Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

That's an awesome setup! What are you using for the siding?

Yeah, amazing set up! I'm personally really curious in addition to this guys question. What do you do about drainage and poop? Do you just go through every individual cage and collect all the urate/poop? I use to have a little fruit fly problem.

CageJune12th2014_zps642b8ad1.jpg

I haven't posted in ages, I'm sorry! I still have to come here and check on stuff though, most recently drainage ideas.

We moved house a couple of weeks ago, this is Ivy's current setup. I added some artificial grass today, it makes it look so much nicer! The lower half is bare, fairly intentionally. There was a huge schefflera in there but she never climbed on it. I set it up so the pot was beneath the table, and intended her to use it as a lay box, because it was perfect. Obviously she's a pink ball of spite, so she laid in her hanging pothos instead. I took the hint and removed the schefflera, which was dying despite the grow lights.

I've ordered a stainless steel drainage tray from Amazon which I'm hoping I can put her enclosure into to make draining the waste water a bit easier. At the moment I just have a hole drilled in the flat plastic base, so water still pools there despite my attempts to bend it or prop it.

She seems to be a very happy tiny pink ball of spite! She needs more branches, but who doesn't... I'm always switching them around when I find new ones.

e6eheher.jpg

Here's Grimbold's Free Range

Finally got my USB Cable so thought I'd start by posting Grimbold's Free Range. The Potho's literally grow over my bed. Grimbold ALWAYS poops in the same spot (over the floor - not my bed), so I just keep paper towels down. That guy hasn't miss yet.

I have two UVB's and two Basking Lights. The Potho's container is in the cage and the entire plant has grown nearly 12 feet across my ceiling.

Grimbold's drinking plant is inside his cage and I keep the dripper going all day. He comes and goes to drink at his leisure.

Gosh, I sure hope I uploaded these pics correctly....

Attachments

• GrimboldAllie 033.jpg
    GrimboldAllie 033.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 468
  • GrimboldAllie 001.jpg
    GrimboldAllie 001.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 458
  • GrimboldAllie 003.jpg
    GrimboldAllie 003.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 474
  • GrimboldAllie 008.jpg
    GrimboldAllie 008.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 505
  • GrimboldAllie 009.jpg
    GrimboldAllie 009.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 443
Wow, there are some really creative and beautiful set-ups here,

This is my first, I don't even have a pet for it yet as I want it to be perfect before I move a Charm in. I still need to add a few vines for him to climb on yet, tomorrow is another day.

Nice setup SS! Having the pothos on the ground is interesting. Mine hangs in the centre and is a nuisance when I try to put small trees in there, it never looks right. I'd love more live plants in there though, if only to give the tiny spite ball more options for egg-laying. Killed my second schefflera recently. Despite grow-lights! Pothos is happy as a clam, even though it has a fair few fluff aphids refusing to be evicted.

Nice setup SS! Having the pothos on the ground is interesting. Mine hangs in the centre and is a nuisance when I try to put small trees in there, it never looks right. I'd love more live plants in there though, if only to give the tiny spite ball more options for egg-laying. Killed my second schefflera recently. Despite grow-lights! Pothos is happy as a clam, even though it has a fair few fluff aphids refusing to be evicted.

Thanks, my thought with the Pothos is to try to get it to climb up the side to the top

Having the pothos on the ground is interesting. Mine hangs in the centre and is a nuisance when I try to put small trees in there, it never looks right. I'd love more live plants in there though

I'm doing the same have the pothos on the bottom and let it grow up but i have a wandering jew hanging. with a hibiscus and scheffera. finishing up tomorrow with some branches and will be posting pics

My cage

image.jpg

Here is my setup. It's a 24x24x48 with a umbrella tree plant in the cage. Have a basking bulb and a few UVA and UVB bulbs. Have a mist king and big dripper. Any feed back would be great.

Thank you

Custom stand and drainage tray...

I recently worked on the stand and drainage tray for the two screen enclosures I have. I customized an extra metal shelving unit that I wasn't using in the garage. This one I used because it has big casters on it and would make it easy to go in and out of my screened in porch for the cooler months here in FL. I cut the length down to a manageable height with my chop saw and metal cutting blade. I built the drip pan out of 2x4's and 1/4" luan underlayment that was flexed to create a water path the a small bar drain. I caulked the joints let cure, and then sprayed the entire pan and edges w/ the Flex Seal stuff in a can. So far my plan has worked perfectly. Even though the pan slants to the middle in all 4 directions, I cut pieces of PVC pipe the right length for all 4 corners of each cage to make both enclosure level and up off the floor of the drip pan. There is about a 1/2" slant from the outside edge to the middle where the drain is located.

Attachments

• 2014-09-14 12.32.08.jpg
    2014-09-14 12.32.08.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 379
Well, I guess it's my turn to add to this thread...now that it's done.

I took a large bird cage and tuned it into my Panther's cage. It is one of the solid cages for a small parrot. It has it's owns stand, a dome top with an opening, food cups and holders, as well as a bottom grate with a tray under it.

I basically sewed screen to the sides and across the top(leaving some room for the UVB and heat lamp to be inside the cage but outside the screen). For now I have put repti carpet on the bottom until he just a bit bigger so that he can't get through the grate bars on the bottom that lead to the drip pan. I also attached the cup holder to the side and it is perfect to feed dubia in.

He has been in it for 2 days now and is settled in very well. He is exploring all the space he has and found the food cup immediately!

I have a ficus in the center and fake vines and one sting of fake leaves. And I have the fogger tube going in on the side towards the top.

I would love to know what you all think.

Apparently I can't attach thumbnails of pictures I have already put on another thread. So for now, the rest of the pics can be found on my thread that is in General Discussion- Getting Baby on Tuesday!

Unless anyone can tell me how to just put a picture in the text pace like I have seen others do.

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 483
Enclosure for a 9 month Ambilobe panther.
Cage is a llreptile 2x2x4
Light is a lightyourreptiles quad setup w/ acadia 6% accompanied by a 75 watt basking lamp
Aquazamp raindome
Bamboo background with various airplants and I can not remember the name of the large plant.

What do you guys think?
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom