Mr. Jose Quervo is... a... Ms?

AndrewWelch

Some of you might remember me, a while back I posted here daily and asked questions about my first chameleon (GREAT ADVISE!!!) but recently I found out some... disturbing news.

For a week now my veiled what I thought male chameleon has been at the bottom of the cage digging at a wood post I have and it was starting to freak me out. But just today he/she moved into a new spot, the dirt of a plant. When I got home from my neighbors house I found he/she digging in the soil and went into full panic mode. I knew this wasn't a good sign. He/she hasn't been eating for a week, and has been trying to dig, it all makes sence. Jose Quervo is about to have eggs.

I got a brand new pot and put soil in and sure enough when I came back in my room there is a tunnel dug in it.

All these months I thought I had a dude, but its a chick. It feels so weird and wrong calling him a her :/...

All I know about eggs is you have to have an incubator, but I don't even know what you need one for... I do know that there is a chance for the eggs to be infertile since there was no male to even fertile them in the first place though.

The veiled that is in your avatar?

[edit] And you won't need an incubator. If there has been no male the eggs will not turn into babies so it would be pointless. Unless she was previously with a male.

[edit edit] Can you post new pictures? She does look like a he to me, in your past threads.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/male-veiled-chameleon-digging-58465/

^ there has been cases of guys digging.

Infact i'm pretty sure I see spurs: https://www.chameleonforums.com/joses-first-vet-visit-pictures-73623/

Last edited:
Well, I did some research, my first guess was I have been fooled. I'm still not totally convinced but I thought I would come here to share.

post some pics if you would. The cham in your avatar has all the markings of a male if that is the cham you are talking about. Does your chameleon have the spurs on the back feet?

Back
Top Bottom