Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

Whatd you use to waterproof your wood by chance? It looks awesome

Here is some pics of my little bud's new home...I have been working on it for about two months. I would love some feedback to hopefully justify the hours and money spent!....I started with an solid wood heavy entertainment center my sister donated in my basement when she got a flat screen.....didn't want to see it go to waste so I decided to convert it to new home for "Boyd"...I cut out the sides, doors and top and made custom screens to fit....then I outfitted it with a mistking premium system and converted one of the drawers to a acrylic lined water tank and hid the pump and stuff behind the drawers. I also added a digital hygrotherm and a fogger to keep the humidity automatically controlled. The rest of the systems are hidden on top....the unit had the perfect recess at the top. I am a bit ocd and I wanted a clean automatic system. Inside is vinyl with a floor graphic lamination for easy clean up....the inside back is picture of a jungle printed on polystyrene with a floor guard lam as well. I custom made a tree from an apple tree I cut down with fake leaves and vines....once again maintenance free. All misting and lights are timed and fully auto....let me know what you think!.....thanks!

There should be NO lights and heat is likely not needed at night. Chameleons do very well with a nightly drop into the 50sF and the red light interrupts their circadian rhythm and causes stress. They may seem fine and sleep, but it is not good for them. Those red bulbs are also extremely drying to the air and humidity rises at night, not falls, due to clouds and fog, dew, and denser, cooler air.

Couple more tweeks here and there but it's commin along

Attachments

• IMG_2209.PNG
    IMG_2209.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 283
First day in new outdoor enclosure. Connected misting system to outdoor hose and a timer.

Attachments

• IMG_4705.JPG
    IMG_4705.JPG
    277.4 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_4706.JPG
    IMG_4706.JPG
    408.3 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_4707.JPG
    IMG_4707.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 326
What kind of plant is covering your back wall? Is it fake? Where did you get it? Also what kind of synthetic vine are you using?
Yea the ones in the far upper back are all plastic vines from Zoomed. The bendable climbing vines are from Flukers.

Can anyone tell me how you get the "rock like" effect on the back of the cages?
It's a foam called "great stuff"! its made to seal up holes in ponds etc. u spray the foam where u want usually around potted plants and let dry. Dragonstrand.com has a tutorial on this check it out if your interested, it's under the advanced setup!

It's a foam called "great stuff"! its made to seal up holes in ponds etc. u spray the foam where u want usually around potted plants and let dry. Dragonstrand.com has a tutorial on this check it out if your interested, it's under the advanced setup!
Thanks! I just read it, good info!

Converted curio cabinet for a Jackson's. The front and back are screen, the sides are plexiglass to help retain humidity. Perches are collected driftwood, and two widths of vines. Shelves on the sides hold potted plants. Eye screws are scattered over the top, perches and shelves so I can change the "terrain" with vines and hanging plants. The total cost to renovate it, including the cabinet, ran around $100. TOTALLY worth it!

Attachments

• Condo.JPG
    Condo.JPG
    257.8 KB · Views: 278
My first cage ever! It's a reptibreeze XL with 2 pothos, a dragon tree, and a fern!

Attachments

• IMG_1962.JPG
    IMG_1962.JPG
    375.5 KB · Views: 273
Back
Top Bottom