Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

Main Chameleon Cribs:

Nito's left, Mia's right, future babies? the smaller enclosure just sitting on the floor at the moment.
The main two 24x24x48 cages have a black plastic bag I cut to size taped between them, so they don't freak out seeing each other all day. (You can see the plastic trash bag in the picture of Mia- behind her. I also taped the bags to the backs of the cages to prevent my walls from getting moldy from the mistings.)

chameleon.jpg

mia5.jpg

This is Nito crawling on the screen- behind him you can see three lights. The circular one is a heat lamp, and then the two long bulbs; one is a UVB 5.0 light, and the other is just a normal light to help it be brighter in there. I have a mistking setup attached to these two cham homes, and it's the best thing ever.

image13.jpg

Outdoor-just for fun-enclosure: The Jungle

This one is a MONSTER. I designed and constructed all of it, and I'm extremely pleased with the way everything turned out. Although, Nito definitely loves it more.

Size is roughly 6ft long, 4ft high, and 3 ft deep. I use an old fashioned spray bottle while they're out. Also- the bottom has a piece of insulation board and then topped with a piece of astro turf carpet(I wanted it to look 'au natural'). The insulation board and turf are propped at a slant so that any water runs of of it to the ground. Nito likes the turf, and will walk on it to get a different vines if he pleases.

image.jpg

image6-1.jpg

image7-1.jpg

thank you all for posting the pics of your enclosures. :) definitely giving me some great ideas on how to upgrade my current set up for my new chameleon :)

LOVE THIS FORUM!

Yes, I know this has been done before, but I'd like to start a new one. For the new section that will be Chameleon Care Resources we need some more examples of good caging to add to pages. Ideally what we need are some pictures of cages where you can see both the UVB and basking bulbs and lack of substrate on the floor. As to caging styles, decor, and species there are no guidelines! Of course GOC's, free ranges, and greenhouse types of caging are welcome too and we can use those! If we would like to use your picture for forum purposes we will let you know first, but others will appreciate your contribution nonetheless as they try to decide how to decorate or build their cages! Thanks! :)

the offical cage thread has alot of good ones...ill add pictures of mine tonight

Thank you! I will be upgrading to a larger enclosure soon. This is just a ReptiBreeze Medium. Thinking about adding some more horizontal branches.

I was going to suggest more horizontal branches, but then I decided not to because that is one of the prettiest decorated cages I have ever seen. It is like artwork!

Here is my cham room:

IMG_20120922_185950.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful set ups! How do you attach your sticks and vines to the screen?

I use a multi-purpose gardening wire. It comes in rolls and has a plastic coating. It's great for attaching things in your chams cage because it doesn't destroy the mesh and you don't have to poke any holes. I even use it to attach the ferns to the branches that I have hanging, you can see them in the pictures.

Here is the room i have done for are cham zuggie he is a one spoilt cham but we love him we also have a day gecko in there witch we have just got called ghettz :) here is some pictures Enjoy

qynusege.jpg

ama8y7u6.jpg

uzy6epa2.jpg

ba8e4uze.jpg

u6u6e6uh.jpg

ava2u5av.jpg

Back
Top Bottom