Was digging but now not??

Hiya, she's covered up atm but when I feed her tomorrow morning I'll take some pics. She's active, no signs of reduced mobility. Eyes are still proud. Feaces was good today, urate was white and healthy. And she was quite light in colour earlier today, as opposed to very dark as she's been more often recently. She is showing a yellow colour inside her mouth but her vet said that could be liver issues caused by the eggs?
Isnt she a panther? Panthers have yellow mouths.... Not 100% sure on the females but my male has a yellow mouth.

You said…”She is showing a yellow colour inside her mouth but her vet said that could be liver issues caused by the eggs?”…panther chameleons often have yellow inside the mouth…it’s normal…not an indication of jaundice.

https://stock.adobe.com/ca/images/panther-chameleon-with-open-mouth/133692507

https://www.alamy.com/panther-chame...-pattern-on-textured-skin-image216233077.html

https://www.123rf.com/photo_6942063...-chameleon-with-opened-mouth-amber-mount.html
Yep, that is what mine looks like. Thats a healthy panther mouth.

Oh wow ok, she's definitely a panther and I'm certain her mouth used to be more pink than yellow, but good to know this isn't necessarily something else to worry about! Here's a pic of her this morning. Just climbing out from where she sleeps and the white by her nose is left over shed from the last couple days 20230809_081044.jpg

More pics this morning

Attachments

• 20230809_104153.jpg
    20230809_104153.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230809_103502.jpg
    20230809_103502.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230809_102832.jpg
    20230809_102832.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 43
She really is. No signs of distress?
She's still eating, drinking, basking etc. She can climb confidently, maybe a bit slower than usual. Going to bed a bit earlier and climbing out of her sleeping area a bit later than she used to though. And she does spend lots of time in darker colours than she used to too. I'm not sure what else I'm looking for or what else I can do to help her?

She's still eating, drinking, basking etc. She can climb confidently, maybe a bit slower than usual. Going to bed a bit earlier and climbing out of her sleeping area a bit later than she used to though. And she does spend lots of time in darker colours than she used to too. I'm not sure what else I'm looking for or what else I can do to help her?
Hmmm. I am not sure, for me those were actually early signs that my panther was not doing well.

With these guys being prey animals our best bet to know something is off is knowing their behaviors to a 'T' and if their behavior is off, thats the first sign they aren't doing well. Personally, if she were my girl and she was waking up later, going to bed later and has slightly darker colors I would take her in.

@MissSkittles - you have girl chameleons, what do you think about post #88?

Hmmm. I am not sure, for me those were actually early signs that my panther was not doing well.

With these guys being prey animals our best bet to know something is off is knowing their behaviors to a 'T' and if their behavior is off, thats the first sign they aren't doing well. Personally, if she were my girl and she was waking up later, going to bed later and has slightly darker colors I would take her in.

I agree with you and would be making a follow up appointment to have another set of radiographs done. I’d also be seeing advice and guidance from those who are full of experience, knowledge and who I learn from - @kinyonga and @jannb

I agree and would be taking her in to the vet again.

Sorry I haven’t thought of this before! But it starts to get the same story like my brothers Veiled. She had eggs visible in December ‘22. She never really changed behavior, kept eating, pooping and drinking. In February it looked like she was gonna lay, went down a few times and even looked smaller in one occasion. The vet was constant on standby for surgery if she would show any signs of declining. Then she became bigger again, and then in May (5 months later then shown on the x-ray) they did surgery and spayed her. She was btw a rescue from extreme poor conditions with starting MBD and was adopted end of November.
The eggs they removed was chocking and she suffered follicular stasis and developed normal eggs (which she probably laid a few in February) and undeveloped round eggs big and small, see picture.

I’m guessing your girl is suffering the same, symptoms are looking alike. Any thoughts on this @kinyonga

1BEF24BC-AD22-45E2-8AF5-C2682B468C8E.jpeg
EEF84A20-3B06-4EDF-A194-EF52AB76FDB4.jpeg

Oh wow how awful.
I'd like to think my girl is being kept in good conditions. Shes been happy n healthy until this. We've only had her 4mths but she came to us as her first owners at a young age from a reptile centre.
In the xray the eggs look to be the correct oval shape. I can't see any circular ones. But I'm gathering from this that eventually surgery will be the only option?

Oh wow how awful.
I'd like to think my girl is being kept in good conditions. Shes been happy n healthy until this. We've only had her 4mths but she came to us as her first owners at a young age from a reptile centre.
In the xray the eggs look to be the correct oval shape. I can't see any circular ones. But I'm gathering from this that eventually surgery will be the only option?
I’m not indicating nor assuming your girl had bad care, just the girl of my brother had. At her first x-ray eggs also looked ”normal” not indicating any wrong development. Yet, not all eggs can and will be visible on the X-ray. About the surgery? I don’t know, but you’re getting close to point of no return where surgery will be the only option left. I think the case of my brother is pretty similar to yours and this could be the case. That explains why it takes that long but she also acts normal. I’m no vet as already mentioned and we‘re trying to figure out what’s happening. Maybe she still does it on her own, hopefully! And my brother was just lucky he found a good vet that had experience with the surgery and spaying, because surgery also a risk.

I’m not a vet and hate having to give people advice on these situations. I’m concerned that she could be having reproductive issues…but a good exotics chameleon vet is the only one who could be sure.

Its not easy to say when they hit the wall and need surgery because by the time it’s figured out it’s often too late for the surgery to be successful.

The eggs in the container in the photo you provided, @Sonny13 were definitely not ready to be laid, (as you said)… as indicated by their round shape.

Hi all, I haven't posted for a while so thought I'd give an update. Still no eggs! She's still looking really healthy, no signs of distress or issues. Here are some pics of her today...confusing or what?! 🤯🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• 20230820_131023.jpg
    20230820_131023.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230820_130951.jpg
    20230820_130951.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom