Nosy Faly's without red rain?

drcrossfire

Avid Member
Is this common? (No crap via speculation please) I am asking people with real experience breeding/wc if they have seen it happen.

also, what is the latest you've seen red rain come in?

not meant to spark controversy. I really want to know. thanks!

With mine ive found them to look kinda girly @1-2months old around 2 months ya can see the red rain it may not be red yet it maybe black spots.
Now ive had some that had more then others, then others that get more rain as they grow but i can always see some.

how old are yours?

This is red rain...
7y8uveba.jpg

Would like to hear an experts opinion on this as well. I have a male that is about a year old with no red rain that was purchased at less than 2 months of age from a clutch from a wild caught female. I have seen another male supposedly from this clutch that had lots of red rain.

Attachments

• tinian.jpg
    tinian.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 378
Would like to hear an experts opinion on this as well. I have a male that is about a year old with no red rain that was purchased at less than 2 months of age from a clutch from a wild caught female. I have seen another male supposedly from this clutch that had lots of red rain.

This is a nosy be

I have never seen an adult male Nosy Faly panther, either in wild photos or imported wild-caughts, without the so-called red rain that they were named Oorana Mena for.

Do you have no pics of your boy drcrossfire? Also i agree with kev in that the faly from blackhawk is indeed a nosey be i see rain on his tail and two spots on his chin but his head shape is that of a be although his bars and colour are very similar to my faly i am guessing a mistake was made with one of the parents nosey be is very close to faly and i would guess falyxbe or just straight nosey be just my opinion some others may see something else but thats what is ee. Very handsome eitherway great job with him.

I think that there are Faly without rain. Especially since his clutchmate had substantial red rain. I think we might to see more and more rainless Faly as the locale becomes more popular

I have never seen an adult male Nosy Faly panther, either in wild photos or imported wild-caughts, without the so-called red rain that they were named Oorana Mena for.

A lot of nosy be do have some little dots of red an most of the WC be I've seen do, jannb had some great shots of WC be witch most had slight reds. Faly don't have nearly the amont of blues on them that be do but I'm sure you yanks have had that row far to many times with the great faly row lol

I Agree with this statement cant really say it any better then that.
wouldnt a came up with a name Oorana Mena for a spotless cham.

I think that there are Faly without rain.

Doesn't that then imply that the collectors/exporters have been ignoring the "rainless" specimens for years and/or that some selective pressure on the island is prohibiting the rainless ones from reaching adulthood?

I've talked to the breeder today that sold me my rainless Faly (photo can be found in a previous post in this thread) and have seen and heard from those with Falys from that particular clutch that mine came from - all sporting red rain. Mine is a rainless Faly. I also have him housed two cages down from my blue Nosy Be and tonight looking at them in their sleep colors, I can say without a doubt that I have a rainless Nosy Faly. White background, different blues than Nosy Be and lots of rain in clutchmates = rainless Nosy Faly. So, to answer the OP: Yes, Nosy Falys can be found with no red rain.

Doesn't that then imply that the collectors/exporters have been ignoring the "rainless" specimens for years and/or that some selective pressure on the island is prohibiting the rainless ones from reaching adulthood?

No. Just that the original importers were looking for something different than the usual. So the exporters/chameleon hunters selected for ones that they thought we would want. With pretty whites and reds.

I have seen faly with minimal red, no white and with much variation.

I just think now with a bigger sample we will start to see a blue rainless Faly emerge.

This could be quite possible, however wrong it may be! Having previously owned a purebred Boxer (dog), I remember a time when breeders would euthanize any 'all-white' pups in the litter as they weren't recognized by the American Kennel Association. They were considered an 'anomaly' of the breed however I believe this 'rule' is no longer observed. Perhaps a rainless Faly is considered an anomaly in the Chameleon world!

Blackhawk, he certainly is beautiful tho'! :)

Back
Top Bottom