Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

Here is some pics of my little bud's new home...I have been working on it for about two months. I would love some feedback to hopefully justify the hours and money spent!....I started with an solid wood heavy entertainment center my sister donated in my basement when she got a flat screen.....didn't want to see it go to waste so I decided to convert it to new home for "Boyd"...I cut out the sides, doors and top and made custom screens to fit....then I outfitted it with a mistking premium system and converted one of the drawers to a acrylic lined water tank and hid the pump and stuff behind the drawers. I also added a digital hygrotherm and a fogger to keep the humidity automatically controlled. The rest of the systems are hidden on top....the unit had the perfect recess at the top. I am a bit ocd and I wanted a clean automatic system. Inside is vinyl with a floor graphic lamination for easy clean up....the inside back is picture of a jungle printed on polystyrene with a floor guard lam as well. I custom made a tree from an apple tree I cut down with fake leaves and vines....once again maintenance free. All misting and lights are timed and fully auto....let me know what you think!.....thanks!

That looks amazing!! I'm about to start an armoire cage myself. Yours is gorgeous!! What did you do for drainage?

My 1st Chameleon! A male veiled cham, Herbert! Thinking he's almost two? We were told one when I got him. His recently upgraded duds. Basking spots' behind small pothos, back right corner and one big tall pothos on the bottom. We rigged the humidifier with a funnel and tubing and it's awesome. Works so well.He does actually drink from a water bowl sometimes, always has. image.jpeg image.jpeg Puffed up for a picture a bit ago.

If anyone cares to tell me how he and the enclosure looks, I'm all ears! Learning so much from this wonderful forum and community!!!

Your enclosure looks nice I would put a little more plants, and vines for climbing if it were me. Your boy looks fantastic! Just curious do you have a UVB bulb?

Your enclosure looks nice I would put a little more plants, and vines for climbing if it were me. Your boy looks fantastic! Just curious do you have a UVB bulb?
Thanks for the advise! I think I'll get another pothos to put up high then! I love the bendable fake vines I got, a lot are toward the bottom where you can't see very well in this picture but yes, maybe one more. I do have a coil UVB and will probably upgrade to the tube version when it's time for it to be replaced next month anyway..,although I see the advise go back and forth a bit on whether or not they have fixed the issues with the coil UVB bulbs...now that he has a proper home I guess it would be worth it so that more of his enclosure is covered anyway, right?

He's pretty docile and easy to handle. I think he looks really healthy but want to know from others with experience! He used to move and try and jump off my hands into nowhere when he was still growing a lot. He also seems to have caught on that he doesn't even have to open his mouth, just lunge at me now, when he's mad I'm messing around in there because I still flinch everytime anyway!

What do people mean when they call their chameleon "banded" something? Are those the colors that run horizontally on some chams? He's not banded anything right?

Thanks for the advise! I think I'll get another pothos to put up high then! I love the bendable fake vines I got, a lot are toward the bottom where you can't see very well in this picture but yes, maybe one more. I do have a coil UVB and will probably upgrade to the tube version when it's time for it to be replaced next month anyway..,although I see the advise go back and forth a bit on whether or not they have fixed the issues with the coil UVB bulbs...now that he has a proper home I guess it would be worth it so that more of his enclosure is covered anyway, right?

He's pretty docile and easy to handle. I think he looks really healthy but want to know from others with experience! He used to move and try and jump off my hands into nowhere when he was still growing a lot. He also seems to have caught on that he doesn't even have to open his mouth, just lunge at me now, when he's mad I'm messing around in there because I still flinch everytime anyway!

What do people mean when they call their chameleon "banded" something? Are those the colors that run horizontally on some chams? He's not banded anything right?
Yah not sure what they are talking about, but what you described makes sense. You boy looks real healthy and doesn't have any issues I can see.

Love everyone's set ups! Here's mine, simple for now, will be free range once I redo the room.

Attachments

• edited_20151109_170413_zps9ylwd3ag.JPG
    edited_20151109_170413_zps9ylwd3ag.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 318
Just moved Mr. Miyagi into a brand new home made cage! I'm gonna run out tomorrow and get some more furnishings, but what do you guys think of it? What should I put in?
IMG_20160105_204445.jpg

That's nice! I would put as many vines and live plants you can fit. Some suggestions would be a Pothos, rubber tree (Schefflera), Ficus tree, Hibiscus (Chinese rose). I like the Pothos the best virtually indestructible.

I have a male baby Veiled that is about 2 months old. He is housed in a Zoo Med ReptiBreeze Open Air Black Aluminum Screen Cage; Small - (16"L x 16"W x 20"H)... I have a 18" 15 watt Reptisun 5.0 UVB and a 60 watt Zoo Med Daylight Blue Reptile Bulb positioned on top of the cage. I also have a Little Dripper that is not pictured. I have a live Ficus and Umbrella plant(Umbrella plant was purchased and placed inside of the habitat after these pics were taken), a small reptile vine and some fake vining plants wrapped around the reptile vine. The vine is placed around the enclosure from 8" from the basking spot, through the Ficus plant in the middle, to the bottom. I also have 4 wooden rods that I purchased from a craft store positioned in the same fashion that are fastened in place with wooden tacks that are outside of the enclosure. I removed the PVC bottom from the Reptibreeze and just put a terrarium screen under the enclosure in order to have better drainage. It sits on top of a lavatory. The lavatory combo (includes the sink) was pretty cheap. It was $45 at home depot. It looks nice and neat and works really well. I can also store things inside of the cabinet. The water drips right through the terrarium screen, into the sink and drains into the bucket inside of the cabinet below. I took these pictures after sundown. I clicked on the heat bulb briefly in order to have better lighting for the pictures. I turn on the UVB and heat bulb at 7 a.m. and turn them off at around 7 p.m. I just wanted to clarify why the heat bulb was on without the UVB in the pics below. :)

DSC08346_zps258b6371.jpg

DSC08353_zps5f6ced6b.jpg

DSC08341_zpsd060b345.jpg

DSC08344_zps0d7aa889.jpg

DSC08306_zpsf9d6f377.jpg

DSC08308_zps61389d85.jpg

DSC08339_zps0d39ec56.jpg
Hi! I just have one comment, and not about the setup. I saw a vitamin powder on one of the pics. I use the same, and I'd like to say that when I last been to the vet I brought it with me and she told me that it's quite a good one, but I need to keep it in the refrigerator, otherwise it's not going to work properly. Just thought to mention that, in case you didn't know. Cute cham, by the way :)

2.5 months of testing and adding
Finally animal ready except for cup feeder!
Photo immediately after a good misting.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is my Reptar's new big girl enclosure since she's getting close to egg laying age. I got her a big cage and finished furnishing when I got home today. A couple more vines are coming but I don't know if I will actually need them.

Attachments

• 20160113_155819.jpg
    20160113_155819.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 308
Here is my Reptar's new big girl enclosure since she's getting close to egg laying age. I got her a big cage and finished furnishing when I got home today. A couple more vines are coming but I don't know if I will actually need them.
I'd ditch the mossy vines. They can cause impactation. She could ingest the moss while hunting or just eat it. She is a veiled after all. Unless you've used them before without problems.

I'd ditch the mossy vines. They can cause impactation. She could ingest the moss while hunting or just eat it. She is a veiled after all. Unless you've used them before without problems.
I havent had any issues with the moss and she doesn't hunt, I have a feeding cup since the crickets were figuring out how to get under the floor of the cage and she couldn't find them.

Back
Top Bottom