wood frame inside cage sides front and top in order to mount screens secure and durable.
install monsoon hs 400 mister and love it .
Please give me some more ideas for this cage. What to watch out for etc .
Plants I have are a Camellia and Pothos that are in pots as of now with a drain tray on bottom

Lights are 2 26w uvb builds and I uva blue 100watt basking bulb

Any ideas are helpful
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
4x2x2 housing a female veiled, cant see her she is about 3 months. Had her in here since she was a few weeks and she has had no issues hunting and thriving. I'll post some shots of her tomorrow it's late and she's already in her sleeping spot. Was going to use the little table as a stand but the cage soars into the sky and obstructs the view, going to build a custom stand with drainage to hold two 4x2x2 enclosures when I get a male.
IMG_20151026_195815.jpg

Just thought I'd share a few photos of mine, plus the little dude himself. Let me know if you have any questions/critique. Thanks!

Some specs:
-Dragonstrand keeper large with drainage tray
- Mistking system with rain nozzle setup in rear and newly installed misting nozzle in the front left
- 24" HO T5 Double fixture w/ Arcadia 6% and 6.5K daylight

Attachments

• Photo Dec 03, 7 23 07 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 03, 7 23 07 PM.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 492
  • Photo Dec 12, 9 56 04 AM.jpg
    Photo Dec 12, 9 56 04 AM.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 353
  • Photo Dec 02, 7 18 35 AM.jpg
    Photo Dec 02, 7 18 35 AM.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 376
Just thought I'd share a few photos of mine, plus the little dude himself. Let me know if you have any questions/critique. Thanks!

Some specs:
-Dragonstrand keeper large with drainage tray
- Mistking system with rain nozzle setup in rear and newly installed misting nozzle in the front left
- 24" HO T5 Double fixture w/ Arcadia 6% and 6.5K daylight
Is some of that vine the stuff with fake moss on it? Just wondering because I got some and I'm skeptical about using it!

Nice clean setup! I need a plastic table to set up a drainage for my cage, mine looks clumsy compared to yours! Lol.. Nice Cham too.

Yeah I'm not sure about it myself. It looks nice but my panther hasn't touched it. I've had it for like a month or so.
I'm just concerned that mine ( or yours) could ingest it by accident and end up with health problems. I wonder why yours hasn't touched it...hmm.

I'm just concerned that mine ( or yours) could ingest it by accident and end up with health problems. I wonder why yours hasn't touched it...hmm.
Hmm yeah. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. If anything I may replace it after some time passes if he never bothers with it. I want something he'll want to use for walking.

I made mine myself, it has plenty of air flow but im still thinking on tweaking it a little bit more :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 194
Hmm yeah. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. If anything I may replace it after some time passes if he never bothers with it. I want something he'll want to use for walking.
Definitely let me know how's yours acts and if it decides to use. I'd like to hang some it looks great, like I said though, I'm skeptical about it!

Back
Top Bottom