Nosy Faly's without red rain?

LOL:D:D:D I can't wait till I get my shirts made that say "I don't even exist":cool::cool:

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Not that my two cents count but I think a lot of points you, Kent and others have made in this thread are great. Along with exporters sending mislabeled females (purposely or not) and not knowing if they housed them with different locales, one has to remember a lot of these importers and other businesses are in it for the money. If they can get away with selling a WC female that isnt a Faly as one or selling young individuals with no indication then a lot of them will. Same goes with hobby breeders.

I have seen a lot of non Falys or crossed ones being called Falys all over the forum. More those than real Faly and when I say real Faly I mean what Screameleons brought to the market. That is what representation I would call a true one.

I think those that get WC females need to prove their locale before selling offspring (with any locale not just Faly) if they want to call them what they feel they are. If you sell them before it needs to be stated that they are possible CH Faly or possible CB and priced accordingly. This way if a mistake was made then it will be known before there is more chances to muddy bloodlines and if they were sold before proven the owner will know its possible they wont end up with said locale and wont be pissed when it turns out something else.

I am one that thinks purposely cross breeding locales shouldnt be done. This is just my opinion and a whole different ball game;) That being said, I think those who have Faly crosses or mislabeled animals should just accept it and move one. This way it will help keep lines pure especially with a locale where there arent many pure lines like the Falys.

The middle one has little to no white also he is way bluer and the red rain is less and not as defined as the other 2. By your standards I am thinking that cb cham had nosy be in his background some were.

The middle one has little to no white also he is way bluer and the red rain is less and not as defined as the other 2. By your standards I am thinking that cb cham had nosy be in his background some were.

Yes, that is true, there is less red rain, but, theres red rain, not just a dot here and there. Plus theres white background with blue bars, white belly and white gular with red spots/blotches. All traits of Faly. Although some have less spots, there are no faly without spots, and no faly without white background although some do show a very pale blue background, until fired! Then it turns white. If you want us to accept your "spotless" Faly, show us pics of him fired up, showing a white background.

Another thing I have found with pure Faly, if you look behind the eye, theres always a very pale blue or white strip, more often 2. This is something I use to identify Females as they show it too.

CLARK How do you know that the "mom" of my male wasn't pucked off "the" island of Nosy Faly? She came in with a shipment of Nosy Falys that came in sometime late last year. Hatch date for mine was Dec 15ish 2011. I understand about mix ups with importers and all that but why no one wants to entertain the idea that Nosy Falys might be a little diverse seems odd - especially when the clutch mates from my male had varying amounts of rain. It might be a cross and it might not but no one suspects that Nosy Falys might have variety when we have so much variety with other Panthers???

uh oh now your callin my falys crosses? lets not go that way.. you made this thread to ask people who have em or breed thems opinion I will direct you to my profile an my numerous pages of threads of the falys i have an breed with pictures to back up cb females brothers the whole deal..

uh oh now your callin my falys crosses? lets not go that way.. you made this thread to ask people who have em or breed thems opinion I will direct you to my profile an my numerous pages of threads of the falys i have an breed with pictures to back up cb females brothers the whole deal..

clarks actually. and purely for the sake of poking the bear:D

and i was just trying to discuss color variation... :rolleyes:

I'm actually selling my "faly" or trying to... and hopefully to a non breeder.

then trying to pick up one of the locale standard varieties. as i like them better anyways.

I understand about mix ups with importers and all that but why no one wants to entertain the idea that Nosy Falys might be a little diverse seems odd

It's because people interested in panther locales have been going to Nosy Faly for several years now and not one report or pic of a single "rainless" specimen. Doesn't seem that odd to me.

How does your source know the mother was "plucked off a tree" on Nosy Faly? He didn't capture her. Did the exporter on Madagascar catch her? Nope, they have collectors that do that. It's impossible to say with any certainty that that chain hasn't been broken.

clarks actually. and purely for the sake of poking the bear:D

and i was just trying to discuss color variation... :rolleyes:

I'm actually selling my "faly" or trying to... and hopefully to a non breeder.

then trying to pick up one of the locale standard varieties. as i like them better anyways.

Nosy Faly do have a lot of variation, but they all have red rain, blue bars and white backgrounds. In fact, some have green bars like wild Nosy be but thats very rare. Anyhow no red rain, no Faly. They have been worked with for long enough now that if having no spots was a genetic throwback it would have been seen long before now.

If I was selling your "Faly", I would advertise him as a Faly cross to avoid anyone wanting to breed him with the idea that they have a Faly without rain. Its up to you to make the right decision on that one, bearing in mind that by selling him as Faly you could be taking the risk of someone breeding and diluting the gene pool more. Although, for pure Faly breeders, this could be a good thing as people want guaranteed pure and with multiple generations to show their bloodlines they could raise the price for that guarantee!

Nosy Faly do have a lot of variation, but they all have red rain, blue bars and white backgrounds. In fact, some have green bars like wild Nosy be but thats very rare. Anyhow no red rain, no Faly. They have been worked with for long enough now that if having no spots was a genetic throwback it would have been seen long before now.

If I was selling your "Faly", I would advertise him as a Faly cross to avoid anyone wanting to breed him with the idea that they have a Faly without rain. Its up to you to make the right decision on that one, bearing in mind that by selling him as Faly you could be taking the risk of someone breeding and diluting the gene pool more. Although, for pure Faly breeders, this could be a good thing as people want guaranteed pure and with multiple generations to show their bloodlines they could raise the price for that guarantee!

i'm selling him as a blue chameleon. lol.

I'm sure you will find a good home for him... his colours are really nice. I would buy him in a heartbeat if I saw him! ;) I'm a fan of blues. :)

It's because people interested in panther locales have been going to Nosy Faly for several years now and not one report or pic of a single "rainless" specimen. Doesn't seem that odd to me.

Do you have links to these guys claims? Who Are these guys resellers/wholeseller/exporters/importers or are they actually researchers/hobbyist doing a study?

From a non club faly guy. Clarks animal in the third pic is pretty damn amazing.

Blackhawks "Faly" looks like a faly without all the red rain you all claim "has to be a trait".

CLARK How do you know that the "mom" of my male wasn't pucked off "the" island of Nosy Faly? She came in with a shipment of Nosy Falys that came in sometime late last year. Hatch date for mine was Dec 15ish 2011. I understand about mix ups with importers and all that but why no one wants to entertain the idea that Nosy Falys might be a little diverse seems odd - especially when the clutch mates from my male had varying amounts of rain. It might be a cross and it might not but no one suspects that Nosy Falys might have variety when we have so much variety with other Panthers???
I've never been there, but I assume there is variance and you probably could find specimens without red rain.

I really enjoyed Jann's Nosy Be photos and her explanation of what she was experiencing. Do we have anything like that for Nosy Faly? If not, do we have anyone with first hand experience in the area that has documented what they saw? Considering the proximity to Ambanja, Ambilobe, and Nosy Be, should we not expect variation in color?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom