Nosy Faly's without red rain?

heres my "not a faly" faly

Im sorry to say my friend but that isn't a Faly. It looks more like Ambanja or Nosy Be, possibly a cross but definitely not 100% Faly. Theres absolutely no white at all. Show me it fired up with a white background and blue bars and I may be slightly more convinced its a rainless Faly.

The Faly debate will carry on for years and years now as the damage has been done and its gonna take a long time to recover from it. Only multiple generations of pure Faly showing pure Faly traits will erase the memory or at least put it to the back of peoples minds of the bad issues and stigma attached to the Faly. The problem is trying to convince people who dont have pure Faly not to breed them and sell them as Faly, otherwise the circle will never end and th US will never recover.

Im glad the UK dont have many Faly, and Im one of few that worked with them so theres little chance of Faly being diluted. Although if someone does do it, were screwed as were such a small Island with very few genes to work with. Im selling my trio on Sunday, but the guy buying them is a very responsible guy and will produce some beautiful F1 Faly from my WC male.....with red rain. :p

Never;) But I do have about 4 dozen pictures of different animals from someone that lives there. With commentary as to which ones are typical, which ones are exceptional and which ones he suspects to be hybrids with introduced Nosy Be's:cool:

Ive seen the pics on a thread from before. The difference is very subtle, but you can clearly see red rain on every single one of them. I dont mean to sound arrogant, it is very difficult to guess my tone from reading text. If you plan on breeding this guy, dont sell them as Faly, they will have to be sold as possible cross or you run the risk of contributing to the already fading Faly gene pool.

Wait, am I cham bashing:confused:

I believe what many are saying is they already are a "thing" it's called a hybrid or morph or cross etc;)

i'm sayin we'll get morphs of REAL faly over time.

kind of like how nosy be were selected for to get the blues

im sure someone with a "true faly" line will end up with a rainless baby or two eventually.

What we have now is a bunch of CH stuff that turned out so be Nosy Be or some other mix.

Yes! Thank you!! We all wish they'd been Faly. For what it's worth, there definitely was at least one clutch that was Faly as evidenced by Rob Clark's Rakaposhy. Also, of the rest I haven't seen any that I thought look like crosses.

Also agree with everything else you said about the future. It will get better as long as we stick to breeding Faly that are accepted to be.

Yes! Thank you!! We all wish they'd been Faly. For what it's worth, there definitely was at least one clutch that was Faly as evidenced by Rob Clark's Rakaposhy. Also, of the rest I haven't seen any that I thought look like crosses.

Also agree with everything else you said about the future. It will get better as long as we stick to breeding Faly that are accepted to be.

Thanks Kent, I think it is VERY important going forward that we keep better track of sire and dame lines. Pictures should be available of males out of the same clutch as the dames used to document her genetics.

I have three males one WC, one CH and one CB I am posting them here so they can all be in the same spot at the same time.

474089_10150657572086895_1013316491_o.jpg

54650_10151074925056895_2091120181_o.jpg

411700_10151116215691895_1258761383_o.jpg

You all are welcome to say whatever you want about the three.

Red Island: The discussion is wheter or not Falys have variety. The animal that I have WAS plucked off the island and while it does have red rain there is very little of it - unlike many of his clutchmates. So whats your deal? Are you running for the position of Faly Czar? Can you tell us how much red rain a Faly needs to possess in order to BE a Faly since there can be no variety? And while were at it, could you enlighten us as to the true Ambilobe, is it the blue bar or the red bar? But lets not stop there, how about Ambanjas? Red, blue or purple bars... which is the true Ambanja? Or how about Nosy Bes? Are the green ones the true Nose Be or is it the blue ones...?

Red Island: The discussion is wheter or not Falys have variety. The animal that I have WAS plucked off the island and while it does have red rain there is very little of it - unlike many of his clutchmates. So whats your deal? Are you running for the position of Faly Czar? Can you tell us how much red rain a Faly needs to possess in order to BE a Faly since there can be no variety? And while were at it, could you enlighten us as to the true Ambilobe, is it the blue bar or the red bar? But lets not stop there, how about Ambanjas? Red, blue or purple bars... which is the true Ambanja? Or how about Nosy Bes? Are the green ones the true Nose Be or is it the blue ones...?

Wait I am confused if HE WAS plucked off the island how do you know what his clutch mates look like??

Wow Rob, they look like the blue white and red spotted Mitsio!!! ;):p

Beautiful specimens mate. Id love to see their offspring and the revival of the pure Faly!

News Flash!!

Madagascar collectors and exporters have been mislabeling panther females for the last 20+ years (surely longer, that'd just all the experience I have seeing it in person). Consistently. I have some Nosy Be crosses right now that are for the same reason.

Last edited:
My only input is to just come to accept that there was a mistake made, and you ended up with nosy bes.. Its not what anyone wants to hear, but it happened.. Even happened to me, And honestly my CH "Faly " looked more faly than any of the other CH ive seen here.. but truth is he wasnt, or at least wasnt 100% faly...

The trouble I had selling it just wasnt worth it, and id hate to have to sell 20-30 babies he sired as "faly" because it would be just as tough if not worse. Its tough, but youll get over it.

CLARKRW - He wasn't plucked off the island, his mom was

Plucked of the island and breed I captivaty or brought back already pregnant? Also how do you no the female was a faly, I've spoke to a lot of people who have had young that turn out to be a cross as the females are sent as the wrong local

The animal that I have WAS plucked off the island and while it does have red rain there is very little of it - unlike many of his clutchmates.

CLARKRW - He wasn't plucked off the island, his mom was

That's really my point. The "mom" of yours was "plucked" off an island....but not "the" island of Nosy Faly. The first animal I posted was "plucked" off the island of Nosy Faly...and the third animals dame was "plucked off the island. That is why they both look like f.pardalis from the island of Nosy Faly. Yours not so much. CH means "I have this female and have NO idea where she was from...the importer said X we will see what her offspring look like when they color up"

Like Kent said there has been mix ups with locale ever since they have been imported. The other question I have always had is all these females come in Gravid...who is to say they mated in the wild and not some place in holding from the time they were caught to the time they were brought home state side??? Were they always caged in with like locale?? I promise you they were not always caged in individual cages.

Back
Top Bottom