Nosy Faly's without red rain?

But the reality of it is we are all gonna have to breed the desired faly look that is known as pure until someone comes back from the island with more then one pic of one faly out of the ordinary. And or starts a breeding project with these odd faly traits with a proven female and sho us that they produce pure falys. That would be an Awsome project something like that I would love to see. The problem is getting a couple odd males from the island to breed with a cb female .

I thought people have already bred unusual males to CB females and gotten "normal" looking males from the clutch? If this has/did happen, keepers could (or probably would) still argue that even crosses can look pure and that it doesn't necessarily prove that the unusual male was pure. Even clutches that have these yellow/red/whatever colored males often still have normal red, white, and blue/green males in them.

Maybe someone on the island can breed a male and a female, let the babies grow, and make sure all the males are "classic" faly males. Then breed a few females from this pairing to some males that are unusual? Because of most of the colors/patterns in chameleons being due to polymorphic traits (causing some hybrids to look pure,) I don't know how much it will actually help prove anything though. I think that keepers wont be convinced until they see proof themselves (in the form of pictures/video from someone they believe to be reliable perhaps?) or some kind of genetic study is done and able to determine pure animals and hybrids.

Back
Top Bottom