Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

This is Baobab's (Ambilobe) and Brut's (Nosy be) terrariums. You can also see my female terrarium. A legend says that it is inhabited by Peach (Ambilobe female) :D... She is always hidden behind the big plant. She only goes out when she hunts. But I love her. My ambilobe male was rescued from a terrible conditions. He was extremely skinny, dehydrated and has deformed tail due to lack of D3 and calcium. I can't believe somebody can be so cruel. He is the sweetest chameleom I've ever met. He loves to hang on my shoulder for hours and wants to go out whenever he sees. I have free range for them as well, because their terrariums are not that big. Tomorrow I am going to build them outside screen enclosures.
IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg
IMG_2332.jpg
IMG_2329.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2316.JPG
    IMG_2316.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 345
This is my boy's cage. Still gonna add a few more flowers for color but under all that green there's tons of branches he can climb on as there's some awesome driftwood that we tied together to simulate a tree. He really seems to love it :)

Attachments

• tmp_30200-DSC_02711509639175.JPG
    tmp_30200-DSC_02711509639175.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 438
Here's our boys cage. It's an zoo med, repti breeze large. Have just put a lil fountain in there to encourage him to drink and planning on covering 2 of the sides with Cork tile for climbing. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0404.JPG
    DSC_0404.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 419
@PandoraExplorer I have the same kind of cage as you do, I bought the Galapagos Mossy Terrarium Sticks, in 18," which was 2" longer than my cage width, from amazon. They have one pointed end on them, I angled them all so the pointed end was lower then I poked that end into the side of the cage and settled the flat end against the other side, moat stayed fine like that, some I used some small jewellery wire to hold them, although that does pull and tear the mesh slightly. They are basically just moss covered scewers though, so if you want to go cheaper without the moss you could buy kabob scewers and cut to size with some tree trimmers or really good utility scissors.

I found out that making the cage is almost as enjoyable as getting and caring for the chameleon. If it wasn't for painting! !!!:mad: hate painting!

So many beautiful enclosures in this thread! I realize these pictures I am posting are very much a duplicate to my own last thread, but I wanted to add them to the "official enclosure thread"!!! This enclosure is 46" wide x 46" high x 24" front to back, inside dimensions. Front glass door was removed for the photo to eliminate reflections. The cham is a verrucosus.

IMG_7256.JPG

IMG_7257.JPG

Last edited:
I've converted this display cabinet into an enclosure. I took out the glass on the sides and put plasti-coat coated hardware cloth. I left glass on the front which helps keep humidity in.

I have wired bathroom vanity lights to the top. (I'm going to recess them soon, so he can't grab onto them when he's bigger. I just have to figure out how to do it!) They are powerful ones from Home Depot, capable of 100watt bulbs in each slot.

I'm planning to plasti-coat the back wall, as soon as I get a second enclosure built. I'm also currently building a moveable outdoor enclosure that I can wrap around potted trees and move. Hopefully I can make the idea in my head work out!

I don't know if I'll keep this enclosure into Groot's adulthood or not. It's got plenty of square-footage, but I don't know that it's deep enough...

Attachments

• IMG_20170615_081108.jpg
    IMG_20170615_081108.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 350
Back
Top Bottom