New Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
A few new rules have recently been added.
  • Images of animals for sale should not be manipulated in a fraudulent manner.
  • Sellers must list their full name in their profile or their ads will be deleted.
  • If a classified ad shows a health problem or abnormality that is not disclosed, the ad will be removed.

I don't get why we should give our full name? We are trying to sell something not give away personal information to random people on the internet.

It's for accountability reasons I think.

All of these rules are a good idea in my opinion.

I think the rules are being added for good reasons but I feel the name thing could be abused if it can be viewed by everyone......maybe the name should need to be listed in the profile but not available to the public.

Kevin

I don't get why we should give our full name? We are trying to sell something not give away personal information to random people on the internet.
The members of the site, are trying to buy something quality in good faith. A real name ensures that the risk for scammers and people selling with less morals and ethics, is far greater. This is protection for all buyers, and for good sellers.

This is a tried tested and true method that has worked well on several forums that some of the development staff have participated upon with good results. Everything that is said and done on a public forum, should be backed up by you and your name as if you were speaking face to face with everyone. For now, these regulations are only put in place in the Classified forums for safety for the members and liability for the forums.

As always there is a place on the forums to make suggestions, discuss rules, etc, etc. Look to the Feedback And Suggestions forum to post concerning any of these topics. This site is in constant development and the thoughts and views of the members will help to shape the evolution of the site.

I think the rules are being added for good reasons but I feel the name thing could be abused if it can be viewed by everyone......maybe the name should need to be listed in the profile but not available to the public.

Kevin
I understand your privacy concerns. User profiles are only viewable by registered members who are currently logged in. Users may be given a choice in the near future to make their profile public, but private profiles will always be the default option.

Just to make it clear, this requirement is only for someone who is using the classifieds to sell animals or supplies. Buyers and regular forum members of course do not have to list their name.

Would it be possible to have name and contact info available to the mods and if a real problem came up they could judge if the info should be made available. I've been tracked down on ebay by a guy that didn't even purchase anything from me. He called me to ask a question about Reef bulbs that I list. The question could have been asked through ebay or regular email but instead he took the time to track me down.......It makes you feel kind of weird.

Kevin

I won't give out my full name to anyone but the person buying it. I am happy to give it out once they send the money, but not to the general public.

For now, Ill be called Josh McSweeny. That is my name. I swear.

i dont see the big deal. they are only asking for your name just like a friend would. i dont think anyone really has any enemys on this site as to where someone will put out a price on someones head. its a name and you would give it to your friends, co workers, or school yard chums. wouldent you?

now if they ask for you to post your address and ss# then you should be upset.
my names is matt martino by the way. nice to meet you.

i agree, your name can be aquired anywhere, alot of people use their full name in their email address, it is your birth date, ss# and other info that is private. i purchased from someone here i did not know, it is weird to send money without speaking and getting someone's info. i ended up emailing them and speaking with them, got their address and work information prior to sending money,all turned out great but i would not ever send $200, $300 or more to a 'Joe" selling a great chameleon?? think about it!!

drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom