Was digging but now not??

Trust me, resist!! They're beautiful but very challenging. We've just cancelled our 2 week holiday because of this scenario with our girl. Its not fair to ask someone else to watch her or for her regular handler (me) to leave her right now 🤦‍♀️
Oh no I’m sorry :(

Ugh these female panthers are so beautiful......I feel like I need one...must...resist...
Trust me, resist!! They're beautiful but very challenging. We've just cancelled our 2 week holiday because of this scenario with our girl. Its not fair to ask someone else to watch her or for her regular handler (me) to leave her right now 🤦‍♀️

SHE'S DIGGING!!!!!!!!!!! I'm literally crying with excitement and fear right now. She stopped eating 2 days ago, has done a very weird poo this morning and is currently digging a massive hole!!!! IMG-20230917-WA0001.jpg

So far just a massive hole, no eggs. (She's gone to bed so I had a peek in the lay bin). This was a lot more full amd smooth on the surface. Now looks like shes had a mini digger in there! Keeling everything crossed she lays in the next 24-48hrs. Im ready and waiting with gut loaded food and energy infused water (using Repto boost) so lets hope it happens! 20230917_184522.jpg

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻 At least there’s some progress.

(Small side note, IMHO that lay bin looks at first sight a bit on the small side. But, I’m not experienced with lay bins because my girls lay in the bioactive soil and dig huge holes)

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻 At least there’s some progress.

(Small side note, IMHO that lay bin looks at first sight a bit on the small side. But, I’m not experienced with lay bins because my girls lay in the bioactive soil and dig huge holes)
I agree it's smaller than id like, and looks even smaller in the pic. It's the mid size of her 4 areas in her viv that she could choose though. She has a full sand/soil bank down a whole side that she's dug in before (back in June!) And 2 plant pots which are smaller. If we can get her through this she'll have a full custom made viv with much larger lay bin. We only got her in April so didn't have time to do this before she developed eggs. She wasn't mated at that time and we didn't know about the infertile egg laying cycle either so we were completely caught off guard!

Update, she stopped digging yesterday afternoon and hasn't done any since. Still not eating though so hoping she starts again today. Otherwise, should we try another oxytocin jab tomorrow? She had one in July but nothing happened but definitely seems more ready this time?

So we're now on day 5 of continuous digging, as she restarted after my last update. She hasn't eaten in a week. She's looking strong but exhausted, if that makes sense. How long can the digging last?! She digs all day then stops at night and goes to sleep. Is she wanting to lay or actually just prepping to lay in a few more days?

So we're now on day 5 of continuous digging, as she restarted after my last update. She hasn't eaten in a week. She's looking strong but exhausted, if that makes sense. How long can the digging last?! She digs all day then stops at night and goes to sleep. Is she wanting to lay or actually just prepping to lay in a few more days?
She will dig test holes, but I personally am not sure how many days that may happen. Can you share a photo of her?

She will dig test holes, but I personally am not sure how many days that may happen. Can you share a photo of her?
She seems to be digging in the same place, has made a massive trench and now seems to be trying to tunnel along the bottom. Difficult to get a pic as I dont want to put her off or make her abandon it :-(

Definitely don't disturb her. She wasn't happy with the hole so far and each can be the hole to finish her job. Eventually she realizes there isn't a better spot and she needs to lay them (in general). Hopefully this is the case with your girl and she lays them now 🤞

She did it!!! She's laid 11 beautiful little eggs! Whether they're fertile or viable, time will tell. But that's not the important bit. She is. She's gone straight to bed so I'll be up early tomorrow to check her condition and give her plenty of food.

She's carried these eggs since developing them (without mating) in June, so it really does seem that she held on to them until mated, possibly because she knew there was a male nearby, otherwise she would have laid them ages ago. It's exactly 3 weeks to the day since she was very willingly mated, and she's laid as you'd usually expect following mating. So thankful it was suggested we mate them and fingers crossed she fully recovers over the next couple days. Thankyou to everyone on here for your support and advice xxx

IMG-20230923-WA0001.jpg

She did it!!! She's laid 11 beautiful little eggs! Whether they're fertile or viable, time will tell. But that's not the important bit. She is. She's gone straight to bed so I'll be up early tomorrow to check her condition and give her plenty of food.

She's carried these eggs since developing them (without mating) in June, so it really does seem that she held on to them until mated, possibly because she knew there was a male nearby, otherwise she would have laid them ages ago. It's exactly 3 weeks to the day since she was very willingly mated, and she's laid as you'd usually expect following mating. So thankful it was suggested we mate them and fingers crossed she fully recovers over the next couple days. Thankyou to everyone on here for your support and advice xxx

View attachment 343897
I am so happy for you and for her!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

View attachment 343897
Yay!!! Good girl! ❤️ now for you both to relax, a little bit.

HELP!!!
I expected her to be in her branches wanting food and water this morning. But she's not. She's frantically digging where we found the eggs yesterday!! Why? The area was completely back filled, so we thought she had finished with egg laying. Could there be more? Have we ruined things for her by removing the eggs already?

Back
Top Bottom